Peppermint_M

Hoots! Gloryhammer, ready for Epic Battles

Hoots! Gloryhammer aren't visiting the mighty land of Cymru, but I have created some little plastic version to make up for it.

21652819584_5bc65170cb_c.jpg

If you were not aware, Gloryhammer are a metal band. Their latest album Space 1992: Rise of the Chaos Wizards has been pretty much on repeat in my Car. Being a little bored and thinking that the promo shot:

CO3bmCGUwAEyigI.jpg

Had a number of elements that matched well with LEGO I in fact owned... I couldn't resist!

The castle in the background is Caerphilly Castle, I visted there today with my sister and her friends, but it has long been a favourite of the family to visit. I thought it would make a pretty epic backdrop.

Hope you enjoy these figs!

6 hours ago, Hightower said:

I joined for one reason and one reason alone. 

I wanted you to see this: 

Ah man, that is cool! I have been looking to match parts for the latest album look. Thanks for showing me :grin:

BrickWarriors for the armor and hammer.

Some ancient epithet piece, and eBay for the beret on Ralathor. Tony Stark’s face and painted a Harry Potter torso.

A cat toy that I cut up to make the Hootsman’s fur coat and a knock off “fat Thor” for the long hair and face.

Jack Sparrow face for Zargothrax, custom trimmed hood (dremmel) to fit with the armor, and a piece of ribbon to complete the robe bottom.

custom painted face and torso for Proletius. 

it started off with “I’m going to make a LEGO Angus McFife XIII. Then it was “I’m gonna make the entire band” and now? Now I’m going to begin work on a stop-motion music video that will be a shot for shot remake of their title song Gloryhammer, until the part where he goes through the black hole.... at that point he will land on stage and it will turn into a live concert. 

it’s only my second attempt at stop motion so it’s going to be quite a challenge. But with the power of Hoots, I feel confident!

ps: the stage isn’t fully completed. I have “speakers” coming in this week and I’m also added trans-red 1x2 for Zargothrax’s keyboard too look more evil. 

7736E1B7-9EBE-4E4E-8F36-1E6C2B6CE093.jpeg

On 9/21/2020 at 2:27 AM, Hightower said:

The final product is finished!! Enjoy :laugh:

Man, this is super awesome! Thanks for sharing it with me, you should totally put a post in Brick Flicks too. Amazing work :pir-grin:

Dang, there's a Gloryhammer thread here? Your customs look pretty good! I've got a few purist ones I put together for Angus XIII and Zargothrax myself. Angus is based on his design in the most recent music videos and Zargothrax is based on how he looks on album covers. I'd post them, but I don't want to derail your thread. :laugh:

On 11/6/2020 at 3:43 PM, shadefoundry said:

Dang, there's a Gloryhammer thread here? Your customs look pretty good! I've got a few purist ones I put together for Angus XIII and Zargothrax myself. Angus is based on his design in the most recent music videos and Zargothrax is based on how he looks on album covers. I'd post them, but I don't want to derail your thread. :laugh:

You're welcome to post your own thread here in MCW. :grin:

I love seeing bands I like rendered in LEGO form :thumbup: