Sign in to follow this  
kritch

PTV 2015 Small - Offering to Huitzilopochtli

22280318291_ba4310e433_z.jpg 21648791343_9c863dd589_z.jpg

Huitzilopochtli was the Aztec's god of war, sun, human sacrifice and the patron of the city of Tenochtitlan. It was vitally important to the Aztec people to keep him happy via offerings and human sacrifice. The stone disc on the top of the temple represents the sun.

Edited by Phred

The preast has a cool head decoration. You used even a fan and golden epaulets for it. But I would prefer Achu's hat. Do you have that mini figure in your collection? The blood fountain is terrific!

...I would prefer Achu's hat. Do you have that mini figure in your collection?

Staslegomaster, Thanks, I do have the Achu figure; the priest uses his cloak and legs (but you can't see them) and one of the guard's uses his face. I was thinking of using Achu's headdress but I though since I'd used two figures almost unchanged from the originals I thought I'd better try to mix it up a bit.

Edited by kritch

I really like the headdress,but the highlight of this MoC has to be the delightful blood flow! So gorey! Very true to the contest's intent! :grin: the build is very clean and expertly executed! Great work!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Staslegomaster, Thanks, I do have the Achu figure; the priest uses his cloak and legs (but you can't see them) and one of the guard's uses his face. I was thinking of using Achu's headdress but I though since I'd used two figures almost unchanged from the originals I thought I'd better try to mix it up a bit.

You were right - your mix is more than cool!

I really like the blood on the steps, those two colours, grey and red, just work really well together, very pretty and bloody. Fab headdress too!

This is a brilliant MOC. The set up is perfect and frankly speaking, I really like the hat of the main character.

The angle you used for your photography is also perfect.

Thanks everyone for your kind words, I've been wanting to build an aztec temple ever since the Aztec Warrior was released in 2012, and this competition has given me the motivation. I'm glad everyone likes the blood too; I don't usually like building violent scenes, this competition seemed to demand it, but I was concerned I'd gone overboard.

This is a very neat design, dirtied only by the incredible volume of blood running down the staircase. I'm pretty sure that pirate is dead by now. The headdress is perhaps the most imposing Lego headgear I've ever seen. Nice use of the Aztecs in a pirate build. Good work.

Well. I surely wasn't expecting to see this when I came here! It's great though - the solid grey makes a wonderful background for the bright colors in the warriors, priest and spurting blood!