Sign in to follow this  
Vectormatic

[MOD/MOC] Darth Vader's Sith Interceptor

Hi guys, i wanted to show of my project from this week.

After seeing the leaked sets for next year, it dawned on me that i didnt have an Eta-2 yet, even though i really like the ship. Closer examination of Obi-wan's version yielded that that version is changed from the current one (75038), and imho, not in a good way, and since i dislike anakin, i figured i should just make my own. (also, Ive been reading Tarkin and now the Rise of Lord Vader novels by James Luceno, in both novels Vader flies a black Eta-2)

Essentially my craft is mostly just anakin's yellow one, color shifted to black/grey, but i think it came out really well, it is easily my favorite lego star fighter now (toppling 8017 from the throne)

ozFdaWo.jpg

g9ikwJz.jpg

Any feedback is more then welcome :)

Excellent look.

Not having the interceptor myself, is the canopy from anikin set? Or is that also a replacement? Did you order the parts?

Thanks guys!

Looks nice. But personally, I would have put more black. The grey almost looks white next to the black. But that's just me.

I didnt want to black the ship out on purpose, all the full-black models ive seen (hasbro stuff) also have the S-foils and cockpit black (or very dark grey), and those parts arent available in that color, so i figured id rather go for some extra grey on the body to tie it all together, and have a semi-interesting pattern on the wings, then have a grey cockpit, black wings, grey S-foils type thing

Excellent look.

Not having the interceptor myself, is the canopy from anikin set? Or is that also a replacement? Did you order the parts?

I ordered all the parts from Bricklink, but im sure the cockpit come from the anakin set, since i used that part list as a template, and the specific part number for the cockpit only appears in that set (it must be slightly different from the green one from 2012)

I did one of these a while back when set 9494 came out. This looks good too, I did stick with mostly black though. Nice job keep up the good work.