Sign in to follow this  
Sigolf Brimabane

PTV: La Fortaleza del Lobo

Close to the port town Puerto del Lobo lies the fort, La Fortaleza del Lobo. It overlooks the sea and protects the Bluecoat colony.

Fuerte%20del%20Lobo%202_zpspslhniaz.png

Lately things have been going badly for the colony. Pirates have intercepted their supply ships. Resources are running scarce. The crops have failed as well and many villagers have resorted to stealing bread from the soldiers' bakeries. The governor, who is bathing in red wine and pleasuring himself with slave girls, decides to set an example. And who doesn't enjoy a public execution? Some boys who have stolen bread are being executed by a firing squad, while a baker who has handed out bread to the poor is being executed with the governor's favourite invention: the guillotine.

Fuerte%20del%20Lobo%201_zpslpntcsf1.jpg

At the end of the day, the soldiers all enjoy a hearty stew served by the new chef. It's very rich in iron. What the soldiers don't know, is that the chef is a cannibal. So that's where the bodies ended up after the last execution!

20151018_162424_zpsl3l0ywof.jpg

The kitchen is located at the back of the fort (it has an interior with dungeon, storage, governor's office etc. Might upload more pictures later or elsewhere). And here's a shot from the side of the fort:

Fuerte%20del%20Lobo%203_zpsxuhj6px3.png

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

That's a lovely fortress, especially the long building in the back. The landscape looks nice and natural, and I really like the rock arch. The dark grey in the walls breaks up the light grey nicely. You've got adequate firepower without being overkill. The action scenes are well built, especially the guillotine, but man, bringing out the firing squad over a few loaves of bread seems harsh. Remind me not to "knock over" any vendors whenever I visit...

This is just a very good all-around composition. If I had but one critique (and it pains me to say this) it could really use quite a bit more of the "Out for Blood" type of action. But that's your call to make.

Good work.

Thank you so much for the comments, and criticism. :) I might try to update the pictures later on if I manage to get sharper ones. I already have an idea how I could change the whole setting in a more "Out for Blood"-y way. All entries are considered WIPs until the 23rd, right? We'll see if I make it. I have a deadline to meet at the 21st with an exam paper for university. So I will have two whole days if I want to make a change here. ^^

I am very satisfied with the build as a whole. Some people would want fancier water (the waves on there aren't good at all really), but I like the good ol' blue baseplate.The transition from water to sand to rock to vegetation to building works smoothly, I think. The fort has an interior (one room misses furniture still though. Might get a shot of the rooms and stuff, it's even got a dungeon at the very base, and a kitchen!).

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

Before pillaging the village, have you pillaged a store with grey bricks to create your nice fort? It takes much time to become such a skillful builder!!! Such an unspeakable set with unusual building techniques. I'll try to learn from you. What's your opinion of my 2 sets Pirates Battle island and Soldier’s Arsenal? Keep building forever!

Before pillaging the village, have you pillaged a store with grey bricks to create your nice fort? It takes much time to become such a skillful builder!!! Such an unspeakable set with unusual building techniques. I'll try to learn from you. What's your opinion of my 2 sets Pirates Battle island and Soldier’s Arsenal? Keep building forever!

Thanks, glad you like it :) Hehe, I used around 1,000 light bluish grey 1 x 3 bricks, among all the rest... I don't know how many bricks I used, maybe I'll count them whenever I take it apart. I like both your sets. The latest pirate wave really lacks those small impulse sets like Soldier's Arsenal. However I don't think Lego would include a big flag and all those accessories in such a small set, hehe. Pirates Battle Island is an interesting idea. Maybe one could add some extra rules to the chess game with traps? I dunno. It looks like it might be a bit difficult to play from the pirate side of it.

Also: EXTRA, EXTRA! I updated with another picture: the Cannibal Chef!

Very nice work. It is WIP until the 23rd. So nicer photos and more action and blood in the spirit of the contest would be good. pirate_classic.gif

Thanks for your fast and detailed reply and support. Any healthy criticism is welcome because if somebody criticizes my creations it can mean they like them. And are attentive to details. If I am completely honest I don't see a purely pirates set getting anywhere close to the 10k support though it's a dream of any LEGO fan. -And The Flying Dutchman can prove the possibility. I think pirate Lego Ideas are always worth trying. Perhaps LEGO fans will support pirate projects not only because they like them but also just as a way of telling Lego we are still here and let them not forget us. However, I am glad you like my sense of humour, I am just trying to have fun with my Lego and want everyone else to enjoy it too, in whatever way they choose.

Thanks, glad you like it :) Hehe, I used around 1,000 light bluish grey 1 x 3 bricks, among all the rest... I don't know how many bricks I used, maybe I'll count them whenever I take it apart. I like both your sets. The latest pirate wave really lacks those small impulse sets like Soldier's Arsenal. However I don't think Lego would include a big flag and all those accessories in such a small set, hehe. Pirates Battle Island is an interesting idea. Maybe one could add some extra rules to the chess game with traps? I dunno. It looks like it might be a bit difficult to play from the pirate side of it.

Also: EXTRA, EXTRA! I updated with another picture: the Cannibal Chef!

Really nice, I like the style of it. The cannibal chef is a funny touch, nice use of parts.

One comment on the pictures, I don't think its a lighting problem so much as your lens needs to be cleaned. That is why there is so much "bloom" an softness.

Lovely aestetic here! I'm loving the smoothness of the rockwork and the overall layout of the fort! Good show!

Thanks for your fast and detailed reply and support. Any healthy criticism is welcome because if somebody criticizes my creations it can mean they like them. And are attentive to details. If I am completely honest I don't see a purely pirates set getting anywhere close to the 10k support though it's a dream of any LEGO fan. -And The Flying Dutchman can prove the possibility. I think pirate Lego Ideas are always worth trying. Perhaps LEGO fans will support pirate projects not only because they like them but also just as a way of telling Lego we are still here and let them not forget us. However, I am glad you like my sense of humour, I am just trying to have fun with my Lego and want everyone else to enjoy it too, in whatever way they choose.

Gosh these words feel very familiar ;-p I don't really like having stuff I wrote reused in multiple posts (on and off this site) by someone else, makes me feel uncomfortable.

On a lighter note, I really like this MOC, especially the cannibal chef, best bit, made me chuckle :-)

Gosh these words feel very familiar ;-p I don't really like having stuff I wrote reused in multiple posts (on and off this site) by someone else, makes me feel uncomfortable.

On a lighter note, I really like this MOC, especially the cannibal chef, best bit, made me chuckle :-)

Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable, But sometimes somebody's words and opinions are so impressive that they inspire literary piracy( even Shakespeare used plagiarism, you know). That's a Pirates forum. Sorry again. Happy building and pirating.

What's your opinion of my 2 sets Pirates Battle island and Soldier’s Arsenal?

I've asked you before to not discuss your MOCs in other member's topics. That is what your topics are for. Please review EB's Site Guidelines on the matter. I've quoted it below. My patience is wearing thin on this matter. You have been warned.

Posting, spam and off topic topics: Off topic posts can be great fun between friends, but they do run the risk of making a topic unreadable to other members. We ask you to try to stick to the thread topic. In most cases we are happy to leave this to your judgment, but we will step in if we feel you have gone too far. ...