Cjd223

[MOC] Hoth Shield Generators

Hello Eurobrickers! I am here to show off my first complete MOC, the shield generators on Hoth. The final model is a little above 1700 pieces, I have to modify the model slightly for stability purposes, and then I will know for sure.

Here is a good look at the Final Model:

22239454671_a2fa709e8e_z_d.jpg

The base is sturdily constructed and the generators fit on top quite nicely.

22042192559_c68e11468b_z_d.jpg

A look from the side:

21608037373_6fb3761ee4_z_d.jpg

And a final look from the other side:

21608035783_4c631cf32b_z_d.jpg

The model took about a month to design and build. I will make this MOC's files purchasable once I finish (and start) the instruction booklet. Once complete the instructions will come with the excel spreadsheet containing a parts list. The minifigs are not a part of the parts list for anyone wondering!

Overall it was a great experience to finally finish my first MOC. Now I just have to figure out how to finish my Invisible Hand Bridge MOC :wink: . That one is A LOT more pieces as the bridge is minifig scale and as exact as episode III will allow me to make it. Anyways, enough about that MOC, I hope you enjoy this!

This kind of reminds me generators from this creation by Oky. Are you sure you weren't inspired by that one? If you were, it would be nice to at least leave a note about that, especially since you talk about selling the instructions (which I don't think is worth the effort to be honest). Nevertheless, I quite like that display base, although I don't get why is is so thick (2 layers).

This kind of reminds me generators from this creation by Oky. Are you sure you weren't inspired by that one? If you were, it would be nice to at least leave a note about that, especially since you talk about selling the instructions (which I don't think is worth the effort to be honest). Nevertheless, I quite like that display base, although I don't get why is is so thick (2 layers).

Yes, I should have mentioned that I saw that. Had no idea it was on eurobricks, just saw a picture on google images. When I initially saw it, i had a lego model next to me (not saying which one) and my brain clicked and I thought of how to make the generators themselves.

As for the base, its so thick due to how the generators are made.

Edited by Cjd223

Yes, I should have mentioned that I saw that. Had no idea it was on eurobricks, just saw a picture on google images.

Doesn't really matter whether it was on eurobricks or not. It's kind of unwritten rule (or at least good manners) within lego builders to give credit to original creator, whenever the similarity of your models reaches certain level. You can still add it to your post and it will be alright.

By the way I'd guess that Grievous' speeder bike was that mysterious set? :D

Ya know, it's a great feeling when someone uses a certain piece you were thinking of for a certain use you had in mind. Here it's the Separatist Tank Droid discs... awesome build as well! I like the frame