Hello fellow Eurobrickers,

I would like to present my possible TC8 entry and WIP of a Liebherr LR 1300.

22178952735_c22156f855_c.jpg

Link to reference image (Way too large for eurobricks);

http://c-bceasncc.la....d6hxJTXEZS.jpg

Functions so far;

Motorized through a distribution gearbox,

5 winches

Slewing

Drive (hopefully through a subtractor)

Manual,

Cabin rotation from transport mode to operating mode.

Pneumatic cabin elevation.

On the to do list,

Complete opposite side and counterweight area.

Design main and rear booms, and luffing jib.

Build base and crawlers, while hopefully maintaining the ability to separate crawlers from chassis.

Build wheeled super-lift.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~John

P.S. Please excuse any typos/incorrect words, I am completely exhausted from work today.

Very very nice... First I though that you put a plate with microprocessors in your cabin... :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Looking good, you might actually be able to give Milan a run for his money in terms of looks.

Quite possibly a high order to fill, I gladly except! Thank you Saberwing.

You make me curious!

Curiosity from the master of detailed truck models is a good thing. I might have to build one of your trucks and a trailer for this thing when it is done. Thanks Ingmar.

Very very nice... First I though that you put a plate with microprocessors in your cabin... :D

Max...

Hahaha, I suppose it does kind of look like that. :-) Thanks Max.

More updates to come as the build progresses. Within the next few days, work permitting, I need to order parts for the booms, the other side of the crane, the counterweights and some misc dark grey bricks for the carrier and crawlers.

Nice!

Amazingly detailed! Will you make a single boom only or the full boom, mast jib configuration?

Thank you! The plan is to build the main boom, derrick, fly jib, and a wheeled super lift. All of which will be modular, so different boom lengths/configurations will be possible. I have yet to design the booms (or order the parts).

So the model will not be done in time for TC8, but I still plan on finishing it.

After analyzing photos of real LR1300 I discovered that it only has 3 winches in the carbody, my previous design had 5. So I came to the conclusion that I should redesign the internals to better reflect the real life crane. The other 2 winches that I will need will be in the boom foot and Derrick foot, so I have gear trains running to the attachment points to facilitate them. This is what I have so far;

22628605957_5945a4268f_c.jpg

I also have had the chance to redesign all of the drive trains to be more efficient and better braced. I am also trying to make the different sections modular.

Edit; Changed the photo and some text.

Edited by John Daniels

Looks good John. I did an Lr1300 before my Lr1600. Was my first real model from my return of building. Was a good learning curve for me. I don't know if you use these pdf from Liebherr page. Again they are full of handy info I found. http://www.liebherr....c/tab-6015_1503

Thank you, cheeze! I actually do have a few of those downloaded to IBooks, so I can quickly look at them while building. They are a great resource, it is just a shame that the images are locked: so there is no easy way to import them to Sariel's model scaler.

Ah I didn't use scaler. I just worked from the sizes on the page and scaled them down 1:27 in my case. 2x8 plates are perfect for 2m track pads at that size!

1447702509[/url]' post='2385569']

Ah I didn't use scaler. I just worked from the sizes on the page and scaled them down 1:27 in my case. 2x8 plates are perfect for 2m track pads at that size!

I haven't used it yet, but I would like to, so that I can get an idea of the dimensions I need for the rest of the crane. So far I have just eyeballed it. :) I might have to use a double row of large track links for my crane. I will have to wait and see. My next goal is to get the transmission together. It is proving difficult packing 8 functions and 5 driving rings inside of a 11x11x7 stud space! And to top it off 3 axles are one stud out of the 3x3 grid.

Edited by John Daniels

Better man than me then. I have 4 M motors in the lower half all running from sbrick. 2xl in the upper running winches 1/2 and 4 again sbrick with the other 2 channels heading for main boom foot winch and the rear mast foot winch. https://flic.kr/p/qR2ZJa

Edited by cheeze

That is definitely one way to do it. One of the first goals that I set for myself was having everything in the superstructure, with axles running through the the turntable for the tracks. And then the second one was to have it all run off of one motor. I am planning on making the gearbox removable, so that I can replace it with 8 motors for RC control, hopefully through a couple S-Bricks.

P.S. That is a beauty that you have there, the Mammoet color scheme really shines!

Edited by John Daniels

Progress has been good today.

23078903156_5e89c52c26_c.jpg

22712672329_d80321f864_c.jpg

22483782993_74624f0eb0_c.jpg

I almost have the distribution gearbox finished, all that I need is 6-7 more normal 16z gears, 1 more selector switch, and another driving ring extension (I could have sworn that I had another one). Other than that I reattached the body panels/doors which required a bit of rework on each door, to make them fit. As you can see doors 1&2 are incomplete, I am still working out how to make the insets on the doors work there.

Stats for the gearbox;

12x11x7 holes, not including selectors,

8 outputs,

5 driving rings,

5 of eight axles on a 3x3 grid,

3 axles on a 3x3 grid raised one stud above the other 5,

The option for either a subtractor or direct track control, to be decided once the carriage has been built,

Overall size of the superstructure; 30x12x8+ holes

Any feedback that you have is greatly appreciated,

John

P.S. I promise that I can take high quality well lit images. It is just too much of a hassle to pull out my (mediocre) lighting equipment.

Looking tidy and sturdy! That's the way I like LEGO mocs! This will be epic at the end! Please keep us posting...I follow with lots of interest!

For the carrier I would go for a direct track control as it will keep everything more compact. Also, this not being something like a tank, won't need to drive around a lot....so no need of a subtractor!

Great moc!!!

Wow!WOW! That gearbox is beautiful :wub::thumbup: My brain hurts just looking at all the gears :wacko: Can wait till this beast is done!