___

[MOC] #681501 Kozmik Tower Station

This is first MOC from my new LEGO Space pseudo subtheme called C.S.Neo - that is, basically as the name suggest, neo Classic Space build except I used that still considered new green CS minifig appointing that it is meant to be in the same line or kind of continuation of their Ideas set "Exosuite"...I hope you'll like it. :classic:

Click images for FullHD resolution...

681501_10.jpg

681501_1.jpg

681501_2.jpg

681501_3.jpg

681501_4.jpg

681501_5.jpg

681501_6.jpg

681501_7.jpg

681501_8.jpg

681501_9.jpg

Find out story plot behind this model and even more on set's official webpage:

http://lego.queryen....681501.php?j=en

You can see it also at MOC Pages here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/420528

LEGO Ideas direct link for those interested:

Edited by bublible

Nice mix of old and new aesthetics, I like it! I think the guard turrets could use a little more greebling, it's hard to see at a glance what they're supposed to do. Maybe a ball joint to articulate the loudspeaker/thruster piece?

edit: one of these pics makes me think of space dentists..

Edited by Space Police XVIII

Nice mix of old and new aesthetics, I like it! I think the guard turrets could use a little more greebling, it's hard to see at a glance what they're supposed to do. Maybe a ball joint to articulate the loudspeaker/thruster piece?

edit: one of these pics makes me think of space dentists..

Thanx...actually I wanted to stay as simplistic as possible just like Cs always was so tho I said they are "guarding turrets" they can be anything else trivial, it is I just needed to come up with some explanation as what it is. :laugh::grin:

Edited by bublible

Looks awesome!

Thank you...it looks like later today I will add one new smaller addition to this subtheme called "Caterpillar Spacecraft" (kind of modular spaceship with foldable tracks and wings with removable satellite in the front and two small flying mini drones at the end of each wing), just making renders. :sweet:

This is crazy. I was JUST thinking "Man, I'd love to see bublible render one of his awesome retro designs in classic space colors." And you just did. Way cool.

I love the classic lego space ...it remind me when I was a child! :classic:

This is crazy. I was JUST thinking "Man, I'd love to see bublible render one of his awesome retro designs in classic space colors." And you just did. Way cool.

Thank you both guys, appreciated! :classic:

@danth

Oh, my friend, I don't know how you do it but you always make me feel like Freddie Mercury (Queen) during his great LiveAid'85 performance at Wembley... :laugh::grin::thumbup:

Edited by bublible

Heh.

Also, looking at the front of your little transport ship: trans dark green and black look REALLY GOOD together!

Heh.

Also, looking at the front of your little transport ship: trans dark green and black look REALLY GOOD together!

Yea, I like that combi too + I am not sure but I guess I noticed it even as a child 30+ years ago as we were playing and building our own stuff with LEGO so basically I only renewed my recollections. :sweet:

Edited by bublible

Cool station. Looks a lot like an old CS set. One thing I don't get is how does anybody use the two computers outside the upper door? I guess there might be lower gravity and they can jump to use them.

Cool station. Looks a lot like an old CS set. One thing I don't get is how does anybody use the two computers outside the upper door? I guess there might be lower gravity and they can jump to use them.

Firstly: thank you :classic:

Secondly: just like I said a few minutes ago to some other user in my other MOC topic here http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=116000 ppl you are applying too much real life logic to some rather simple silly LEGO model - it is not interpretation of any real stuff, use your fantasy and imagination, do not let your brain interfere with unimportant things just like those old TLG design masters did! :wink:

So just to show you some of TLG own "nonsensical" designs that are actually absolutelly lovely, great and legendary:

6971 - why there are those two big 5x6 yellow window panes when everywhere around them is completelly opened space?

6951 - why there are those two reversed computers screen on both robot legs when even those astronauts in the vehicle not the small ship cannot operate them?

etc.

Simply what I am trying to say is: hey boys/girls enjoy that design itself and do not take it so seriously! :sweet:

Edited by bublible