Trainmaster247

Evil cats?

Thankfully this has never happend to me but a recurring thing that I see in most hobbies with something fragile or that moves is Cats (or any other pet for that matter) thinking it is a toy for them. I did not see something like this anywhere else and thought this to be the best place for it. If anyone has some funny stories or pictures put them here, I am sure everyone would get a good laugh out of it.

One time I was organizing my entire Lego collection, and I had it strewn across the floor of a small walk-in-cabinet sized room. I had to take a month long break, and when I came back, I found that my cat had decided that the room was actually his litter box. My entire Lego collection. was his litter box.

I still have a box of uncleaned Lego. This was years ago.

And the Lego never got organized after that either. The cleaning took up all my energy.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

My cat loves the rubber pieces. I remember she destroyed the blue Barraki. Recently though, she has enjoyed the long hose pieces as well. I take them away from her, and give her nice cat-toys, but she always ends up with another LEGO piece somehow.

I don't have a cat, but to prevent my dog from getting into anything there is a baby-gate on the door to the "Lego room" :wink:

Cats don't obey baby gates. Cats don't obey anyone or anything. Cats do whatever the ducks they want.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

My cat used a full Creator 1000 bricks tub as a litter box. That took a lot of washing. I don't think I would ever buy used LEGO. :classic:

BTW, there was similar topic in the past if you search. It's funny. :laugh:

I had gotten a cat a year ago, and I still have it, and one day I was trying to rebuild one of my older sets. I noticed a lot of my pieces that I had found were missing, and after looking around for 10 minutes, I found that my kitten had taken pieces and just put them in a pile. I guess cats like LEGO too.

Other than that, it just likes to watch me build.

I wonder how many train incidents there have been? They seem to really like HO scale (and other) trains.

Thankfully mine is content to sit in the door and watch it go in circles.

Gremer, that's hilarious! I know that mother cats often relocate their kittens to different hiding places, one at a time. Perhaps your kitten was playing "Mother Cat" to your LEGO and moving it in the same way?

I forgot to say this in my first post, but my cat will often just lay down on top of what I'm currently building. I guess she wants me to play with her instead of the LEGO at those times.