TK924

[MOD] 75052 Mos Eisley

I've thought about adding a second 75052 set to expand like this one which is basically two sets mirrored... http://imgur.com/gallery/mbgeN

But now I'm wondering if I should start with adding a couple of mini figs to my current set and save the space.

Maybe add Wuher? ... like this one.

16060379719_4565570e11_c.jpg

Does anyone have any idea as to the part list for a Wuher?

If possible, I'd also like to add a recognizable alien like Hammerhead.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

That looks pretty good actually. The head comes from a Lone Ranger goon named Barret and the body is an older Obi-Wan design.

The head comes from a Lone Ranger goon named Barret and the body is an older Obi-Wan design.

Thanks for the info! That's a good starting point.

I recently bricklinked this figure for myself and used these parts:

hair 99930 in dark brown

head 3626cpb0954

torso 973pb1584c01 (973pb0471c01 might look better)

legs 970c69pb12

I recently bricklinked this figure for myself and used these parts:

hair 99930 in dark brown

head 3626cpb0954

torso 973pb1584c01 (973pb0471c01 might look better)

legs 970c69pb12

Thank you! :classic:

Yeah, that Ithorian Jedi ("Rusty") looks a lot like Hasbro's depictions of Momaw Nadon from the Cantina, that it seems like Lego planned double-duty for him. Same with the protocol droid from the set, who looks like he'd drop into the Sandcrawler without much trouble at all.

The current CMF series has a Fly monster...take his head, put it on this old technician's body, swap in some black hands, and you'd have a pretty good Tzizvvt from the Cantina.

Yeah, that Ithorian Jedi ("Rusty") looks a lot like Hasbro's depictions of Momaw Nadon from the Cantina, that it seems like Lego planned double-duty for him. Same with the protocol droid from the set, who looks like he'd drop into the Sandcrawler without much trouble at all.

im convinced that's the reason those 2 figures were included in the scout fighter set- I'd never have bought it if I didn't need them for Mos Eisley scenes

The current CMF series has a Fly monster...take his head, put it on this old technician's body, swap in some black hands, and you'd have a pretty good Tzizvvt from the Cantina.

Someone also pointed out (I don't know in which thread) that the head from the CMF spectre is a brilliant Elis Helrot lookalike- I teamed it up with a Darth Maul torso - bingo!

22144165565_a685d3f0f3_n.jpgRuthlessandairtight.jpg

Edited by Richpepperell

I've thought about adding a second 75052 set to expand like this one which is basically two sets mirrored... http://imgur.com/gallery/mbgeN

But now I'm wondering if I should start with adding a couple of mini figs to my current set and save the space.

Maybe add Wuher? ... like this one.

*snip*

Does anyone have any idea as to the part list for a Wuher?

If possible, I'd also like to add a recognizable alien like Hammerhead.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you're in the uk, you could get the head plus a few more useful heads here http://www.ebay.co.u...tm/251729754766

Ps. This isn't my auction by the way!

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

If you're in the uk, you could get the head plus a few more useful heads here http://www.ebay.co.u...tm/251729754766

Ps. This isn't my auction by the way!

Thanks, but I'm in the US.

You mean this guy?

71010-6%20CMF%20S14%20Fly%20Monster-700x700.jpg

Edited by TK924

Yep, that's the one!

You can also use Bossk's torso & legs--again, swapping the hands--with any standard head & a basic white racing/space helmet with a black visor to make "Cantina Dude", and probably find some mix of torso & legs to use with the spare Bossk head to make one of the Saurins in the cantina, too...

im convinced that's the reason those 2 figures were included in the scout fighter set- I'd never have bought it if I didn't need them for Mos Eisley scenes

Someone also pointed out (I don't know in which thread) that the head from the CMF spectre is a brilliant Elis Helrot lookalike- I teamed it up with a Darth Maul torso - bingo!

22144165565_a685d3f0f3_n.jpgRuthlessandairtight.jpg

That looks pretty close. It'd be nice if his eyes were all black. Maybe color them in with a fine-tipped sharpie?

Great job on Elis Helrot and Tzizvvt, I will have to get hold of those. As time goes on we are getting more and more.

Here are a few that I have done based on characters in the movie:

ezAqJMA.jpg

You have also got the head of Cad Bane which can be used for the two Duros, Thi-Sen which is close enough to Muftak, and of course a couple of Jawas which are now getting cheaper since the advent calendar has been released.

You have also got the head of Cad Bane which can be used for the two Duros, Thi-Sen which is close enough to Muftak, and of course a couple of Jawas which are now getting cheaper since the advent calendar has been released.

First, awesome figures! They look great.

Second, the no-breathmask Cad Bane can be tough to find cheap (might be cheaper overall to get the whole figure rathe than just the head; the torso's useful enough to warrant it!)... however, the Battlefront-themed Rebels battle pack due in January has a Duros head in it, and should be a lot cheaper to acquire overall!

Next years rebble battle pack also contains a Rodian wich could also be mixed up with other parts. Also, the droid escape reportedly includes two Jawas as well as R2-D2 and C-3PO who I guess you could build a cupboard for them to hide in if you wanted.

Those are all great ideas. I'm looking forward to the possibilities.

I just picked up 3 extra Bith musicians as I have decided to expand my 75052 set with a second one. Just got to find one at a decent price. Just picked up a second 75052 for $24.

Edited by TK924

I just picked up 3 extra Bith musicians as I have decided to expand my 75052 set with a second one. Just got to find one at a decent price.

I have the same plan. I've got extra musicians, too and already bought a second cantina without the minifigs and dewback for 30 Euro.

I prefer Option #1 at this point as I really like the way this one has the cantina band displayed.

That looks indeed very nice.

I like the shape of the building which is shown in the "Partially open top"-picture from the second version.

It has four closed walls and seems to have a respectable size.

As in option #1 the band fits in the two arched areas on the right side and the the other three get replaced by

seeting booths. The hole in the middle could be filled with plates to have space for the other customers.

So I have finally put two sets together and here's the result. Very similar to what others have done, so I must give credit to those that posted their ideas.

Of course it's not completely done as I have to add some more aliens. All in good time.

22528441165_5ac965ac79_z.jpg

22514943582_d8db05b2ba_z.jpg

21907245633_261a810638_z.jpg

Serving up some drinks.

22539590671_6c1b677071_z.jpg

The expanded bar.

22528441025_1ae9acb478_z.jpg

The band.

22514943362_0e1ed06062_z.jpg

The lounge with jukebox.

22341609399_ca7cf54aba_z.jpg

Here's what I have in it thus far.

Set #1 - $32.00

Set #2 - $24.00 (no mini figs, landspeeder, dewback)

3 Bith musicians - $11.77

For a total of $67.77

I hope to add some more aliens at some point.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by TK924

So I have finally put two sets together and here's the result. Very similar to what others have done, so I must give credit to those that posted their ideas.

(snip)

Set #1 - $32.00

Set #2 - $24.00 (no mini figs, landspeeder, dewback)

3 Bith musicians - $11.77

For a total of $67.77

I hope to add some more aliens at some point.

Thanks everyone!

It looks awesome, but how did you pay so less for this set?

I was already happy I found a shop where I only had to pay 82 instead of 90 euro's.

It sounds like the shops in your regio want to throw their lego away?

Edit: Spelling control

Edited by Wout

It looks awesome, but how did you pay so less for this set?

I was already happy I found a shop where I only had to pay 82 instead of 90 euro's.

It sounds like the shops in your regio want to throw their lego away?

Edit: Spelling control

Set #1 - I purchased a complete 75052 from Jet.com when they had $15 off your first order plus I had a $5 credit there too. So $20 off that one.

Set #2 - I purchased the Cantina only from eBay for $24 (no mini figs, landspeeder or dewback.)

The 3 Bith musicians I aslo purchased from eBay.

Right place. Right time. I guess.

It might be in an UCS set, but the r2 unit in the Sandcrawler resembles one seen outside the canteen. If you have this set or can find the minifigure at a good price, it could be used to fill out the outside of the canteen.

I found a link for a character guide of the characters in the cantena. You can just look through it and see what you can make to fill out an expanded cantena. I hope this helps.

forums.thebothanspy.com/index.php?threads/mos-eisley-cantina-character-guide.17245/