Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

The Aestwäld Saga (6)

It was a cold night. A shadow glided over the courtyard of N'Ora. It was no more than a shadow, perceived from the eyecorner. It dodged guards like it dodged light.

21946836410_12abe545b3_h.jpg

When the shadow reached the stairs, it hesistated a moment. Then it took the way upward.

22122413022_3d79c23bdb_h.jpg

When it came to door at the top of the stairs, a single candle lighted human form for a few moments. Then the light decided it didn't want to have anything to do with the stranger, and seemed to twist around it.

21948087229_dfabe9c951_h.jpg

A tendril emerged from the darkness, and reached toward the door...

-------------------

The Mayor of N'Ora shivered and stretched his hand a bit further toward the warmth of the fire. It was a cold night, too cold for the time of the year. And like his grand-aunt, may she rest in peace, always said: "Cold nights, colder tidings." A wise women she was, his aunt.

21948063519_0ce006a4e4_h.jpg

He looked up. Was that a noise outside?

21513892353_899a3310ed_h.jpg

He decided it wasn't. And if it was, his guard would dispose of it. He had more important matters at hand. Only a couple of hours ago, he had received a message from his liege lord, Alric, saying that...

22134991805_0bf7ba07a9_h.jpg

He never saw the shadow coming, never saw the knife flashing.

21947123388_1e00830e40_h.jpg

While the wind howled outside, his inside went silent...

21948071849_e98543e5aa_h.jpg

---------------------------

Thanks to you all for following, and to SK6, who gave me the inspiration. I'm very very sorry for the picture quality, but quite proud of the MOC itself. Enjoy! Edit: thanks to Ska for changing the topic title!

Additional pics, figless:

21948076209_d5380b5a62_h.jpg

21946830390_5819bed7d6_h.jpg

22145139591_ecba33131a_h.jpg

And, since it would be a pity to only show the figless ones:

21947130928_1f1a0efece_h.jpg

21512174664_f72c933a52_h.jpg

22135004005_626cb60d28_h.jpg

Edited by TitusV

Very nice MOC! As you said yourself, the photo quality is pretty bad, but it still captures the beauty of the MOC and darkness of the story. Great work!

Nice work, TitusV!

The roof and stone walls look great! Better lighting and focus for the pictures would be nice.

One of your best builds yet. Great stone texturing, and roof design :thumbup: Plus the exterior staircase and balcony add some uniqueness to the layout.

Good interior and story line as well :classic:

I really like the look of that building! The roof is great (although the underside on the interior shot could use some work :wink: ) and the texturing of the wall is great too. Further, I really like how you have built the house into the cliffs.

On top of that, one wonders where this story will lead. It seems the enemy is more than just a group of disorganised raiders! :look:

Great work! This is a really nice build, Definitely one of my favorites from you! My only small critique is that the interior floor is plain compared to the walls, I think it would look better tiled, although I understand that that might not be possible, depending on how many tiles you have.

I have to agree with LD, certainly one of my favorite builds in this saga so far! Great job with the wall texturing and shape and with the rock-work, and I'm quite looking forward to more of this story! :thumbup: As for the pictures, you've got a few really good ones in there, particularly the second one and some of the figless pics, but I would advise trying to get a bit more light (preferably outdoors in some light shade) and to back up and zoom in when taking the closeups :wink: Excellent work with the build though, you're getting better with each one! :classic: