Front Update - still someway to go but things are taking shape! - Compromise made on the wheel arch which should be integrated with the opening bonnet, but this proved very difficult to achieve whilst also looking good.

20151208_222817_resize.jpg

Looking awesome so far :thumbup: Is there any way to get more detailed, high- quality photos?

The car is almost complete bar a few details and one slight modification so all going well I will be able to take some photos in the next week.

In the mean time, here is a very rough and ready video that shows the approach I took to designing the paddle shifters. Given the lack of space at this scale I decided that a kind of HOG mechanism for changing gear was the best way to go, the paddle shifters at the steering wheel which are virtually impossible to get to anyway are therefore aesthetic.

In the final solution the HOG shifters are blended with the top of the dash, and elasticated so that they spring back.

https://vimeo.com/153777673

There is no doubt you won´t disappoint us. TLC should hire you to finish the Porsche :grin: .

Edited by brunojj1

are you gonna realease instructions, or more pictures for us other people to build it? I would love to have a model that size sitting on my kitchen table.

It looks absolutely perfect i think and i love the simpleness but effectiveness of the paddles, less is more. Top notch moc :thumbup:

indeed top notch :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: - would simply raise to nr. 1 of my to supercar MOC build list if there would BI availble...

The car is finished now, but the CAD is at a very early stage and I am not that fast in Mlcad!!!

Must surely be destined for the Hall of Fame.

Edited by grum64

Simply stunning.

Easily in the top 2 on my best MOC's list - you beat Sariel in this (I think of him like a god).

The car is finished now, but the CAD is at a very early stage and I am not that fast in Mlcad!!!

so, does that mean that there is going to be instructions? or more pictures?

You might give a try building in LDCad instead :wink: