Sign in to follow this  
Logan McOwen

Hubble Telescope spots... Spherus Magna?

I swear I thought this was going to be the Hubble image of Ceres...

Funny coincidence though, TLG must have some decent observation equipment.

They also released a version that is focused to the galaxy for education purposes.

ieNUGQw.png

Looks almost too much like it, don't you think?

That second picture is almost literally the same as Spherus Magna. Spectacular.

Because I edited it.

I believe many of us have had the thoughts that the fantasy worlds would exist in the distant universe, at least I have. Universe is almost endless and ever expanding anyways so a possibility for biomechanic race is not out of the question.

If you've got advanced technology, and your psychological tendencies are similar to those of humans, you're almost inevitably going to upgrade yourself to cyborg status at some point. Being able to use the more direct functions offered by technology along with the more complex interweaving systems of biology has nothing to do with it; awesomeness alone would probably convince most people. Also, that is one awesome picture.

Because I edited it.

I believe many of us have had the thoughts that the fantasy worlds would exist in the distant universe, at least I have. Universe is almost endless and ever expanding anyways so a possibility for biomechanic race is not out of the question.

Oh, I thought it was official, as you said that "They also released a version that is focused to the galaxy for education purposes." By "they," I thought you meant NASA.

TBH I think it's disrespectful to change the name of something, named after the guy who discovered it nearly a century ago, just to accommodate the whims of a somewhat-obscure fan base.

But it's the Bionicle fanbase, depending on which part it is they may be entitled to it because, you know, it's Bionicle.

Sarcasm, by the way.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

TBH I think it's disrespectful to change the name of something, named after the guy who discovered it nearly a century ago, just to accommodate the whims of a somewhat-obscure fan base.

That's not what they are asking. This system does not even have a name, and the name they suggest is as good as any.