Ikonhero

[MOC] (WIP) Smugglers 3 spaceship "Fang"

Hi there LEGO fans!

I used to play some game a while ago called Smugglers 3. It's a really cool turn-based space simulation with some cool spaceships as well as a great atmosphere.

I was thinking of building my favorite spaceship out of LEGO. It's called "Fang":

Fang.jpg

This is the original image I'm working from. As you can see it's rather low-res.

I am builing a model in LDD at the moment (it's far from finished at the moment, just a rough sketch of the main shape):

Fang_2_034.png

I would love to hear your reactions, as well as tips on how I can improve this design. At the moment my main concern is the wall-design. It's going to be rather smooth overall, but apart from that the original image seems to show many very small windows or lights on the ships walls, which I tried to mimick using 1x1 transparent plates on the nose here.

So what do you guys think of this first wall design:

Fang_2_031nose_r1.png

At first I went with nothing but plates in between the lights, but that looked a bit weird in conjuncture with the large slopes. So I replaced some with bricks. But maybe all looks a bit too random?

Any comments / advice are welcome!

Thanks!!!

Anoter quick render of a detail (engine):

Fang_2_039_detail.png

First part of the real model is finished:

IMG_5713.jpg

IMG_5715.jpg

Edited by Ikonhero

Update: added 2 images of the first section of the real model :classic: . So what do you think? Personally I'm not 100% sure about the dark grey parts.

Edited by Ikonhero