Sign in to follow this  
blackdeathgr

PTV 2015 Large: Judgement Day

Hi guys,

Here is my entry at PTV 2015 Large division. Judgement Day. Because after all, all this pillaging and stealing has a sure end!

Historically only 5% got away with pirate life. So that leaves us with 95% hanged pirates. Even small children working at pirates sloops didn't make it. There is also one record with a hanged pirate that was caught after serving only a couple of days in a pirate ship. Talking about bad luck!

I tried to include every pirate drama in this MOC. Anger (angry mob), Satisfaction (governor), Love (lieutenant with governor's daughter), Fear (pirates ready to be hanged), Hope or Revenge (pirates ready to storm the execution). Thanks for watching and wish you all luck.

UPDATE! (gory version)

It turned out that the bluecoats had it coming! The rioters were nothing but a bunch of fellow pirates! And of course they couldn't stand still while fellow pirates were about to be hanged...

22337883496_b68df65f82_c.jpgjudgement day riot C by Spy Tha, on Flickr

22175890650_5cfe15c048_c.jpgjudgement day riot B by Spy Tha, on Flickr

22176158878_05a32c1e7b_c.jpgjudgement day riot D by Spy Tha, on Flickr

22176134168_97cb4cc12b_c.jpgjudgement day riot A by Spy Tha, on Flickr

22374587121_bdc43c93a6_c.jpgjudgement day riot E by Spy Tha, on Flickr

As always, good luck to all the participants!

Edited by Phred

Nice scene. I love all the minifigs' posing and their emotions.

Thanks. Although cant be seen really well, i tried every minifig show their true feelings :-)

I like your short story full of various emotions and details. What is the creation standing on? - I can see reflection as if in grey water. Is it by chance or done on purpose? is it a glass table top?

I like your short story full of various emotions and details. What is the creation standing on? - I can see reflection as if in grey water. Is it by chance or done on purpose? is it a glass table top?

Hehehe, yes. It is a glass tabletop that i have in my balcony. But upon placing the moc there it also seemed to me like a calm sea surface. It happened accidentally though since i took the moc out to find more light for the shooting.

Fine - the scene really has a bit of everything.

And a monkey is included. pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks! No monkey, no party guys :-)

I am not sure what you changed from the earlier version but I like the action in this MOC a lot...

Thanks! See flickr. It had "less" violent. It was supposed to be a peaceful hanging :P

Edited by blackdeathgr

Oh, dang... Now I can't change my entry the way I wanted it x) It'll just look as if I copied your ideas. Nice mayhem though :)

Hehehe, I thought you changed it with the impressive cannibal chef and his kitchen :) Basically i changed mine upon seeing Paddybricksplitter's entry (which is among the best MOCs at this year's PTV contest), that made me completely understood the true meaning of PTV :P So here it is, mayhem at its fullest :)

Edited by blackdeathgr

I liked the first one better :P

Nah, only joking, this is much more gory. I did like the first version too, especially the pirates that where waiting to attack behind the wall. The calm before the storm.

It would be cool to see the different versions together, like a before and after.

Very good entry, I like it. It also would love to see the old version beside the new.

For Paddy and Matthias, i am glad you both liked it as i value any great mocer's opinion. After the contest i might make a topic depicting both scenes to be viewed as a whole.

Action packed and out for blood, I like it. But who was throwing all the bananas and why? pirate_classic.gif

Thanks Mengish!

Action packed and out for blood, I like it. But who was throwing all the bananas and why? pirate_classic.gif

Thanks for your kind words! Bananas and other food stuff (like fish or chicken legs) were a ruse for the disguise of pirate mob as an angry civilian pirate-hating mob :-p Or was the monkey throwing them instead of pooh? Hehehe

Nice riot scene! The gallows are particularly well done!

My one critique would be that it seems a little plain. Maybe next time you could try adding some diversity to the ground with more plates and some studs. And add some "greeble" to the walls with brick pieces or cylinders or some other fun bits. And perhaps a healthy helping of tiles here and there. :sweet: just a minor critique. It looks quite nice as is and has that system Lego charm.

~Insectoid Aristocrat