Rick

10251 Brick Bank

I got a Star wars freebie as well. Admiral Yularen ... whoever that is? Most welcome mini figure all the same!

Thats cool, i just thought that the next knights starter pack would also come for free with your order since its listed on the calendar until the 10th.

I got a Yularen as well with my order yesterday. Fun coincidence, as I started watching Clone Wars the day before. I'll probably make him a passenger in my Tydirum shuttle.

Interesting, maybe they ran out of the next knights starter pack.

Edited by BrickFit26

Is anyone else planning on modding this to have corner entry like the previous corner buildings?

That's my vision...and I've bought two sets.

The laundromat will become a 16 wide standalone.

This will be my first time tinkering like this. I may build straight away first to get an idea of what parts I'm working with, but as of now have no real plan.

Excited tho!

When I get around to building mine I'm doing to build it "stock" first, then buy a second set to make it bigger. A 16 wide laundry is also going to happen. As far as a corner entrance, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Is anyone else planning on modding this to have corner entry like the previous corner buildings?

That's my vision...and I've bought two sets.

The laundromat will become a 16 wide standalone.

This will be my first time tinkering like this. I may build straight away first to get an idea of what parts I'm working with, but as of now have no real plan.

Excited tho!

Corner entry sounds cool. I'd like to see how it looks when you finish.

Hey Redtrooper, i also built one Original set, although i'm already mirror-building it....i hope i can fit in two windows on each side of the main entrance.. the side will be the same as it is now, because that part is hardly visible in my layout.. I'm looking forward to all those different XL-versions, made of two sets.. as far is i read, there are already a handfull of different versions... great!!

I got a Star wars freebie as well. Admiral Yularen ... whoever that is? Most welcome mini figure all the same!

Interesting...

Our set arrived yesterday, and we got bugger all as a freebie.

I've never felt the need to expand a modular so much! I'm tempted to keep the building footprint and use a second set to add another floor after removing the Laundromat. I'm not sure whether I should have arches on the first floor, though...

Finished my full corner mod of the Bank. Once I have funds for legos again i plan to buy one more set and expand the side with out the doors onto another 16x32 plate and add a ATM area. as i am not super happy with the end of the non door side, all though i have a bank in my home town that looks quite a bit like this bank. The laundromat is still being built....

24128548792_067642e00e_z.jpgIMG_20160107_121244 by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

23868789759_b3251feb7a_z.jpgIMG_20160107_121322 by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

Finished my full corner mod of the Bank. Once I have funds for legos again i plan to buy one more set and expand the side with out the doors onto another 16x32 plate and add a ATM area. as i am not super happy with the end of the non door side, all though i have a bank in my home town that looks quite a bit like this bank. The laundromat is still being built....

It looks good as far is i can see..the picture is a bit dark. The end of the 'non door side' might be better looking in another way, but i have no idea yet of how you could do that! But it is for sure that this set looks better when it is bigger! Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily!

@Legosjaak, can´t wait for your XLversion of the BB! ;) Still waiting for mine to arrive my mail...

Really cool! How does the inside of the expanded laundry mat look?

I was wondering that too! I know that when I make a modular bigger the inside gets done absolutely last. I have an XL GE that thought the outside is done, I've barely started the inside :(

My Brick Bank arrived today (lucky coincidence that I was working from home and could receieve it!). I have a feeling it will be too high if I add an extra floor (even without the arches). It would be significantly higher than Town Hall (not considering the clock tower). I'll start with building the original model and then we'll see what to do next, if anything.

Oh yeah, I also got Admiral Yularen instead of a Nexo Knights starter set. Not that I complain, I have saved a seat for him in my Death Star :).

Edited by bjorn77

I've built mine (as per instructions to start with) and feel it does not really work when placed next to the other modulars.

The architectural details seem like they should be on an imposing building, but the scale seems wrong for the build style & it just looks unimpressive - particularly the side with the Laundrette on it.

I do like the Brick Bank, but of the 5 modulars currently available, this is the first one I feel must be modded, rather than seeing it as optional.

Now just have to wait to get a second set.

I got some Star wars guy with my order too, but as I'm always hoping for more minifigures with hair rather than hats I was happy enough.

Finished my full corner mod of the Bank.

Finished the Laundromat.

Both of these look really good. I presume that you bought two Brick Banks.

For reference, did you need to use any "outside" parts or pieces to complete either building, or were you able to build both of them using only the parts and pieces included with two Brick Banks?

I think it looks a lot better in the mods with the bank occupying the corner and having the laundromat right next door in its own building. While listening to the designer video, as part of the the storyline, Jamie explains that the original bank expanded upstairs, which would explain why there are two different architectural styles on the outside.

Another thing I have noticed recently is that the bank and perhaps the DO (have not yet purchased) is they are less "stand alone" than some of the others. Parisian Restaurant is great when viewed from any angle. Even the sides and the back have some details like the outside seating and the dumpster. When you look at the two facades on the bank that are not the front or the side with the laundromat, they are not very attractive. Of course, the layering of colors are given over for the sake of interior details. This means you would feel compelled to display the bank from the front/side only or make sure you have other modulars to attach to the more unsightly sides. PR would not work to the left of the bank entrance, because you would still have the non-detailed side exposed.

I may yet buy another one later in the year to do a mod just as these fine examples have provided. The only regret there is that the baseplate in the set is a single 32x32 rather than 2 32x16's, which means you have to look elsewhere for a plate if you are trying to build the laundromat as a separate structure.

Both of these look really good. I presume that you bought two Brick Banks.

For reference, did you need to use any "outside" parts or pieces to complete either building, or were you able to build both of them using only the parts and pieces included with two Brick Banks?

Yes i ended up using about 80 piece extra from my lego bins, If i had made the laundromat not as deep and not cared about mismatched colored walls i i could have done it just the two sets i bought,

here is the front area of the laundromat insides. The back room is waiting for inspiration to strike and the top floor is now waiting on a bricklink order..

23957664220_382a29a168_z.jpglaundromat inside by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

23625029374_d8238b5ba6_z.jpgwork in progress by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

Build the first two sets of bags today and it is a great set. However: I've noticed that every tile (including) the shield parts have very visible spots where (I guess) the molding starts. Never had this before. Anyone else experiences this?