Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Do new bricks ever get introduced in a modular set? I don't think so but could be wrong.

My guess is that these new bricks will be in more sets released during 2016. The Brick Bank also contains the new Nexo Knight Shield Tile thingy. Making it the first official set revealed using that part.

My guess is that these new bricks will be in more sets released during 2016. The Brick Bank also contains the new Nexo Knight Shield Tile thingy. Making it the first official set revealed using that part.

Technically speaking the actual Nexo Knights sets were revealed a few days earlies, at New York Comic Con. But I get what you're saying.

Hasn't there been some new colors for older parts been used? I might be mixing up things..haha...I am getting old!

Hasn't there been some new colors for older parts been used? I might be mixing up things..haha...I am getting old!

Sure. It happens. Like the DBG Unikitty tail in Detective's Office.

Edited by o0ger

ah...the release of designer's video of this year seems relatively late.....can't believe that we still have seen it.

ah...the release of designer's video of this year seems relatively late.....can't believe that we still have seen it.

It would make sense to show the videos:

• Closer to the actual release date of the product so it's more fresh in the consumer's mind.
  • After the US' post-thanksgiving period so to not affect those sales.

Edited by badbob001

It would not be two bricks high. It would be 5 plates high.

Exactly:

... would equal to something less than 2 high

5 plates high < 2 bricks high.

And: 5 plates high = 2 studs wide. Which was my thoughts about the clock. That width needed to place the (2)1x2 rail plates flush with one another as the face, thus allowing for the 2x2 area of SNOT to attach the round clock tile.

The new piece you imaged, would now allow one to tile with consistency upon a wall, (just as those bullion bars are used here in the Brick Brank), without concern for those odd spaces between tiles that we now contend with when attaching a number of tiles in a SNOT fashion to a vertical surface. Right?

Edit: The clock is built like this: https://dl.dropboxus..._Bank_Clock.lxf

Sorry, my system won't open your lxf file. But, I'm curious to know.

Edited by notaromantic

Yes, that's right Notaromantic.

Sorry, my system won't open your lxf file. But, I'm curious to know.

It's an LDD file. Don't you use LDD?! How can you live without it? ;)

Ok, I'll try to make an image for you instead.

It's an LDD file. Don't you use LDD?! How can you live without it? ;)

Well, I'm a renaissance-man, or so I've been told. Its all hands on, one step at a time, no net....

Actually, I've been contemplating LDD for some time, but what I fear is spending too much time building digitally what I could never afford to build in person; so, the thought of living without it, while concentrating upon a few intimate and ever-growing builds, something I can touch, one step at a time, I really don't mind at all if I never move too forward. Plus, I really don't want for the plethora of my creative fruits to exist in file formats only.

Maybe I should take up actual masonry. Olmec heads, maybe. To construct things that cannot be so easily misplaced, or deconstructed... or that require a certain technology to access them. I have old Paint program files, on floppies somewhere, that I know I'll probably never see again. Should've just painted for real. So you see, my dilemma.

I'm the one guy left in the world still looking for a public pay-phone. And, let me tell you, there are none to found out there. One day, they were just gone. That's the dark side of a renaissance, man.

So, the wait is killing me. Post an image, or tell me how you managed to build the clock with existing parts. There's not much room between the faces and the bars on the sides...

Well, I'm a renaissance-man, or so I've been told. Its all hands on, one step at a time, no net....

Actually, I've been contemplating LDD for some time, but what I fear is spending too much time building digitally what I could never afford to build in person; so, the thought of living without it, while concentrating upon a few intimate and ever-growing builds, something I can touch, one step at a time, I really don't mind at all if I never move too forward. Plus, I really don't want for the plethora of my creative fruits to exist in file formats only.

Maybe I should take up actual masonry. Olmec heads, maybe. To construct things that cannot be so easily misplaced, or deconstructed... or that require a certain technology to access them. I have old Paint program files, on floppies somewhere, that I know I'll probably never see again. Should've just painted for real. So you see, my dilemma.

I'm the one guy left in the world still looking for a public pay-phone. And, let me tell you, there are none to found out there. One day, they were just gone. That's the dark side of a renaissance, man.

So, the wait is killing me. Post an image, or tell me how you managed to build the clock with existing parts. There's not much room between the faces and the bars on the sides...

I hear you, man :)

Brick_Bank_Clock.png

Doesn't the Chima Icebite mech already use a technique that will do this?

I don't know what you mean. I can't see how Icebite's Claw Driller can solve this? I don't think you realize how difficult it is to SNOT that corner within LEGO's building guidelines.

it seems that TLG has decided not to make the Designer's video for January 2016's sets......this one and GBHQ..... :wacko:

Personally, i never watch designer-videos....i'd rather be surprised by how the set looks like when i open the box.....so for me it is no big deal when TLG leaves the videos out...

Personally, i never watch designer-videos....i'd rather be surprised by how the set looks like when i open the box.....so for me it is no big deal when TLG leaves the videos out...

Same here! My wife's even worse: She just wants to look at one overall picture of the set, based on which she decides weather she likes it or not. For the details: "Surprise me when I open the box!". Love that.

I do look at some pictures of the new set, but i try not to see all details.. the surprising effect whilst building it, makes the built twice as much fun! So far i wasn't surprised unpleasantly.... :sweet:. I'm not interested in the parts that are used so there is also no need to havea look at the details.....

Man,i really would love to buy that Building.I mean 150 Euros is a lot of Money for me,this equals more or less what i spend one Month on many small Sets,Pick a Brick Orders and Stuff i find at the local Lego buy and sell Shop.

Maybe,just in case i will lay aside some Money to buy it in February or so.

One Thing that`s always wondering me:Why have these expensive Modular Buildings Minifigs with rather simple Faces?They look like the classic 70`s / 80`s smiling Minifig.

Has it something to do that the Modular Buildings belong to the "Creator" Category rather than the "City" Category?

Why have these expensive Modular Buildings Minifigs with rather simple Faces? They look like the classic 70`s / 80`s smiling Minifig.

Has it something to do that the Modular Buildings belong to the "Creator" Category rather than the "City" Category?

Yes

I think so, the modulars are clearly more targeted at adults while City is just for playability.

At least you are in Germany, you can save almost 20 euros on that set compared to your neighboring countries. For some reason I like the original smiley faces. They are probably one of the rules of the Creator theme which also uses brick built animals (with exceptions) I assume it's to soften mostly parents and nostalgic people who go on about how "In my time you had only blocks to build and how the new generation of LEGO isn't as creative, blah, blah, blah... So they need to flash 3in1 in their faces on the box so they know you really can build other things with the set. I find those people ignorant and preconceived, but they make a large market audience, so they need to be catered to.

It's a great set, but the building des not look very big... I like the Pink flowers :) and details on the bank's facade. Flowers add colors. But actually, the bank lacks color

It's a great set, but the building des not look very big... I like the Pink flowers :) and details on the bank's facade. Flowers add colors. But actually, the bank lacks color

Here's what the new SNOT element that holds the Corner Bricks looks like.

https://www.flickr.c...ego-bill/5N4863

Thank you so much for stealing the picture (in low resolution) from my Flickr stream (link in my signature). What a nice guy you are!

Edited by L@go