Rick

10251 Brick Bank

The time period must be around the mid to late 1930's, so the espresso machine and coin counter must have been delivered by the good Doctor ? :laugh:

Hey, that would be awesome to see the Tardis parked out the front of the bank ! :grin:

The time period must be around the mid to late 1930's, so the espresso machine and coin counter must have been delivered by the good Doctor ? :laugh:

Hey, that would be awesome to see the Tardis parked out the front of the bank ! :grin:

It can't be 1930's - it would be more like 1950's taking into the laundromat with automatic washing machines ;)

There are always going to be anomalies, but then these aren't historical documents; also, it's easy enough to remove components if you want a certain amount of authenticity. With the bank, when did security glass start to be used rather than bars? People weren't really even looking into non-military applications until after WWII, were they?

It can't be 1930's - it would be more like 1950's taking into the laundromat with automatic washing machines ;)

Maybe it's 1958 ?

There's no reasons the buildings can't be in the classic style but with modern conveniences. It could be an "historic district" where the outside of the buildings really can't be changed much, by law, but you are free to use computers, coffee makers, or whatever you want on the inside.

There's no reasons the buildings can't be in the classic style but with modern conveniences. It could be an "historic district" where the outside of the buildings really can't be changed much, by law, but you are free to use computers, coffee makers, or whatever you want on the inside.

You are so correct 'BirdOPrey5', the only limit is our own imagination right ? :wink:

Not much has been said about the minifigs in this set. Not that Im complaining or anything, I thought there might have been a worker in the Laundromat, a Dot Cotton type of worker? So I guess its just a self service place or are we to assume it is the parent of the little girl who wins a prize at the Bank, who is the Laundromat worker?

In Poland it will be cheaper than the PS, DO and PR :laugh:

Edited by Vodnik

I have a completely made up theory as to why we haven't seen the designer video. The columns in the set were originally tan like in a couple of the pics. This was still the case when the video was filmed. Then when they realised how much better white looked they changed the official set design. So now we're either waiting on a new video to be made or we won't get one. I think the Kingdoms joust set was the last time a shop at home exclusive didn't get a video.

sWRi8H0.png

Hey, is this the first time the LEGO currency is called by its name "studs"?? And there seems to be a symbol for it as well! I know studs are currency in the video games, but I can't remember ever seeing studs being a currency in the actual sets! It normally says just an ambiguous number, without a symbol or form of currency attached!

I'm actually kinda excited about this! Just a little piece of LEGO lore to add :pir-laugh:

(or maybe I'm just an idiot that hasn't been paying attention)

Edited by Bennemans

Hey, is this the first time the LEGO currency is called by its name "studs"?? And there seems to be a symbol for it as well! I know studs are currency in the video games, but I can't remember ever seeing studs being a currency in the actual sets! It normally says just an ambiguous number, without a symbol or form of currency attached!

I'm actually kinda excited about this! Just a little piece of LEGO lore to add :pir-laugh:

Since the coin piece has been discontinued, money is now represented by tiles and studs. But it's still a nice detail.

Since the coin piece has been discontinued, money is now represented by tiles and studs. But it's still a nice detail.

…. there are coin pieces in this set, sooooo 'discontinued' might not be the word you're looking for.

I know money is represented by studs, I'm asking if this is the first time the money is actually called 'Studs' outside the video games, as in; there is the actual word 'Studs' on the check, and a symbol. I've never seen that before.

Could the typewriter be a laptop instead?

No, it has a envelope being typed on but I must say the simplest Lego piece of office equipment ever. :wink:

OMG, no one has picked it yet.......there is a statue in the bank managers office and has anyone ever heard of the film 'The Maltese Falcon'.......so our friendly bunch of modular designers are fans of classic 1940's movies eh ? :laugh:

That's what I was thinking, lightningtiger. In fact, I picked up that very bird in a recent Bricklink order to use as the Maltese Falcon in Ace Brickman's office!

…. there are coin pieces in this set, sooooo 'discontinued' might not be the word you're looking for.

I know money is represented by studs, I'm asking if this is the first time the money is actually called 'Studs' outside the video games, as in; there is the actual word 'Studs' on the check, and a symbol. I've never seen that before.

Oh, how did I miss that? It is interesting, though. Studs are merely a brick feature or a 1x1 round plate, so to call the currency "studs" as in the TT games is indeed odd. What about the "100" bills? Are they called tiles?

I wish it was €169, because in Finland it's €179. For some reason Lego has quite big price differences in different euro countries.

In the Netherlands its standard around 10-20% more expensive than other countries like Germany. Lucky enough there are plenty of Dutch webshops and also Belgium/German webshops which don't charge shipping costs with more fair prices.

The situation here is that in the every (small) village there is atleast one toy shop. Those many shops have to be funded somehow together with the employees.

Since the Dutch shops are mainly owned by one cartel (Blokker) you can softly say that Lego made some kind of price fixing with the mayor Dutch shops. (or that Blokker did so, since they own the main supply chain)

There's no real competition between shop brands so the market is pretty stable. One of the main sources to support this, is the fact that Dutch Lego catalogs don't have any kind of pricing in it. (While for instance German catalogs do have them) The weird thing is, nearly every Lego set price is the same in all those different toy shops....

The weird price fixing in the Netherlands has also became a point of discussion when the 'Consumentenbond' (Eng: Consumers Association) discovered that many toy shops simply cheat with their prices. (For instance it's very common that the suggested retail price is being abused to trick people into thinking that a set is discounted.)

Dutch readers can read some more about it here:

https://forum.www.ra...pic.php?t=15839 (the last post is very interesting!)

http://www.budgetgam...d=15&start=1388 (assumptions by some forum people about the monopoly position of Blokker)

http://www.consument...ngen-speelgoed/ (first research done about the toy market with the questionable pricing)

http://www.consument...epaanbiedingen/ (second research, with some nearly shocking details)

Looks amazing. Would love to get this to upgrade the museum break-in set. But if they're laundering money out the back... maybe they're already the bad guys?

Well, here in the land of Lego it costs DKK 1399,- being equal to € 186,50. Now explain that! But I'm getting it anyway :laugh:

Well, here in the land of Lego it costs DKK 1399,- being equal to € 186,50. Now explain that! But I'm getting it anyway :laugh:

That's quite shocking, that there isn't some kind of Danish Lego discount or something... xD

Maybe you can buy it via Amazon or another German toy shop website, Modulars are usually 130-150 Euro's there :wink:

This sounds like a cool set. The bank manager and lady are robbing the bank? This kind of reminds me of the detective's office story. :laugh:

The manager (black hair) isn't a robber. The other man and the camerawoman are the literal money launderers. The manager and the teller and the Junior Officer have to be the good guys.

I still like that the teller has that short hair. It's nice to see LEGO's females looking more diverse.

In LEGO City Undercover, the Studs system of currency was used(although I'm not sure if the characters ever called it as such), and LCU is canon, so it's not the first time Studs have appeared in a City setting, but it may very well be the first time they were ever called as such.

It has a very Clutch Powers-esque air to it; I rather like it. :classic::thumbup: It's a bit reminiscent of Legend of Hype's Plastiks.

Wow I'm loving this polybag. I need more statue minifigs, plus gold frogs and a yellow bike. Its great how they include female hair and a flag so you can configure the statue differently.

I actually didn't notice the hair, and thought the flag was for the woman who is a tour guide and uses it so her group can see her ...