Rick

10251 Brick Bank

I'm very impressed with this modular, and can't believe this will be my fourth corner!

Just glad I was there right from the beginning, the 128x128 stud block will be a very impressive display!

Maybe we will get VIP early accesses?

What I want to know is what people will do with the courtyard formed by a complete block. Since it would only be accessible through the buildings' back doors and the plates are all different colors, it would be interesting to see what it looks like.

What I want to know is what people will do with the courtyard formed by a complete block. Since it would only be accessible through the buildings' back doors and the plates are all different colors, it would be interesting to see what it looks like.

One might build rear houses inside that courtyard. However, I don't think a full block is feasible for display for most of us - most display their buildings on shelves or in cabinets.

Was just looking through the lego.ie shop trying tomdecide whatll i buy for double pionts

Anyway came across the Brick Bank and it looks very Tan in the lego official picture

That's definitely something I've been thinking about. My park area currently has 10228 Haunted House as a part of it& would be a travesty to hide it in the middle of all the Modulars, so I'd have to replace it with something. The 31010 Creator Tree House would be a neat replacement.

I really don't understand the building size being a negative to people. The parts count is up there with most of the others, so it's not like with the smaller building we are getting less for the money, it's just going into details instead. P,us, we need noticeable height difference in these buildings. It makes it feel more realistic.

I wonder what the accompanying polybag would be. Guess I'll have to purchase it from Shop@Home to get it

I'm guessing it's this, based upon the classic-style head of the female minifig:

cfhfh.jpg

I feel that IMO, the only thing missing from this set is a Bank money transfer Van, so would like to see one as a give away, like the flower cart polybag was linked to the DO, but in the same vane as the Xmas give away from 2013, the Christmas Tree Truck (40083) so more a box than a poly with a money transfer minifig!

I think the park is a bad tie-in to the Bank, if that's what it is. The fountain/bench don't go anywhere (perhaps in the courtyard) and nothing connects it to the Bank at all. I do like the crystals and golden frogs, though.

With all this crime in the city, I expect the next set to be an art museum!

The only mods I would do would be trying to ''modernize'' it. First I would Bricklink the City Bank vertical sign from 3661, and I would probably also add an ATM.

You read my mind! It's a great design to add to and modernise.

It would be easy to modify to take an ATM, but for sure this modular is just like the DO set in the past.....somewhere in and between the 1930's and 1950's.

Note the typewriter on the desk, though correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Town Hall have a computer in it ?

So the modular line took a new route starting at the PC and PR - this 30's-50's time line ?

So now it's listed on the lego shop online. But where is the official video? Shouldn't that be released by now? Anyway hopefully soon, can't wait.

It would be easy to modify to take an ATM, but for sure this modular is just like the DO set in the past.....somewhere in and between the 1930's and 1950's.

Note the typewriter on the desk, though correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Town Hall have a computer in it ?

So the modular line took a new route starting at the PC and PR - this 30's-50's time line ?

I don't mind. :laugh: Hopefully the next one after Brick Bank will be a roaring twenties hotel, if the Ghostbusters rumor proves false.

Set is €149 in germany and €169 in Holland! Now how is that fair? Am I paying for the cheaper German prices? How appropriate that it is a bank. Way overprized!

Edited by merman

I don't mind. :laugh: Hopefully the next one after Brick Bank will be a roaring twenties hotel, if the Ghostbusters rumor proves false.

I believe that belongs in the rumour thread. Although, I have to agree that would be brilliant. Would give all the minifigs some more places to live.

If I had the money, I would get this set. It looks really neat.

Also, is that big check thing that one of the figures is holding in the box art a new piece? If so, that's really cool.

Same price as the DO and most other modulars in New Zealand: $299.99

Can't wait for January 1st!

Ouch, at least us Aussie's only have to pay 249.99 for the BB. :wink:

I can't believe so many people like this- to me it's the ugliest looking modular not counting Market Street. The colors look awful, nothing flows together. It's shorter than the DO. It doesn't seem to say "Bank" anywhere- not even on the printed windows. The DO was small but at least I thought it looked good. I don't understand where my sense of design began to differ so much with the rest of the community.

I agree.

Well, as you know, you can't argue about tastes. But it's simple: don't like it, don't buy it. Or buy it and modify it yourself.

My first impression (with the leaked oversaturated / tan walls picture) was very negative, looked like a bad MOC to me. But when I saw the official pics, I found the building very nice. As I said in an earlier post, I don't think it's groundbreaking, but looks good to me. Enough to buy it.

I like it...with more than one second floor. This building needed three stories, even at the cost of decoration. Only having two stories makes it look flat. And yes, I know I'm in the tiny minority that don't burn money for firewood, but I can't afford another $170 for a second copy. :hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

*No, BL/PAB aren't an option. Long story.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

In regards to the time-frame of the set, the coffee machine behind the desk looks like an espresso machine. Not sure when those started to come into common use.

It's accessible through the pathways in Market Street, Green Grocer, and the Detective's Office, isn't it?

Could just be a backyard for all the Lego kids to play in.

Same price as the DO and most other modulars in New Zealand: $299.99

Can't wait for January 1st!

Awesome! So happy the price never went up anymore. I'm definitely getting this January 1st to get the free polybag, and probably with Wall-E thrown in to get free shipping.

I feel that IMO, the only thing missing from this set is a Bank money transfer Van, so would like to see one as a give away, like the flower cart polybag was linked to the DO, but in the same vane as the Xmas give away from 2013, the Christmas Tree Truck (40083) so more a box than a poly with a money transfer minifig!

I just bought that Spider-man vs. Doc Ock armored truck set. We already had a Spider-man swinging around our city. He needed a counterpart and to your point, the truck will go great with the bank.

I really hope that park set is the polybag myself. Oddly enough it's my favorite 2016 set so far. Simple. Elegant. Homely. Really captures what the modulars are to me while also bringing them together (you guys did just suggest a park for the middle of the city block once the 2017 set completes it). It'll also help the Ferris Wheel fit in better, too.

In regards to the time-frame of the set, the coffee machine behind the desk looks like an espresso machine. Not sure when those started to come into common use.

Two things throw my 30's to 50's era into troubled waters.......the espresso machine and the digital coin counter ????

Yet, there are no computers ????

Espresso machines have been around for about a hundred years I believe, now a digital counter would be at least in the 1960's though the read out on the 1x2 slope brick is more 80's/90's.

It's very confusing unlike the DO, PC,GE and FB you can see it's from the 30's to 50's period.

The modulars have always been set in the first half of the 20th century. I think the computer in Town Hall was a mistake.

The price difference between European countries is ridiculous. I never saw a good reason, besides a 2% VAT difference, for the €10 price difference between The Netherlands and Germany on most €150-€250 exclusives, but €20 difference on a price of €150 is outrageous. That's 13% more expensive! :sceptic:

Set is €149 in germany and €169 in Holland! Now how is that fair? Am I paying for the cheaper German prices? How appropriate that it is a bank. Way overprized!

Yes i noticed that too... as i live near the german border i now have to take a one hour drive to pay 40 euro's less for 2 sets... Still it is crazy why there is so much difference...

I wish it was €169, because in Finland it's €179. For some reason Lego has quite big price differences in different euro countries.