Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Here is my XL Brick Bank :D

(just finished it today, took about 30hrs total)

24990688085_c959e2e5d9_o.jpg

Not sure I care for the trees that are included in this set(s), the cage around the base are really only held on by 1 stud so they can freely move back and forth.

It seems like LEGO quality in regard to design has gone down hill. I have seen so many steps in the instructions for recent modulars that you wouldn't have thought they would approve for the final design. Holding up a ceiling with just one stud or puting a 2x2 brick on top of a 1x2 without any support for the second half just being a few examples.

24964374886_40609a84f2_b.jpg

(this layout was my only option so i took advantage of that and turned the "cut-in" into a parking stall area along the street, was going to do a bus stop but things change lol)

24363842753_34261d5e36_b.jpg

I made this using the second calculator brick from the vault parts i had left over, made this into an ATM and it even has a slot to let you put in your "card"

24360089294_46b49d3f66_b.jpg

I lit this up using a USB LED LEGO 1x4 plate from Kickstarter

I just finished building my Brick Bank today, Did anyone else end up with an extra 1x4 dark bley plate piece from the bag 3's? I went back over the steps and didn't find anything I might of missed. That's not a part they would give you extras. Thanks.

The best thing to do is to go through the manual and check how many of these are there then check with bricklink under Inventory to see if any of these are meant to be as spare.

The best thing to do is to go through the manual and check how many of these are there then check with bricklink under Inventory to see if any of these are meant to be as spare.

Thanks, I did what you suggested, and there should be 13 pieces of 1x4 plate in dark bley, and no extras according to BL. Those parts are only used in the underside of the first floor and in the chimney stack (from the number 3 bags), and I didn't leave anything out... I guess I just got a fluke extra part.

Edited by talos

Thanks, I did what you suggested, and there should be 13 pieces of 1x4 plate in dark bley, and no extras according to BL. Those parts are only used in the underside of the first floor and in the chimney stack (from the number 3 bags), and I didn't leave anything out... I guess I just got a fluke extra part.

Then you are lucky :). I do remember same happened with me with one of the modulars...:)

Cheers

Here is my XL Brick Bank :D

(just finished it today, took about 30hrs total)

24990688085_c959e2e5d9_o.jpg

Today bought 2 Brick Banks in Ream Arcaden Munich and this MOD is what I'm going to build... :)

Thanx for sharing...

Max

I just finished building my Brick Bank today, Did anyone else end up with an extra 1x4 dark bley plate piece from the bag 3's? I went back over the steps and didn't find anything I might of missed. That's not a part they would give you extras. Thanks.

Funny because the same thing happened to me when I built mine last month. I ended up with an extra 1x4 Dark Gray Plate as well. After retracing all my steps, I found out that I only installed one where the swinging cage was, when the instruction required 2 pieces. Maybe you did the same mistake. Here's a screen shot of the manual.

wFkNnpR.png

HTH

Edited by muffluvin

Funny because the same thing happened to me when I built mine last month. I ended up with an extra x4 Dark Gray Plate as well. After retracing all my steps, I found out that I only installed one where the swinging cage was, when the instruction required 2 pieces. Maybe you did the same mistake. Here's a screen shot of the manual.

wFkNnpR.png

HTH

Yes! That is what I did too, I just put one 1x4 in that spot. I have added in the 2nd one now.

Thanks so much for the help finding it! Cheers!

@Talos

Happy to help mate. I was laughing when I read your post because I remember the predicament that I was in. I had to retrace all my steps, read the manual over and over.

It took me 3 weeks to finish the Brick Bank because I was bored with it, I find the proportions and the choice of colors odd. It is my least favorite modular, so imagine how frustrated I was after I ended up with that 1x4 plate.

Edited by muffluvin

Finally picked up the Bank. Without even opening the box I can tell it is smaller than the building I am working on, but I am looking forward to adding it with the other buildings.

for me this is the last modular on the list to buy atm.

bought the palace cinema yesterday so will build that.

finishing off the Town hall that i have changed the colours on.

and then will buy the parisian restaurant and then detectives office first hopefully the next 2 months for them and then this.

tbh i do like the look of this. it gives an old feel of where you had to actually walk in the bank to get money etc.

Any news or speculation on 2017 modular don't see a tread yet?

General discussion and rumours concerning modular buildings sets go in this thread. Nothing yet though.

Finally added this beauty to my collection the other day (thanks to a REALLY good sale :) and I love it. Great build, neat build techniques (now I need to find a reason to use a typewriter in a MOC :) and a very fun build. I actually recon its equal with the Detective's Office as the best modular yet.

Not to mention all the awesome parts like the black ornate fences, black 2 x 2 round plate with arms, gold coins/bar, dark tan 1 x 1 tile, light bley "gold bar" pieces, Nexo Knights shield pieces, perl gold 1 x 1 brick with fancy scroll thing, printed portrait tile, sand green arched window pieces, printed glass laundromat piece, printed cheque piece and the cool minifigs (the people who run this bank must have a far looser dress code than any bank I have ever seen judging by what the "bank teller" is wearing)

I actually just got it the other day at my Lego store. I put it next to my Grand Emporium and now I have a couple of corner buildings. It is a great set.

Hey, I haven't been able to tell this in pictures but do those new sand-green curved windows have window panes in them?

Hey, I haven't been able to tell this in pictures but do those new sand-green curved windows have window panes in them?

On the second floor, yes, the windows do have panes. It's a fantastic color for those window pieces, don't you think?

Edited by Aegis2000

The curved arch windows dont have glass in them, no. The 1 x 2 x 3 windows do however have glass.

I've got it at home, and it's just spectacular!

Please do not quote unnecessarily. This goes especially for images as they make the thread a lot harder to read.

I've seen several MOD of this set making it double wide or twice as tall or separating the laundry mat into its own store, but has anyone tried to make the Bank into a "true corner" building like Palace or Grand?

55 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

I've seen several MOD of this set making it double wide or twice as tall or separating the laundry mat into its own store, but has anyone tried to make the Bank into a "true corner" building like Palace or Grand?

I guess you mean something like this, Chubbs?

Found it on Flickr, posted bij norm.fm and there is only a picture of the facade...

25069784442_a16ed9892b_b.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

10 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

I guess you mean something like this, Chubbs?

Found it on Flickr, posted bij norm.fm and there is only a picture of the facade...

I don't get how they managed to make that 45° angle. It's not possible to get it exactly with the kind of construction they are using, at least I don't think. It must be that the 90-45-45 triangle at that size has a side that is approximately an integer so you have some wiggle room that allows you to get away with it.

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I don't get how they managed to make that 45° angle. It's not possible to get it exactly with the kind of construction they are using, at least I don't think. It must be that the 90-45-45 triangle at that size has a side that is approximately an integer so you have some wiggle room that allows you to get away with it.

They used two light bluish grey hinges; two 1x2 plates, connected as a hinge... I also see a DBG hinge from the same type and a hinge from 1x2 bricks in Dark Bluish Grey as well in the roof section...why couldn't this work...the steps is resting on tiles... and only the hinges hold the middle of the facade above the main entrance!