Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Here is a video of my XL version! (Maybe someone can deeplink this YouTube video here for me??)

Fantastic job, LegoSjaak. congrats. I love the bainster on the second floor. So, where are you going to place it in the square? You're running out of space, specially with this XXL versions!

Fantastic job, LegoSjaak. congrats. I love the bainster on the second floor. So, where are you going to place it in the square? You're running out of space, specially with this XXL versions!

I might put it temporary in my square already on sunday! I'll make a video of it and after that, i will take the BrickBank out of the attic downstairs, so i can look at it, and maybe search for small things that i will make better! But euhm...what is a bainster.. i did google it, but nothing cam out that made any sense... :laugh: . (Or is it that little extra piece of office, where that espressomachine has its place?)

something like this? It's not really hard. Just remove the 's' from 'https'.

Thanks Therize, i din't know that!

Edited by LegoSjaak

This set? The most fun I've ever had building a Lego set in my life. I need to pick up more big sets like this soon.

But euhm...what is a bainster.. i did google it, but nothing cam out that made any sense... :laugh: . (Or is it that little extra piece of office, where that espressomachine has its place?)

Hahaha, sorry, I meant banister.

Would this be a good set for someone new to Modulars to start with??

I would start with the Pet Shop as well. That's the one I started with.

Has anyone built the Brick Bank so that the laundromat is on the other side of the building. Basically has anyone built a mirror image version of the Brick Bank. I think it might look better with the laundromat next to the pet shop and Parisian Restaurant.

Has anyone built the Brick Bank so that the laundromat is on the other side of the building. Basically has anyone built a mirror image version of the Brick Bank. I think it might look better with the laundromat next to the pet shop and Parisian Restaurant.

This is my mirror-version... 23714510814_190611af8b_b.jpg

..did anyone else also hear Jamie Berard say that this is the 'eleventh' modular....? So Market Street also counts as an official Modular, i guess....?

..did anyone else also hear Jamie Berard say that this is the 'eleventh' modular....? So Market Street also counts as an official Modular, i guess....?

Ofcourse, the Market Street counts as a Modular.

Ofcourse, the Market Street counts as a Modular.

For me it was clear that Market Street is a modular, but i never heard someone from TLG say it actually...

Yes, i noticed that and went to count them just to see if he considers ms part of the theme. I still don't want it though.

So, I just finished building my Brick Bank. A REALLY fun and interesting build! But overall its SUPER tiny. Not really a complaint, just an observation. Maybe it's because ALL of my other modulars are at least twice the "stock" size and my largest being about 5 times "stock" size. But I believe LegoSjaak's Brick Bank to be the perfect size. I will, sometime down the road, pick up another one, but my layout will be a little different.

All said and done, I love it!

Edited by redtrooper27

For me it was clear that Market Street is a modular, but i never heard someone from TLG say it actually...

They included it in the mini-modulars set, so to me it was clear that it counts for TLG :)

I have to say the original looks a bit silly compared to LegoSjaak's XL-version. Look how tiny it is :)

10251_brickset.jpg

Bad for my wallet, as I don't see any other option than to order two brick banks.

It's called modular after all. I think Cafe Corner was the only to actually show what that means on the back of the box, so we tend to forget how these buildings were thought up.

But size is relative. Everything bigger will look more impressive. If you don't compare it to things which are bigger, but instead to open-back, paneled contraptions in the city line, then the single brick bank will outshine anything in comparison. A kind of mindset we could benefit from in other aspects of life, and one I try to remember whenever urged to spend more money.

Maybe the problem with the Brick Bank is that the design is "grand" but the size isn't. PR and DO had design that fitted better to the smaller size. However, overall I like these newer & more detailed buildings more than the older bigger ones, but I hope that the modulars won't get smaller than BB in the future.

Edited by temes

Maybe the problem with the Brick Bank is that the design is "grand" but the size isn't.

That's a very good way to put it.

Roger, thanks...i admire your MOCs a lot....that is way more creative then what i am doing! Changing the square pillar to a round one was pretty obvious....i could try to change the other two square ones as well....see how that turnes out....

LegoSjaak, thank you. Glad you like them. I love MOCing, but it's a slow process... right now I'm designing my fourth one. :)

If you do change the other pillars, be sure to take a picture and share it with us. :classic:

I replaced all the square pillars on my Brick Bank with round ones because I felt that the square ones were just not right. It was quite easy, requiring only a few part changes (replaced 2 x 2 corner bricks with relocated 1 x 2 bricks, replaced relocated 1 x 2 bricks with 1 x 1 bricks, rotated 1 x 2 x 5 brick near office 90 degrees, secured additional 2 x 2 light gray corner tile, replaced a few plates with different lengths) besides the obvious round bricks. I also built it mirror, partly for the challenge but mostly because it will fit better that way in my shelves (IKEA Billy). I will try to take a few pictures when I get home tonight.

Dan-147

The problem is it's too small. LEGO is cheaping out. Oil Prices are at the lowest price in over a decade, I know it takes time to see it on their books, but it has been falling for a long time and they still raised the price on this smallest modular to date. They're going to keep doing it as long as people enthusiastically keep buying it and even buying more than one to enlarge it to proper size. We need an organizes resistance to get the larger modulars back and we should stop buying this one until they cut the price and get to work on a Grand Emporium or Fire House sized building. #BoycottTheBank

The problem is it's too small. LEGO is cheaping out. Oil Prices are at the lowest price in over a decade, I know it takes time to see it on their books, but it has been falling for a long time and they still raised the price on this smallest modular to date. They're going to keep doing it as long as people enthusiastically keep buying it and even buying more than one to enlarge it to proper size. We need an organizes resistance to get the larger modulars back and we should stop buying this one until they cut the price and get to work on a Grand Emporium or Fire House sized building. #BoycottTheBank

I guess you'd better start a United Lego Consumers Group, and maybe you can tell TLG what you are meaning.. The low oil price does the same in Holland with petrol... the price went down a bit, but not as much as the oil price dropped.. But what percentage is oil for a set such as the BrickBank.. maybe only 10% orso.. the rest is other than that.. But it is up to everyone on what you buy or not.. so i would not be to angry about it.. if you do not feel comfortable with buying one, then please leave it on the shelf for someone else... it is just the market.. when something is popular, the prices will rise.. it is as simple as that..

Agreed. My interest in Lego is waning thanks to the constantly increasing prices, decreasing sizes, the scarcity of supply in some parts of the world, and my finances. Having to choose between a modular and a week's holiday in a foreign country makes the modular less worthwhile, now that they are smaller. Nowadays I find myself looking to other cheaper brands like Oxford, where you get both size and quality for a lower price. Their Korean castle and Heritage sets look pretty awesome.

Edited by Jern92

See Alex Nunes' video:

Edited by salsa

It does look small compared to the big mods posted here. But it still looks cool, although i think the bank could have benefited from an extra floor to have like a small lobby area to open accounts and whatever else.

I still can't get over the fact that the original set doesn't have a single cash machine. This would be a must for me if I were expanding the bank.