Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Yes i ended up using about 80 piece extra from my lego bins, If i had made the laundromat not as deep and not cared about mismatched colored walls i i could have done it just the two sets i bought,

Thank you.

I appreciate the photos and inspiration. Nice work.

Finished building Brick Bank this morning. It has so much more potential. Will mod this when I get the extra $$$. Plan on having main entrances on both fronts so basically a corner mirror. Lobby will be L shaped and as others have done a 16 stud wide Laundry.

Like the overall style and color scheme. Still want a Police Station as a modular sooner than later.

Finished building Brick Bank this morning. It has so much more potential. Will mod this when I get the extra $$$. Plan on having main entrances on both fronts so basically a corner mirror. Lobby will be L shaped and as others have done a 16 stud wide Laundry.

Like the overall style and color scheme. Still want a Police Station as a modular sooner than later.

I like the idea of having entrances on both sides. It would solve the problem that I'm seeing with other MODs, where the side without the entrance has a patch of plain bricks because another window wouldn't fit there. Though I bet having a sole entrance right on the corner might solve that problem as well... But I really like your idea, too, and I feel it wouldn't require buying another whole BB if it's modded correctly.

Edited by telaruhn

I was wondering that too! I know that when I make a modular bigger the inside gets done absolutely last. I have an XL GE that thought the outside is done, I've barely started the inside :(

When i make changes i always leave the inside for last too. That XL GE you have sounds nice.

Yes i ended up using about 80 piece extra from my lego bins, If i had made the laundromat not as deep and not cared about mismatched colored walls i i could have done it just the two sets i bought,

here is the front area of the laundromat insides. The back room is waiting for inspiration to strike and the top floor is now waiting on a bricklink order..

laundromat inside by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

work in progress by Shawn Rau, on Flickr

*oh2* OMG, it looks so nice. I love the tile work you did, as well as the sitting area and countertops. Looks really good.

I never thought of having a PS as a modular, but I like the idea. I still personally want more living space for minifigs in the modulars.

Brick Bank 95% complete. Now it's to tackle the Laundry Matt...but, that's for a little while. I need a small break as this was a bit of a challenge. I used A LOT of my own bricks on top of the 2 sets to make it come out like this.

10639622_10101167582063453_2600569503241147427_n.jpg?oh=1e1f636afdb4cc99ea7cc4107676cae5&oe=57041DDA

Edited by KringlesBricks

Brick Bank 95% complete. Now it's to tackle the Laundry Matt...but, that's for a little while. I need a small break as this was a bit of a challenge. I used A LOT of my own bricks on top of the 2 sets to make it come out like this.

you've been doing some great modding! I see you changed almost all arches, why is that? Or is it to match the arches of the large sidewindow better? These arches give the whole building a bit more of an asian look, or like 1001 nights.... That large window would also look good above the main entrance... I'm also curious of how your building would look like with lights inside.. it will look very good as there are a lot of windows to give you a look inside! I'm still working on my XL version as well!

Edited by Rick
Don't unnecessarily quote images

So now have I finished building the Bank. Overall a nice set. A lot of details and I finally got 4 corner buildings so I can put them together like a block. :)

But, I´ve got 2 building questions. Why is the last step to the second floor so high? I think that I heard somewhere that the second floor was added afterwards? (in the story of the building).And Why can not the Bank manager's office be opened from the inside? I looked in the instructions like 5 times,it says that the door should be opened into the office and the door knob is attached to the outside of the door. Is the secretary suposed to open his door every time? Is it a part of the story or is it a part of the time when the bank was builded, like the typewriter thing?

OMG, it looks freakintastic. Great mod! :wub_drool:

So now have I finished building the Bank. Overall a nice set. A lot of details and I finally got 4 corner buildings so I can put them together like a block. :)

But, I´ve got 2 building questions. Why is the last step to the second floor so high? I think that I heard somewhere that the second floor was added afterwards? (in the story of the building).And Why can not the Bank manager's office be opened from the inside? I looked in the instructions like 5 times,it says that the door should be opened into the office and the door knob is attached to the outside of the door. Is the secretary suposed to open his door every time? Is it a part of the story or is it a part of the time when the bank was builded, like the typewriter thing?

In the designer video Jamie says that the bank had to expand.

I love all these mods - I got my second set as I thought the bank needed work but now I'm not so sure which route to take, these designs all look so great!

I think I know what you can do to be unique but still mod it: Make the bank larger, but leave the laundromat to the side like in the official build! I think no one has done that, which is weird. Edited by ilikeboomerang1

I think I know what you can do to be unique but still mod it: Make the bank larger, but leave the laundromat to the side like in the official build! I think no one has done that, which is weird.

I like it! An excellent starting point - thank you!

You're welcome.

Look at my mod, a few posts earlier..you can see i left the laundromat where it was... it did make it 8 studs wider also! :sweet:23669732264_c6228a6bbf_h.jpg

These mods are looking great. Has anyone thought of expanding the lobby area to include a sitting area and desks were people can come in and open accounts just like basically all banks have?

ive got to wait a few more months to get this set unfortunately.

finishing off building my town hall atm then will have to save up for it.

hopefully by march i can get it and then save for a few more modulars.

it does look really good with what people have done to it though.

unfortunately i dont have the guts or the money to buy 2 sets and moc it. i like these sorts of buildings to look like they are out the box aha.

Mine arrived today, but no free polybag of any kind :(

Ah, thats a bummer. Maybe they ran out?

ive got to wait a few more months to get this set unfortunately.

finishing off building my town hall atm then will have to save up for it.

hopefully by march i can get it and then save for a few more modulars.

it does look really good with what people have done to it though.

unfortunately i dont have the guts or the money to buy 2 sets and moc it. i like these sorts of buildings to look like they are out the box aha.

I have to wait to save up for this modular myself.

Look at my mod, a few posts earlier..you can see i left the laundromat where it was... it did make it 8 studs wider also! :sweet:

Oh, sorry. My internet's a bit slow, so probably the picture wasn't seen by me. Edited by Rick
Please don't quote images unnecessarily!

Why are the images on the Lego website still showing a beige coloured facade on the second floor?

23698045944_7fe326750c_b.jpg

LegoSjaak....I really like the look of 3 windows on both sides...and that's a big bank! I'm curious what the second floor is going to look like... You have plans what you are going to fill that open space with between the 2 vaults?

I switched the arches back to the original arches that came with the set...was not feeling it after a few days.

Edited by KringlesBricks

Hallo Kringles (Always makes me think of Pringles.. :wacko:) So you changed the arches back to the Original ones...can you post a picture of your last version? Want to see it!! I'll post a picture of the space between the 2 vaults later today!!

Why are the images on the Lego website still showing a beige coloured facade on the second floor?

Most likely just poor color correction. Notice that the lamppost and some of the parts around the laundromat sign also look slightly beige. It's also just that one picture that looks like that.

I really like all of the mods that everyone has done...makes me wonder why TLG is trying to cram all of that stuff in one set, when they could come look at what could be done...I don't mind having a laundry and a bank, but as I see here, why not two buildings instead? Great job everyone, I was hesitant to pick this up but I think I might and try my hand at my first mod.

Hallo Kringles (Always makes me think of Pringles.. :wacko:) So you changed the arches back to the Original ones...can you post a picture of your last version? Want to see it!! I'll post a picture of the space between the 2 vaults later today!!

Added into the city square...the Town Hall has a neighbor. The Brick Bank actually helps blend in the Town Hall now :classic: Went back to the original arches; but, led the 1x2x2 arches on the side with the big window.

12439524_10101170201030023_3622904543917726593_n.jpg?oh=e7e69d629e0e28cb90fbdf3d73f59384&oe=573BDBE7

Edited by KringlesBricks