Rick

10251 Brick Bank

Overall I love this. Disapointed with the size and price hike. LEGO is the number 1 toy maker in the world, so they going to do whatever they want.

I'll be buying 2-3 to build it correctly. The "double" wide version is a REALLY good starting point.

My real bank still has 90 euros saved since this year failed to see a new WV set. Very happy to spend it soon on this fantastic new Modular.

At the same time relieved that this Modular release is an original set and not a rehash of an older Modular set like some people were speculating about. It seemed to take forever for news of this modular to 'leak' out. I wonder how people here would have responded if the new Modular set had been a rehash of say the CC or GC...

Overall I love this. Disapointed with the size and price hike. LEGO is the number 1 toy maker in the world, so they going to do whatever they want.

The price seems to be increased in the US only. European prices are the same or even lower than the DO. American prices of Lego were almost always significantly lower than the European ones, so it just looks like an adjustment to bring them closer.

Exciting.

Yes, overall the size is smaller than the previous generation modulars. However, the inside are VERY detailed and have a story.

Building the newer modulars is a lot more fun than the earlier version. (CC for me was: Build wall 9 stacks high, repeat 3 times, impressive on the outside, inside is empty)

Should be interesting. (I am not sure how I feel about the hole in the wall "issue"

It's not as amazing as Parisian Restaurant, but it's very good anyway and I like it. It's nice to see a different kind of corner building. I wasn't that interested in the bank theme when I heard the rumours about it, but it's better and more interesting than I expected.

I wonder what the accompanying polybag would be. Guess I'll have to purchase it from Shop@Home to get it

I'm guessing it's this, based upon the classic-style head of the female minifig:

cfhfh.jpg

I think that they removed Jamie from Modular work this year after the poor reception of the DO by AFOLs, and just let him work on the ''other'' Creator Expert stuff. As said before, there's a check tile in the set with (I believe) the initials of Marcus Bessa. However, I don't know. I might be really wrong.

Last time I checked, Jamie was the lead of the whole Creator line.

It's ok. It still feels very clumsy in the detailing, as did the DO. I don't like how much the textured walls stick out on the ground floor and then suddenly ends at the arches, even if I know why it has to be like that.

Actually, it doesn't look like it has to be that way considering the "gold bar" pieces appear to be on 2 x 2 bricks (sideways), so I guess you could fairly easy make them line up with the arches.

I'm guessing it's this, based upon the classic-style head of the female minifig:

... and the theme of the fountain. It'd be a very nice freebie to go with the new modular release on January 1. :classic:

I think that they removed Jamie from Modular work this year after the poor reception of the DO by AFOLs, and just let him work on the ''other'' Creator Expert stuff. As said before, there's a check tile in the set with (I believe) the initials of Marcus Bessa. However, I don't know. I might be really wrong.

I saw a Facebook post of Marcus yesterday telling people not to spread disinformation about the modular in some AFOL Facebook group. The initials aren't his he said. If I could only find the post again...

What about this 48 wide Brick Bank, instead of 24 studs wide.. With two sets this should be possible, maybe with help of a few Bricklink parts.. Another option is to make the whole building 2 or 3 bricks taller... that should be possible as well! 21484764433_4b0fb3565a_c.jpg

A combination of both versions will result into a mamooth! :) Double width and an extra floor...

Here is what i call a mammoth... :sweet:21919397139_9236016921_c.jpg Edited by LegoSjaak

Here is what i call a mammoth... :sweet:

What a beast, dude!

I think that's too much, but your previous versions with double width looks right.

Edited by Gongoro73

What a beast, dude!

I think that's too much, but your previous versions with double width looks right.

You are right...the higher version is way too massive.. but i really like the double width, so 48 studs instead of 24... ~!

The more pictures I see of this, the more I dislike the green windows actually.

I think this will be the first modular I definitely mess with.

You are right...the higher version is way too massive.. but i really like the double width, so 48 studs instead of 24... ~!

I think I'll go with the first of your versions, two windows on each side of the central section. Three of them seems so repetitive to me, although, of course, such buildings do exist. But I think two windows is enough.

The more pictures I see of this, the more I dislike the green windows actually.

I think this will be the first modular I definitely mess with.

I must admit i could have taken a better picture to photoshop with... the sandgreen windows in my pictures are not the real color.. ...

I think I'll go with the first of your versions, two windows on each side of the central section. Three of them seems so repetitive to me, although, of course, such buildings do exist. But I think two windows is enough.

You could be right again.. two windows on each side will do...and with two sets, there will be plenty of bricks left for doing some nice modifications on the original.. maybe make the laundromat wider and a bit taller. In this way it will give the whole set a bit more depth, by varying the height of both Bank and Laundromat...

I know they are meant to be sand green, it's just I think there's too much green & blue in my modular 'street' already.

So far I only have the Pet Shop & Palace Cinema but will have the Detectives Office & Parisian Restaurant as soon as double points start here in the uk later this week, so even if you desaturated the image for a more accurate representation I like the windows, just not in this colour in this particular build.

Won't stop me buying it though :-)

You could be right again.. two windows on each side will do...and with two sets, there will be plenty of bricks left for doing some nice modifications on the original.. maybe make the laundromat wider and a bit taller. In this way it will give the whole set a bit more depth, by varying the height of both Bank and Laundromat...

Yep, I think that will be the best route. :)

Oh, the double width one looks great! Hopefully I'll get the DO for Xmas, then two of these some time during the year.

What a beast, dude!

I actually really like it - and I don't usually like the expanded mods so much. But 'Mamut' really captures it well. Almost as if it were an iconic building.

It does need to be double depth as well though

Edited by dr_sarcophagus

I actually really like it - and I don't usually like the expanded mods so much. But 'Mamut' really captures it well. Almost as if it were an iconic building.

It does need to be double depth as well though

You mean like this :laugh: ???? 21484877564_ef0d3efa4d.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

First impression's are better for this than I had for the DO. I'm really liking the look of this release going by the art work. This design could quite easily been used for an Police Station, New York style IMO.

Might get 2 of these to add another floor level. I also like a the blonde hair piece on the female bank worker. Reminds me of Sanne who worked on and chaperoned the 2014 Inside tour. Wonder if one of the crafty parts designers lik Gitte modelled the hair piece on her?

In my opinion it is the best looking modular in years. I fear I`m also one of the few who likes the white color scheme more than the tan one. Although I love all kinds of tan bricks, in combination with the grey ground floor – IMHO – it matches in no way.

Probably it is a bit smaller than the previous modulars but at least it is no architectural eyesore …

The only thing that could have been solved better are the LEGO imprints on the gold bar bricks that are used (in grey) as cladding for the ground floor. With a clean look they would probably become one of my favorite bricks …