Rick

10251 Brick Bank

The modified 1 x 1 scroll with open stud can be found on the highest level roof. It's in grey. Below it is bucket handles clipped vertically if my eyesight doesn't fail me.

I think those are the pulley pieces (the same piece used to hold the washing machine sign in another picture)

I really like the bank. It is so much better than the DO. It seems like more of the details went to the exterior this time rather than too focused on the interior. The colors are nice, and I really look forward to buying this. It is a good representation of a classical bank with the architecture, chandelier, clock on the outside, and even the bankers lamp in the manager's office.

Agreed that the laundromat was put there for the sole purpose of providing access to the vault, hence the storyline. I probably would have nixed the laundromat and just focused on the bank itself, but it is not really that bad. It could have been worse---you could have had breakaway walls, and classic robbers entering the vault to find......a pile of cookies. Not crazy about the price increase, but I will still get it.

Money Laundering... Oh Lego, you never cease to amuse me.

Can't say I love this one. The colours are a bit weird for me. Would have been nicer if the bank was all grey, IMO. The Detective's Office and the Parisian Restaurant are much nicer.

I like the laundromat - printed window with open sign is great plus easy enough to switch that and the "sign" out to make it a different type of business

Nice to see a corner bank, but, kind of wish the architecture or size was a bit grander....of course will still get it, may just need some mods like the DO

Also, I think, not since FB->GE have two consecutive modulars looked so good side by side as this and DO

Finally, the new 40221 looks like it will complement this nicely http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115714

Edited by PastVPresent

Does it have a light bluish grey 32 x 32 baseplate, or am i wrong?

Looks like light tan to me.

The baseplate looks tan / brick yellow

Not sure what you mean by price increase, I think this is 10 eur less than last year, maybe this has more to do with US prices for lego going up in general

When I first saw the pictures this afternoon, I didn't like it. After looking at it a bit more, it's growing on me, but there's still something that doesn't sit well with me. I'll be buying a Modular at some point next year... But it will be an older set.

It appears that creator expert = city range.

Another shrinking modular. Now we have 4 corners, let's see how small this one is by placing it next to the CC,GE and PC.

It looks great...just too small. Part coint trickery with tonnes of 1x1 pieces no doubt.

I'll modify at least two of these sets into one bigger building (as i alwasy do..) The bank will have somewhat more 'grandeur'. I could widen the laundromat as well...not sure about that already. Widening the Bank will look like this.. 22083675722_db7e63ca8d_c.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

For those of you who think it's tiny, this is how it would look with an extra floor (and extra cash):

Much more impressive with that extra floor. This looks like a proper building.

For those of you who think it's tiny, this is how it would look with an extra floor (and extra cash):

What about a combination of your and my versione.... :grin:

The problem, I think, is that there's always going to be something that somebody doesn't like, even if it's something small. Overall, I think it's a beautiful modular, even though there are a couple of elements that I'm not certain about (for me, the ingot bricks used as detailing on the façade just don't look right, and the detailing on the roof cornice looks odd to me too). I think it's a beautiful modular, with a nice sense of fun as well, and I'm more than willing to overlook the minor details that I'm not certain about, or to just accept that I will eventually change them/mod them. I love the Detective's Office, which is the only modular I have so far, and in the pictures I've seen the bank looks wonderful beside it, so I'll be getting it, no doubt. I love the neo-classical façade, I love the doorway on the side (rather than on the corner), and the clock on the corner. I may mod the Laundromat into something else - somebody on this thread had the great idea of changing it into an entrance bay for a security van. I like this set a lot.

I love the idea of money laundering, really funny story line

I'm a little unsure why they are hoisting a washing machine up to the bank managers window, a little bit odd. But overall, I love the set and it will be a nice addition, best news we have had in months,

Paul

And great job Jamie for continuing "No Stickers" policy on Modulars, I think we are all happy to pay a couple of pound/euros/dollars more to not have these.

Edited by paul_delahaye

I love the idea of money laundering, really funny story line

I'm a little unsure why they are hoisting a washing machine up to the bank managers window, a little bit odd. But overall, I love the set and it will be a nice addition, best news we have had in months,

Paul

And great job Jamie for continuing "No Stickers" policy on Modulars, I think we are all happy to pay a couple of pound/euros/dollars more to not have these.

I think they are putting up the shop sign.

What about a combination of your and my versione.... :grin:

A combination of both versions will result into a mamooth! :)

Great building, fabulous colors and great parts!! The sand green windows were an excellent choice! Undoubtedly, I'll buy a couple of these to have a 3-story version, which will find a happy home next to my Lawyer's Laundromat.

*I'm presuming Marcos Barosa was the designer, looking at the printed 'Prize Ticket' tile with a similar signature...

Edit:

Bessa said on Twitter it's by Jamie.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Never heard of money laundering? :wink:

:laugh:

The are so many nice details in here - the zipline handle thingies, the Wolverine claws, the ingots as stonework. The building is so subdued but detailed; I love it!

I liked it when I first saw it in the tiny picture last night, and I like it more today with the official pictures. Some pretty incredible detailing (as always with the Modulars) but it does seem a bit small. I like that double-wide version above.

Now that looks cool!

I really like this modular, definitely not what I was thinking. I was thinking more of an imperial/grand style with pillars from the ground to roof however, I'm pleasantly surprised at this. I really like the ground floor facade.

It reminds me of an old but small town type of building where a grand design was initially thought of but then reduced to match up with a smaller budget. Like an old established farming town like Feilding in New Zealand.

As for the colours I'm still not fully sold on the green windows but they're growing on me

:laugh:

The are so many nice details in here - the zipline handle thingies, the Wolverine claws, the ingots as stonework. The building is so subdued but detailed; I love it!

Minor correction. Those are Prince of Persia claws, not Wolverine's.

I don't think adding another floor really helps the bank. It just looks copy-pasted like the picture. I'm fine with the size reduction, because I really appreciate the interior details. Not everyone will be doing anything with the interior, but I like it.

Long time follower, first time poster.

Excited as always to see a new modular building, will be picking this one up.

Look at the picture of the back of the box, it looks like the chimney has a secret grate to the safe. Second floor has a fireplace for any letters.

Also looks like the washing machine has a $100bill sized slot to the safe.

Waiting for the designer video to have more details revealed too.