Sign in to follow this  
halixon

[O - F10] FR-20 Water Hovercraft

21888360750_da33384469_z.jpg

Halixon had been deployed down to the ocean planet F10.

The deployment shuttle dropped him onto the water surface

on a Water Hovercraft. He'd use this to maneuver the vast

ocean. Now, to find a small piece of land to set up a water

pump...

Top:

22086568351_c48b78334a_z.jpg

Back:

22064091992_f5bff25d5c_z.jpg

-------

Just a vehicle build. I would have built some water, but i don't quite have enough blue plates to set the hovercraft on.

C & C welcome! Note: This is my first build in AG, so some helpful comments are appreciated.

Edited by Windusky

Neat speeder! Please add a "Land Vehicle" tag so we can grab an extra domination point. :wink:

Edited.

Sweet build! Great first build!

I like the shape you went for, and the wings are nice. I think it would look better with a cockpit or at least a windshield for the poor fellow! :laugh: also for future ships, you should try sprucing up the ship with angles and snot! For instance, I think if the wings pointed a bit downward it would make for a better shape. Also, while in this case it works well, but in future ships try some techniques to have smooth wings. That always makes ships look better!

To show an example of what I mean in regards to angling the wings, here's my Cog 1 which features angled rear wings (although I concede that the wings were one of the weakest parts of the builds)

And here's a later build of mine showing SNOT (studs not on top) wings.

Hope this helped! Great job on your first AG build! Keep up the great work!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sweet build! Great first build!

I like the shape you went for, and the wings are nice. I think it would look better with a cockpit or at least a windshield for the poor fellow! :laugh: also for future ships, you should try sprucing up the ship with angles and snot! For instance, I think if the wings pointed a bit downward it would make for a better shape. Also, while in this case it works well, but in future ships try some techniques to have smooth wings. That always makes ships look better!

To show an example of what I mean in regards to angling the wings, here's my Cog 1 which features angled rear wings (although I concede that the wings were one of the weakest parts of the builds)

And here's a later build of mine showing SNOT (studs not on top) wings.

Hope this helped! Great job on your first AG build! Keep up the great work!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It is a water hovercraft, so if the wings angled downwards, then they'd be cutting through the water.

It is a water hovercraft, so if the wings angled downwards, then they'd be cutting through the water.

Ah, true! Didn't think about that! :laugh::classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Ah, true! Didn't think about that! :laugh::classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

No problem :wink:

welcome to octan windusky, hopefully Bob will add you to our PM soon, the shaping on the back end is really good but I think some transition out to the wings would be good. very flat ships/vehicles like this tend to look a bit simple so some variation in the angle or SNOT'ing the wings would go a long way, also, even if you have limited bricks, just a hint of landscape would get you a lot more points, for example, a small rock surrounded by small blue plates could do a lot to set the scene

be sure to start your future posts with

Tags: Land/Water Vehicle...

check for more tags in the rules thread http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97540