Sign in to follow this  
Stelario

WTC

Windland Tower Checkpoint

Border Crossing between Windland and Sandland that's the first line of defense against monsters trying to get to lands where water is free and for everyone.

22052966545_0676c640a5_c.jpg

21865071068_8e138e21c2_c.jpg

21866061049_77e355076d_c.jpg

21430125454_c87672d76d_c.jpg

22058460642_eaf9ffecea_c.jpg

21448058644_0c322b45de_c.jpg

Wall will be attached on both sides of the building. One side is finished just waiting for another one.

Edited by Stelario

The first and third pic don't show up for me, I'm not a fan of the wall texturing but think it looks good that aside especially like the gate/doors and the top battlements, I have to ask what part (if official) is the red spiky shield? :sweet:

Edited by Isundir

The first and third pic don't show up for me, I'm not a fan of the wall texturing but think it looks good that aside especially like the gate/doors and the top battlements, I have to ask what part (if official) is the red spiky shield? :sweet:

Me neither, although it's an interesting technique and took me a minute to figure out what was used.

I also think the snot plates making different patterns in each section is interesting.

It all just seems like a big block of gray - which might actually be a more realistic structure.

The tops of the towers and the gates are great.... I guess it's that middle section, going top to bottom, that just seems a bit too much of that technique to me. but otherwise it's really quite good (and substantial formidable).

Also, this thread title is not good.

Edited by fred67

But why aren't the monsters allowed to drink water? That's not very nice of the humans.

Human nature I would say ;) Drinking water and not sharing is their way of life :P

The wall will be separating dry lands from green lands :P Of course there will be some water there but the access will be really limited :) that's why they need to go on other side.

Seeing WTC, for some reason I was expecting to see the World Trade Centres...

Ironic then, how I see a gate...

That has two towers, that are joined by a mid section... :P

Looks really nice, but the texture is really weird, almost seems like it has hints of arabic texturing styles...

I like it! I always wanted to do an arabic themed build. If it was the case, I would be inspired by the new technique you came with... Amazing job!

Looks really nice, but the texture is really weird, almost seems like it has hints of arabic texturing styles...

I personally think the middle section texture is way much better then a big gray wall. Also it's much more "sturdy" then the round plate technique that lately most people use as you don't really see threw the walls. The "nick" between bricks it's only about 1/3 stud deep so it's definitely windproof :P I'm not sure if it's really arabic style as the real castle walls aren't flat ether but even if so it fit on the border with lands full of sand.

About the stud out parts, I upgraded them a bit I wanted to have destroyed walls on the outside and in much better condition inside.

The upcoming wall attached to the Towers will have 3 sections at each side. Which give 12 visible walls :P and as I used a lot of DBG for my other project I'm a bit out of materials :)

Love the crack in the outer wall! The gate and door look very sturdy, if I’d be a thirsty monster, I’d just turn back