Savage Oppress

2016 Lego Games prediction

Predict what Lego games that we will get in 2016

My predictions:

1. Lego Marvel's Avengers

2. Lego Dimensions 2.0

Reason: Traveler's Tales is too busy with Lego Dimensions to release 3 Lego games in the same year, which was showcased in 2015.

LEGO Dimensions 2.0. will not happen for a long time.

My prediction for the Fall/Winter 2016 LEGO game are LEGO Back to the Future: The Videogame, LEGO Doctor Who: The Videogame, LEGO The Simpsons: The Videogame or LEGO Ghostbusters: The Videogame.

Edited by Ordinareo

LEGO Dimensions 2 and Star Wars Episode VII are my guesses. LEGO Avengers is already happening in 2016.

Edited by just2good

My prediction for the Fall/Winter 2016 LEGO game are LEGO Back to the Future: The Videogame, LEGO Doctor Who: The Videogame, LEGO The Simpsons: The Videogame or LEGO Ghostbusters: The Videogame.

I don't think that we will have new video games for franchises that already have a Dimensions LvL pack.

Heck, isn't the whole point for having a level pack to compensate the lack of a proper game?

Maybe Scooby-Doo, since it hasn't got any level pack? There are no rumors of more sets, so it would be a bit stange. But they did one for JW, so.....

My predictions:

1. LEGO Doctor Who: The Videogame (They've already said that's the plan in DWM should the sets succeed)

2. LEGO The Simpsons: Greatest Hits (Featuring LEGO versions of Marge VS The Monorail, Homer The Great and Bart After Dark among many others)

3. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Almost a certainty)

Heck, isn't the whole point for having a level pack to compensate the lack of a proper game?

I don't think so. Surely the 'point' would be to test the waters?

Shouldn't we get a LEGO Star Wars IV after all the 3 movies are released? :sceptic: I mean what is the point of having a LEGO videogame based on one movie? :wacko: At least The Hobbit had An Unexpected Journey and Desolation of Smaug.

Edited by Ordinareo

Shouldn't we get a LEGO Star Wars IV after all the 3 movies are released? :sceptic: I mean what is the point of having a LEGO videogame based on one movie? :wacko:

Because you only need the Star Wars brand and people will buy it, even if it is only based on one film.

Because you only need the Star Wars brand and people will buy it, even if it is only based on one film.

But that is a bit cheap for TT Games and their fans isn't it?

Edited by Ordinareo

But that is a bit cheap for TT Games and their fans isn't it?

I love TT Games' LEGO games but let's not pretend it's not a business. I'll be shocked if there's no LEGO Star Wars game next year.

When I meant by Lego Dimensions 2.0, I mean the first major update that adds a new story campaign and more levels, characters, and themes

I very much doubt there will be a new story campaign next year and if there was, it wouldn't be an update but additional DLC. They'd want to charge for it.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

We definitely will get a new star wars game when episode VII, VIII, and IX come out. A full trilogy game would be awesome. Its been a long time since a new star wars game. We definitely need updated minifigure variants.

Want to say Doctor Who is a smart choice because they can fix their planet traveling and planets in general. Imagine a huge hub of Britain that you can change the time for, it's something that's being implemented in LEGO Avengers with NYC and two time periods. There's also a wide variety of characters. And your hub could always change along with the TARDIS interior. It has the possibility of being the largest LEGO game too. They're all Brits who love putting in Who references, imagine giving them all the time they need to make the perfect Doctor Who game. It could be something special.

Simpsons could work, a wide expanse of characters and story could be in that game. Springfield can be Springfield and be great in LEGO form. As is shown in Dimensions.

Ghostbusters and Scooby Doo wouldn't work IMO. LEGO loves a vast expanse of characters. There's only a small number of protagonists and a slightly larger amount of known antagonists. Highly doubt kids want to play as Ghost #1 and Man From Across the Street in a Polar Bear Outfit. Just saying.

I think the 2016 games will be:

- LEGO Star Wars (2016) This game could be a remastered Complete Saga with levels from The Clone Wars and Rebels. Add TFA characters, vehicles, and a level. So we can get our fix and then LEGO could release LEGO Star Wars II (2019) with the new trilogy. A rebranding/reboot of this game series would be a smart idea rather than coming up with other titles. Who really wants to see a LEGO Star Wars IV: The Remastered Saga? It just sounds odd.

- LEGO Doctor Who. (Reasoning above.)

I found this video from 2012 on the Tardis Wiki (Doctor Who Wiki) where Arthur talks about how he would love to make a Doctor Who LEGO Game if it was a theme. Fast forward to 2015 here we are with an official LEGO set and Videogame appearance.

Here is the video

Edited by Ordinareo

Want to say Doctor Who is a smart choice because they can fix their planet traveling and planets in general. Imagine a huge hub of Britain that you can change the time for, it's something that's being implemented in LEGO Avengers with NYC and two time periods. There's also a wide variety of characters. And your hub could always change along with the TARDIS interior. It has the possibility of being the largest LEGO game too. They're all Brits who love putting in Who references, imagine giving them all the time they need to make the perfect Doctor Who game. It could be something special.

I could imagine LEGO Doctor Who having at least three hub worlds that can be accessed via the TARDIS: London, Gallifrey and Skaro. All three perhaps with this time mechanic you mention, only more with time travel. Perhaps you pilot the TARDIS to different planets in different time zones?

Whatever they do, it would be by far the best LEGO game ever made.

Simpsons could work, a wide expanse of characters and story could be in that game. Springfield can be Springfield and be great in LEGO form. As is shown in Dimensions.

Simpsons would definitely work. The LEGO Movie's humour was very similar to that in The Simpsons.

Ghostbusters and Scooby Doo wouldn't work IMO. LEGO loves a vast expanse of characters. There's only a small number of protagonists and a slightly larger amount of known antagonists. Highly doubt kids want to play as Ghost #1 and Man From Across the Street in a Polar Bear Outfit. Just saying.

I don't think Scooby Doo would work for the reason you state but I see no reason why Ghostbusters couldn't. You could have the original Ghostbusters, the 2016 female reboot Ghostbusters, Louis Tully, Dana Barrett, Zuul, Terror Dog, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Slimer, Annie Potts and Walter Peck to list a few examples. That's 16 characters right there and that doesn't include many of the ghosts, the receptionist in the reboot and any other characters who appear in the 2016 film.

I think we can expect a DC Cinematic Universe game at some point and I think we could potentially see one next year. Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad are released next year and we are getting sets based on at least one of those movies. They could make a game based on those movies and Man of Steel. Not sure I would want such a game, but I think it's a fairly high possibility. We all know how much TT loves to make Batman games and it would help promote the BvS sets.

I also wonder if we could maybe see a Lego Angry Birds game? Kinda makes sense if you think about it, although it might work better as a mobile game like the original Angry Birds rather than a TT Games game.

I don't think we will get a The Force Awakens game next year. There is not enough material to warrant a game and it wouldn't tie in with the release of the movie. I guess they could include content from Rogue One as well, but since that's a separate story, it would be weird to bundle it with TFA. There is no doubt they will make a game to cash in on the new movies eventually, but they wouldn't want to risk their reputation by releasing a half-baked game, so I think next year is too early for it.

But maybe they could do a Star Wars Rebels game? The show will have two seasons under its belt by then, which was enough for them to make a Clone Wars game, so it will probably be enough for a Rebels game as well.

There's already one on the App Store.

Not an actual Lego one...

I think we can expect a DC Cinematic Universe game at some point and I think we could potentially see one next year. Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad are released next year and we are getting sets based on at least one of those movies. They could make a game based on those movies and Man of Steel. Not sure I would want such a game, but I think it's a fairly high possibility. We all know how much TT loves to make Batman games and it would help promote the BvS sets.

It's unrealistic to expect a DC movie game this early. Marvel is in phase 2 and they're just now getting one. Lego also isn't going to make levels based on a movie like Suicide Squad so unless the game covers just Man of Steel and BvS, it ain't happening.

I don't think Scooby Doo would work for the reason you state but I see no reason why Ghostbusters couldn't. You could have the original Ghostbusters, the 2016 female reboot Ghostbusters, Louis Tully, Dana Barrett, Zuul, Terror Dog, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, Slimer, Annie Potts and Walter Peck to list a few examples. That's 16 characters right there and that doesn't include many of the ghosts, the receptionist in the reboot and any other characters who appear in the 2016 film.

Scooby-Doo definitely has AT LEAST that many known characters. A game for either franchise could work. Lego would find a way. A Lego Scooby-Doo game could "break the mold" for all of the people here who complain about the Lego games all being the same every time.

Well, they had a Suicide Squad DLC for the last Batman game (though granted it was just called "the Squad"), so I wouldn't rule it out, but if you are right, then yes, I guess it would be unlikely that they would make a game just based on MOS and BvS.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if there were another LEGO Ninjago video game for handheld systems. However, now that Ninjago is getting so much representation in LEGO Dimensions, I don't know whether LEGO or TT Games will see as much need for it to have a game of its own.

It's worth noting that Shadow of Ronin was not announced until December of last year, so there's still hope for another Ninjago video game being announced.

Besides that and LEGO Marvel's Avengers (which we know is coming next year), it's probably still too early to make any other solid predictions. The only high-profile new licensed theme we know of for next year is Angry Birds, which is itself already a mobile game franchise. I would not rule out a LEGO Angry Birds app of some kind, but I don't expect anything more than that on that front. I also have no idea how long LEGO plans to wait before releasing another LEGO Star Wars game, but they might wait for the whole sequel trilogy to be near completion.

Oh, there's also the Merlok 2.0 app for LEGO Nexo Knights. I guess that's something.

Not an actual Lego one...

Yep. An actual official LEGO game on the app store. Free of charge.

Scooby-Doo definitely has AT LEAST that many known characters. A game for either franchise could work. Lego would find a way. A Lego Scooby-Doo game could "break the mold" for all of the people here who complain about the Lego games all being the same every time.

I don't think it has. Off the top of my head, I can only think of Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Velma, Daphne and Scrappy Doo.

Well, they did make The Hobbit with only two movies of content, so...

But we didn't get the Battle of the Five Armies DLC