Sir Gareth

Doctor Who General Discussion

If LEGO Made Another Doctor Who Set...  

215 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. (After the Tenth) Which Doctor Would You Most Want?

• The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    • The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    • The War Doctor - John Hurt
    • The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
  2. 2. Which of the Tenth Doctor's Companions Would You Want?

15 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Today I googled some pics of the Twelfth Doctor and was wondering, would this hairpiece in grey work better for his hair?

I'd say yes except for the small piece going just over the face. If you sanded that off or something then perhaps... it would work;

8lsjhQP.png11701162_1605604999724923_62430654272452

This is just the one side of the figure mirrored, but hopefully gives an idea of how sanding the hair piece might look - and how accurate it would be to Peter Capaldi.

Edited by Scarilian

Hey everyone! I know it's been a really long time since anything has been posted on here but it seems like there is a chance we'll see (some incarnation) of the Doctor in TLM2. We'll have to see what Doctor it is though and if the role is big enough to justify a minifigure in one of the sets / the CMF like. I'm still hyped - maybe we'll get that 10th Doctor figure so many people have been wanting for so long now :D
(I'm not entirely sure if Jodie has too big of a chance to be in one of these sets or the movie because of how long animating / writing and stuff like that takes so I'm not convinced that they had the time to include her in the movie or if she already found the way she wanted to play her role in those 16 months since the announcement)

image0.png

That sounds interesting, it could also be a reference to the Channel 4 TV show Lego Masters, maybe one of the contestants builds something DW related on there.

44 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

That sounds interesting, it could also be a reference to the Channel 4 TV show Lego Masters, maybe one of the contestants builds something DW related on there.

I doubt it. The hashtag is for promotional purposes, Matt put the hashtag after every response regardless of whether it had anything to do with the show or not.

There was a rumour ages ago about the Doctor appearing in the movie, I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be the case and a we get a Minifigure somewhere.

EDIT: I’m a huge DW fan, like a huuuggggeee fan, but damn that tweet is a bit blinded. DW is not as popular as it was 5 years ago, and the Ideas Set was not a success, it sold poorly.

Edited by Whovastron

Even if there’s a DW cameo in TLM2, there’s no guarantee we’d get any minifigs. TLBM sets didn’t have most of the non-DC characters, including the “British robots”. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.

8 hours ago, Whovastron said:

DW is not as popular as it was 5 years ago, and the Ideas Set was not a success, it sold poorly.

Well, that's a shame. I do hope we'll eventually get Doctor Who BrickHeadz sets one day.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:31 AM, Whovastron said:

There was a rumour ages ago about the Doctor appearing in the movie, I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be the case and a we get a Minifigure somewhere.

EDIT: I’m a huge DW fan, like a huuuggggeee fan, but damn that tweet is a bit blinded. DW is not as popular as it was 5 years ago, and the Ideas Set was not a success, it sold poorly.

Yeah I remember that rumor, and with what we've seen from tlm2 so far it looks like the doctor would fit right in. I wonder which incarnation we might get if this turns out to be true. 13 would be the obvious choice, but she was announced way after the original rumours came out. 12 would make sense considering the time frame and dimensions but I assume if they did it Lego would know 12 would be outdated by the time the movie comes out (or at least it would be too soon to reintroduce him right after his department) so maybe a classic doctor for a change? I could see them doing a joke of him dying multiple times and regenerating depending on how big of a role he/she gets if this rumor turns out to be true.

Since there is nothing coming soon for doctor who (expect this hinted reference that hopefully means at least one more physical doctor who minifigure.) I am presuming wishlisting is okay here, if not then no problem, it can be moved or deleted

Winter

£7-Stenza drop pod- comes with the transport pod and the data coil-minifigs: The 13th Doctor (in the 12th's clothes), Tzim'sha (The Woman who fell to earth) with printed recall device 
£17- the Policebox- comes with the 13's Tardis exterior and a frog on a chair as the Solitract- minifigs: The 13th Doctor (the ghost monument) Graham(ditto), Ryan (ditto).
£20- Robot- comes with brick built K1- minifigs: The 4th Doctor(ROBOT) and the Brigadier
£25- Sontaran Pod- comes with a sontaran scout ship as seen in the poison sky/the sontaran stratagem, the last sontaran and the pandorica opens.- minifigs: the 10th Doctor (The Poisson Sky), Sarah Jane (the Last Sontaran), Martha-Unit(The Posion Sky),Kaagh (uses egghead head extender as head with new neck attachment that has the same connection point as the tlbm movie red hood to connect to removable helmet, also uses Mid-legs),Sontaran Solider.
£45- The Dalek emperor- Build is the dalek emperor from Bad Wolf/Parting of the ways- minifigs: The 9th Doctor (Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways), Rose (ditto), Captain Jack (ditto) emperor's guard dalek x4 (Daleks would feature a new 4x4 x2/3 part that is like this one but round at the non-snot side like one of these and printed around the curve and is a consistent height of 2 plates high all around, and another new part to replace the printed dish that goes lower down to cover the gap and has dual molded headlights in transparent clear. )
£85- the 12th Doctor's tardis interior- Complete enclosed tardis interior with removable exterior panels, comes with extra parts to change it into 11's second tardis interior.- Minifigs- The 11th Doctor (the snowmen), The 12th Doctor (Smile), Bill (Smile), Missy(world enough and time),Nardole (world enough and time), Clara (twice upon a time),Testimony (twice upon a time), the 1st Doctor (twice upon a time).

Summer

£3-Doctor Who CMF
1- The 13th Doctor (Resolution) with scarf, sonic and Psychic paper
2- The 3rd Doctor ( The Sea Devils) with sonic and sword
3- The 4th Doctor (Logopolis) With new long scarf piece
4-The 5th Doctor (the five doctors) 
5-The 6th Doctor (Mark of the Rani)
6-The 8th Doctor ( Night of the Doctor)
7-The 9th Doctor (Fathers Day) with sonic and banana
8- Sea devil (The Sea Devils) with a new belt piece with a stud in the centre and a heat ray.
9- Strax as a butler (Deep Breath) with a sontaran blaster also included in the scout ship set.
10- Madame Vastra (deep breath) with sword
11- Jenny (deep breath) with with sword
12- blon fel-fotch passameer-day slitheen (using faun legs, new arm mold and a new head mold)
13- Roman Auton Rory (the big bang) with gladius and new hand part to resemble an auton gun hand.
14- Judoon Captain (Smith and Jones) with pistol and scanner
15-King James the first of England (The Witchhunters)
16- Susan Foreman (The Daleks)
17- Romana 2 (Destiny of the Daleks)
18- The Master (The Sea Devils) with a sword.
19- The Master (last of the time lords) with laser screwdriver and a Toclafane made from printed ball joint and a translucent clear stand
20-The Curator (Day of the Doctor)
21-Ood Sigma (the end of time)
22- River Song (The Big Bang) with pistol and fez.

£10 Picnic of the Doctor- comes with a pinic and a forest portal - Minifigs: The 10th Doctor (the day of the Doctor), Queen Elizibeth the First, a Zygon and a rabbit.
£35 Timelord war concil- comes with war council room and a pillar for each of the first 13 doctor's messages and a dalek hoverbout- minifigs: The War Doctor(Day of the Doctor), The General, Time lord solider x2, Time war Dalek

Winter second year

£7 The Doctor's Trial- bulid is partial trail room- minifigs: The 2nd Doctor(the war games), Time lord (The war games)
£10- Cybermen battle pack - build is mini conversion chamber - minifigs: 3 cybus cybermen with new cybermat part
£25- Tardis interior - comes with a partial 13th doctor's console room featuring the entrance and the console- minifigs: the 13th doctor without coat (demons of the punjab), Yaz (Demons of the punjab), the Kerblam man.
£30-Doomsday- build is void ship, genesis ark and the void door with magnaclamps - minifigs: the 10th Doctor with 3d glasses (Doomsday), Rose (Doomsday), Mickey as Samuel (Doomsday), The Cyberleader, Dalek Sec, Dalek Jast.
£90-Dalek ship (remembrance of the Daleks)- Imperial Daleks ship from remberance of the Daleks with the hand of omega- minifigs- The 7th Doctor, Ace, Davros(emperor), special weapons Dalek, Imperial Dalek x2, Renegade Dalek 

Edited by Agent Kallus

For anyone that has seen the lego movie 2 already, does the doctor make an appearance as was rumored long ago? And if so which incarnation? You might want to use to spoiler function when answering (if there is one)

46948376501_085972751e_b.jpg

The official TLG Dalek builds were both a bit too huge for my liking. I've tried a few different deigns of my own and I've now settled on one I like. Sadly the hinge plate that makes up the back side of the dalek isn't available in dark tan/brick yellow (yet) but there are plenty of good dalek colour schemes this design works for . There is a bit of the lipstick's colour sticking out but that's only because the 1x2 curved plate with hollow studs isn't in Ldd yet.

On 1/31/2019 at 3:50 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

For anyone that has seen the lego movie 2 already, does the doctor make an appearance as was rumored long ago? And if so which incarnation? You might want to use to spoiler function when answering (if there is one)

Spoiler

I haven't seen it but I read that 12 and the Tardis are in it (Which is a shame as I was hoping for a new doctor incarnation (not 11 or 12) so that we might get another Doctor minifig.)

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 hour ago, NathanR said:

@Agent Kallus Nice Dalek design! Great shaping and I really like the egg whisk as the exterminator gun.  This was my take on the dalek from a few years back, a little bit too squared off but still recognisable: https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/yDp2l67GvMV

He looks so cute:wub: You guys both made very nice designs, I never was a big fan of the official desins  (I like the dimensions one even better than the one in the actual set xD)

On 11/17/2018 at 9:31 PM, Whovastron said:

How do you know it sold poorly?

10 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

How do you know it sold poorly?

Because it shelf warmed like crazy. Doctor Who hasn’t been a popular merchandising property for a long time. It’s own official toyline hasn’t even had a wide release wave of figures since 2012, retailers just can shift ‘em. Lego may have done marginally better, but people just aren’t interested.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

Because it shelf warmed like crazy.

Oh. I thought you might have actual data, like specific sales numbers or estimates of how it sold vs. how it was hoped or expected to sell.

5 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Oh. I thought you might have actual data, like specific sales numbers or estimates of how it sold vs. how it was hoped or expected to sell.

There’s some info in this topic that says it sold less than than expected

I don't think we'll see a move on Doctor Who by LEGO. Don't think it did well enough and Doctor Who has sucked for some years now. Some years back closer to the 9th and 10th Doctor it was in a revitalizing wave and had TONS of merch everywhere. But that seems to be over. 

Opinion of the current state of the show aside, the franchise is factually in a ditch right now and hasn't been as big for a while. Nowhere near as big. You used to see (in the UK) toy stores and nerd stores FILLED with Doctor Who stuff but it's just not true anymore. And even IF it were still as popular I don't think it had the international appeal required for a LEGO franchise to do really well. Doctor Who has always had a small fraction of the following outside of the UK (and I say that as someone who watched it in the US when I was a kid).

I'd love a collection of all the Doctor Minifigures. But at this point, it's not going to happen. 

2 hours ago, BrickG said:

I don't think we'll see a move on Doctor Who by LEGO. Don't think it did well enough and Doctor Who has sucked for some years now. Some years back closer to the 9th and 10th Doctor it was in a revitalizing wave and had TONS of merch everywhere. But that seems to be over. 

Opinion of the current state of the show aside, the franchise is factually in a ditch right now and hasn't been as big for a while. Nowhere near as big. You used to see (in the UK) toy stores and nerd stores FILLED with Doctor Who stuff but it's just not true anymore. And even IF it were still as popular I don't think it had the international appeal required for a LEGO franchise to do really well. Doctor Who has always had a small fraction of the following outside of the UK (and I say that as someone who watched it in the US when I was a kid).

I'd love a collection of all the Doctor Minifigures. But at this point, it's not going to happen. 

Yeah, the Lego Doctor Who stuff was atleast 2 years too late, after the 50th Anniversary the show really declined in popularity. And changing trends in the toy industry. And the terrible handing by their major licence holder, Character Options, have led to toy based merch making basically no profit and the shops being barren.

however, series 11 had the highest viewing figures since series 1 back in 2005, so who knows what could happen.

5 hours ago, BrickG said:

Rats! I wish LEGO would at least make Doctor Who BrickHeadz.

With the new announcement of Doctor Who going to Disney plus does anyone think they might do another Lego set? It seems the BBC wants to heavily market the next season and with it being the 60 year anniversary Lego might do a special set to honour the occasion.