Sir Gareth

Doctor Who General Discussion

If LEGO Made Another Doctor Who Set...  

215 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. (After the Tenth) Which Doctor Would You Most Want?

• The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    • The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    • The War Doctor - John Hurt
    • The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
  2. 2. Which of the Tenth Doctor's Companions Would You Want?

Lego always has some pretty cool exclusives at the San Diego Comic Con in July and I would not be surprised one bit if one of them this year is all of the Doctor minifigs in the Lego Dimensions game.

That would be terrible. Hopefully if anything they do a minifig of an 11th or 12th Doctor costume variant, like 11 in his green or purple coats or without his tweed jacket.

I hope they do another but I don't know if they will! Hopefully Dimensions will bring us more figures.

That would be terrible. Hopefully if anything they do a minifig of an 11th or 12th Doctor costume variant, like 11 in his green or purple coats or without his tweed jacket.

Yeah, minifigures of every Doctor shouldn't be exclusives but released worldwide as a set similar to Character Options' 11 Doctors action figure set.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

I would be ok with blind bags but I don't think we'll ever see that.

I don't know- we got Simpsons of all things, which other than Dimensions doesn't even have a mass retail toyline, so I think a Doctor Who blindpack wave could certainly happen.

I don't know- we got Simpsons of all things, which other than Dimensions doesn't even have a mass retail toyline, so I think a Doctor Who blindpack wave could certainly happen.

Here is to hoping that it might eventually happen.

I never understood the market for the Simpsons stuff. It seems like Doctor Who would probably do better than the Simpsons but that is just my opinion.

Here is to hoping that it might eventually happen.

I never understood the market for the Simpsons stuff. It seems like Doctor Who would probably do better than the Simpsons but that is just my opinion.

I dunno, it really comes down to one simple thing- a lot of people who don't watch the Simpsons bought the Lego figures because they're a bit iconic, a bit cool and very different from everything else we've gotten in Lego. Would the same be true for Doctor Who? Would non-fans be interested in a Minifigure Series line? I highly doubt it. Kids, at least in the US would be confused and disinterested, I could see non-DW ALFs buying some just for the pieces, but, as the only Doctor Who fan in my group of Lego loving friends, I'm pretty certain that none of them would buy any. There's no gateway.

Everyone knows Homer, Bart, Marge, etc, so even non fans would buy one or two of the iconic ones, and then they'd buy some more of the characters that they don't know just because they look cool. If the series had some weird aliens or something? Maybe they'd buy those. If not, I can see it being ultimately lost.

But hey, if they actually do make it, I'd go nuts. There's nothing I want more in Lego than more Doctor Who (except One Piece, of course.)

I dunno, it really comes down to one simple thing- a lot of people who don't watch the Simpsons bought the Lego figures because they're a bit iconic, a bit cool and very different from everything else we've gotten in Lego. Would the same be true for Doctor Who? Would non-fans be interested in a Minifigure Series line? I highly doubt it. Kids, at least in the US would be confused and disinterested, I could see non-DW ALFs buying some just for the pieces, but, as the only Doctor Who fan in my group of Lego loving friends, I'm pretty certain that none of them would buy any. There's no gateway.

Everyone knows Homer, Bart, Marge, etc, so even non fans would buy one or two of the iconic ones, and then they'd buy some more of the characters that they don't know just because they look cool. If the series had some weird aliens or something? Maybe they'd buy those. If not, I can see it being ultimately lost.

But hey, if they actually do make it, I'd go nuts. There's nothing I want more in Lego than more Doctor Who (except One Piece, of course.)

I can't speak for U.S. but here in the UK everybody knows the Doctor, Daleks, Cybermen, the Master, Sontarans, Silurians, Zygons, Ice Warriors, Autons, Sarah Jane Smith, K9 and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. There's lots of iconic characters they could do.

I think the prints for the costumes alone would attract a lot of minifig customizers, like you mentioned. Not to mention LEGO could make a lot of the figures out of existing parts, so that's less they have to pay for new molds.

EDIT: Here, this is how I see a minifig series working:

1st Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v1- smiling and stern face prints, new mold Sonic, LEGO Dimensions printing

2nd Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v1- happy and stern face prints, same Sonic as 1st Doctor, LEGO Dimensions body printing

3rd Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v2- happy and stern face prints, second new mold Sonic , LEGO Dimensions body printing

4th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v2- closed-mouth smiling and open-mouth smiling face prints, new mold hat/hair, new mold scarf, same sonic as 3rd Doctor but with different deco, LEGO Dimensions body printing

5th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v2- smiling and glasses face prints, same Sonic as 3rd and 4th Doctors, LEGO Dimensions body printing

6th Doctor with Rainbow Umbrella- angry and calm face prints, LEGO Dimensions body printing

7th Doctor with Question Mark umbrella- smiling and frowning face prints, new mold hat/hair piece and new mold umbrella handle, LEGO Dimensions body printing

8th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v2- smiling and frowning face prints, same sonic as 3rd, 4th and 5th Doctors, LEGO Dimensions body printing

War Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v1- smiling and frowning face prints, same sonic as 1st and 2nd Doctors with different deco, LEGO Dimensions body printing

9th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v3 and psychic paper- smiling and frowning face prints, psychic paper is printed 1x1 tile, new mold hair/forehead piece, new mold Sonic, LEGO Dimensions body printing

10th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v3- smiling and 3D glasses face prints, same sonic as 9th Doctor, LEGO Dimensions body printing

11th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v4 and mop- same faces as Ideas figure, same sonic as Ideas/Dimensions 12th Doctor, new print series 7B outfit

12th Doctor with Sonic Screwdriver v4- new smiling and frowning face prints, same sonic and hairpiece as Ideas/Dimensions figure, new print unbuttoned series 8/9 outfit

Clara Oswald- new print face, new mold hairpiece, new print outfit [Possibly replace her with an enemy such as the Silence or Weeping Angel variants?]

Cyberman- same as Dimensions Cyberman but with additional arm printing

Zygon- new mold head/body “sandwich” piece, uses Dimensions design

Edited by LegoTFGuy

I think the most likely minifigs to come out of anything DW now are the new companion and Missy, I don't know if anyone considers the new companion a spoiler but I've come up short being able to make a custom considering the lack of fitting pieces.

I know that the hair color doesn't fully match but we can at least have the Doctor wearing the fez on top of his hair with this piece.

i

Huh, that actually doesn't look half bad. And hey, his hair is combed the right way! Here's hoping on the off change LEGO re-releases the 11th Doctor they re-use this hair piece in the proper color.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

Huh, that actually doesn't look half bad. And hey, his hair is combed the right way! Here's hoping on the off change LEGO re-releases the 11th Doctor they re-use this hair piece in the proper color.

We can only hope they re-release him at some point but who knows if that will happen or not.

I still want a 10th Doctor though. Is this the blue suit that some people have used to make a custom one, or is it another one?

I've used that blue suit. It's from a Valentine's Day set that came out last year. It's actually not bad for parts for the price and the aforementioned suit. Just find a head with cocky grin and even the Mutt Williams hair and it's done.

I think this head might work well- it's included with Ant-Man, which I switched out for an Indiana Jones head since I thought it was a better match anyway.

I this head has always been my favorite for ten. It's the best one with sideburns

Edited by LegoPercyJ

I hope it's okay if I post this but I made a mock up of a better, more accurate tweak of Twelve and hope that if they do more DW sets in the future that they might go with something more like this:

S8:

AelibJ0.png

S9:

ITJNvq4.png

note: these are obviously not official images.

I know that the hair color doesn't fully match but we can at least have the Doctor wearing the fez on top of his hair with this piece.

i

It looks quite similar to his series 5 hair so not totally different.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

It's too bad half the pieces used in dimensions don't even exist, definitely another reason they should do a Doctor Who CMF.

On another subject:

nUrqBCb.jpg

has anyone been able to, for a lack of a better word; "de-piece" these consoles from dimensions?

the color isn't made but I can compensate with grey, the base seems to be made of 3 levels of 2x2 flat hinge pieces but the rest, aside from the flat top pieces, are a mystery to me. I'd love to make something based off these though.

Edited by legotardis