Sir Gareth

Doctor Who General Discussion

If LEGO Made Another Doctor Who Set...  

215 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. (After the Tenth) Which Doctor Would You Most Want?

• The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    • The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    • The War Doctor - John Hurt
    • The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
  2. 2. Which of the Tenth Doctor's Companions Would You Want?

I have been playing dimensions today, the designs of the Sultarans, the Zygons and the Lizard lady whos name I am too tired to recall look incredible.

Davros' face is also well done, and he has chair...

Could be something that is in the pipeline...

Has anybody else tried modifying their Clara to look more accurate? I love the outfit, but the head and hair just look incredibly generic, and look almost nothing like Clara.

Has anybody else tried modifying their Clara to look more accurate? I love the outfit, but the head and hair just look incredibly generic, and look almost nothing like Clara.

I don't know about the head, but I'd suggest using this hair if it came in the right color, but it doesn't. The next suggestion I can think of is this hair, but that's not quite right either, even though it comes in the right color. I thought she always had shoulder length hair, but on googling her I discovered that's not always the case, so I'm not sure what to suggest. a piece with bangs might look better on her than one without them, though.

Finished my Doctor Who set that I got for myself as a Christmas present and I love it :wub:

Apart from the Cyberman Dimensions pack is there any rumour or anything of more Doctor Who stuff? ...Please Lego..? :cry_happy:

Finished my Doctor Who set that I got for myself as a Christmas present and I love it :wub:

Apart from the Cyberman Dimensions pack is there any rumour or anything of more Doctor Who stuff? ...Please Lego..? :cry_happy:

Given the massive success of the Ideas and Dimensions level pack sets, I'll be very surprised if there's no more LEGO Doctor Who. At the very least, I'd expect Clara Oswald and Missy fun packs.

Bought one set myself. Had another one as a christmas gift. If i had the funds, i would surely buy at least 4 more sets. First of all for the weeping angels. One can never have enough if recreating scenes from the series. Second to have enough sonic screwdrivers for every Doctor there have ever been. Even though they are the same.

Third, parts are great. Printed parts are awesome.

Price might be a bit on the top. But its an Ideas set.

To me this has been designed by a fellow Whovian. If not he did a damn good job. And im talking about the LEGO Designer, not the Ideas build.

Oh, and the Christmas special was excellent as well. I too got cross arms ! :classic:

Is the flooring of the Eleventh/Twelfth Doctor's TARDIS more light grey, or dark grey like the official set? I'm personally leaning towards light grey, but I can't tell.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Is the flooring of the Eleventh/Twelfth Doctor's TARDIS more light grey, or dark grey like the official set? I'm personally leaning towards light grey, but I can't tell.

I'm doing my version in light grey for the main console floor, but the surrounding edges will be dark bluish grey.

Anyone else put a boat stud on the bottom of their TARDIS and spin it like a top?

Or is that just me?

:blush:

Well... Who can't resist swooshing the TARDIS around the depths of Space and Time? :grin:

I'm doing my version in light grey for the main console floor, but the surrounding edges will be dark bluish grey.

Agreed, if you look at this picture the floor is clearly light grey: http://www.roblox.com/Brand-New-2013-TARDIS-Interior-item?id=129468886

I have been playing dimensions today, the designs of the Sultarans, the Zygons and the Lizard lady whos name I am too tired to recall look incredible.

Davros' face is also well done, and he has chair...

Could be something that is in the pipeline...

Yeah, Davros would make a good fun pack. You could have the 12th Doctor in Davros's chair again too!

No. I think Clara looks fine the way she is.

Anyone else put a boat stud on the bottom of their TARDIS and spin it like a top?

Or is that just me?

:blush:

Well... Who can't resist swooshing the TARDIS around the depths of Space and Time? :grin:

Agreed, if you look at this picture the floor is clearly light grey: http://www.roblox.co...em?id=129468886

Oh god .... I need to do that also, would make a great meditation thingy, beside my bed. :laugh:

I so cant wait to se that. Surroundings are just me you know. :wub:

And yes its indeed more light grey compared to what colours we have available with LEGO, imo. :classic:

Edited by KlodsBrik

Here's a silly question. What existing Lego sets can be used to represent locations that the Doctor has visited? Obviously, he can go anywhere in time and space, so the options are nearly unlimited. But I was wondering if anyone had specific ideas. There's not really much of a selection of Victorian England Lego sets ha ha.

Here's a silly question. What existing Lego sets can be used to represent locations that the Doctor has visited? Obviously, he can go anywhere in time and space, so the options are nearly unlimited. But I was wondering if anyone had specific ideas. There's not really much of a selection of Victorian England Lego sets ha ha.

I use a modified Santa's Workshop as Christmas, Trenzalore.

Very nice Sir Gareth :thumbup: The new floor is a lot more accurate and I like the modifications you made to the walls and console.

How about the Pirates of the Caribbean sets?

Just out (or about to be) is Ava from Nexo Knights. Her hairpiece seems fairly accurate for series 8 Clara. Here's a link to Ava: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=nex006#T=S&O={}

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

Just out (or about to be) is Ava from Nexo Knights. Her hairpiece seems fairly accurate for Series 8 Clara. Here's a link to Ava: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=nex006#T=S&O={}

What color is Ava's hairpiece? It seems to fluctuate between reddish and dark brown from image to image.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I decided to make some alterations to my daleks to make them look rounder in the back. I took off the black single stud plates under the 1x2 plates on the base and replaced them with 1x2 slopes with plate-high connectors. I also replaced the dark tan 1x2 plates under the 2x2 plates with 1x2 plates with rails. The back doesn't look nearly as flat now that I've done that. I'm glad that rail plate came in the right color, because I wasn't sure it did at first.

Has anyone found a good custom alternative to the weeping angel wings? They look pretty rubbish.

Ive been looking at every possible DW MOC that ive come across for the last many many years, as well as ive been making DW Builds myself. And im sad to say that the solution for the weeping angels in the LEGO Ideas set is probably the closest we get. That said im satisfied for exactly the above mentioned reason. Dont think that there is other pieces that will make them look better than they already does.

Some custom decals or custom pieces would be the solution to go for in order to improve them.

What color is Ava's hairpiece? It seems to fluctuate between reddish and dark brown from image to image.

Having looked through several pictures im pretty sure its reddish brown.

Edited by KlodsBrik