Sir Gareth

Doctor Who General Discussion

If LEGO Made Another Doctor Who Set...  

215 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. (After the Tenth) Which Doctor Would You Most Want?

• The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker
    • The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann
    • The War Doctor - John Hurt
    • The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston
  2. 2. Which of the Tenth Doctor's Companions Would You Want?

Anything Doctor Who related (but, not show-related, that belongs in Culture and Multimedia) is welcome here!

To start us off, I need some help:

I've been working on a 9th/10th Doctor TARDIS Interior, and just can't get the console right, mainly the parts that curve along the sides:

22072034661_9d8e68dfb7.jpg

Any ideas?

Edited by Sir Gareth

Have you considered using the 1x2 plate with clip, similar to the ones on the Daleks? Not sure if a dark tan variant of the 1x2 plate with bar exists, but I'd use dark gray with a tan plate/tile on top.post-128081-0-68632700-1444439881_thumb.png

Looking at the photo again, there is a 1x2 dark tan plate with bar included on the model, my apologies.

Edited by Jacob_9821

I assume you have seen how thye did it in dimensions? its not corved but you should alteats check it out if you havent.

I would probably try and sort something out with the 1x2 curved piece they se at the base of the daleks.

2jeyb1x.png

e5h2qd.jpg

Edited by deskp

I made my own version of 9/10's Tardis interior, and I'll share a picture when I get the chance, but it's pretty much the Ideas one, but with dark tan instead of light bluish grey, well, for the buttons/levers bit.

Edited by IronFish

Thank you all for your suggestions!

Have you considered using the 1x2 plate with clip, similar to the ones on the Daleks? Not sure if a dark tan variant of the 1x2 plate with bar exists, but I'd use dark gray with a tan plate/tile on top.

This is actually what I used originally, but it just looked too skimpy.

I settled on a design that's a mix of the IDEAS set and everyone's suggestions. I'll post pictures once I finish it.

I also added a poll to the thread, so please take a moment to vote.

I see we could vote for multiples, so I saw no reason not to just vote for all of them, since I would indeed like all incarnations of the Doctor. Am I the only one who realized we could vote for as many as we like?

If I were forced to narrow it down to just a few, I think I'd go with:

• Four (Tom Baker), as he was my first Doctor and also had the longest run

• Five (Peter Davison), as he's my wife's personal favorite and another "classic" Doctor

• The War Doctor (John Hurt), as this would also naturally provide the ideal head for a purist custom Dr. Harold Oxley, from Indiana Jones - the character was never included in any of the sets, and I'm a huge Indy fan

• and Ten (David Tennant), as he's another favorite of mine and probably the one I'm most familiar with at this point, as well as being able to give us an uninterrupted three-incarnation string since we already are getting both Eleven and Twelve.

Oh, also the poll lists Patrick Troughton a second time instead of Jon Pertwee. Can that be fixed?

My bad; was in a hurry, and missed that.

Testing out some hair, the superman hair is a lot like what doctor had in season 7, and the shaggy hair works well for season 5. real shame those hairmolds aren't in dark brown yet.

14o7sd4.pngEdit: updated with zombie hair.

(some of the faces have gotten a little messed up in my photoshopping)

Edited by deskp

Testing out some hair, the superman hair is a lot like what doctor had in season 7, and the shaggy hair works well for season 5. real shame those hairmolds aren't in dark brown yet.

33wbh1s.png

(some of the faces have gotten a little messed up in my photoshopping)

Why not the zombie businessman's from cmf series 14? https://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=120&itemID=138304

I'm currently using it and it looks fantastic!

Please share an image, I thought that hair would work well for certain 10th doctor hairstyles.

Unfortunately that's a little difficult at the moment due to limited access to my collection, camera, etc. It's not too hard to imagine.... plus I think the cmf s6 Sleepyhead hair is much better suited for the Tenth Doctor, no?

plus I think the cmf s6 Sleepyhead hair is much better suited for the Tenth Doctor, no?

Yes, for his msot iconic hair yes, but there are those times he got his bangs down and messy instead of al up.

Yes, for his msot iconic hair yes, but there are those times he got his bangs down and messy instead of al up.

A good example is how he looked in the Day of the Doctor 50th special.

Yeah that's true. Like LEGO dimensions gives him the flat hair. Nonetheless, I definitely say get a zombie businessman, the hair is probably THE most accurate to Matt Smith's.

While we already got 2 variants of him I would like season 9 version of 12th (wearing hoodie and sonic sunglasses, guitar also wouldn't hurt). 5th, 10th and War Doctors would also be great.

While speaking of what minifigs we would like to get I would love to get Missy.

While we already got 2 variants of him I would like season 9 version of 12th (wearing hoodie and sonic sunglasses, guitar also wouldn't hurt). 5th, 10th and War Doctors would also be great.

While speaking of what minifigs we would like to get I would love to get Missy.

If we do get more sets, i'd hope every 12th doctor set got at least 1 other doctor in it aswell.

If we do get more sets, i'd hope every 12th doctor set got at least 1 other doctor in it aswell.

Why, when no previous Doctor is in the episode the set would be based on unless its Deep Breath?

Why, when no previous Doctor is in the episode the set would be based on unless its Deep Breath?

Nah, it should be more like that "sw golden 3po" thing they had way back when, except it's not a limited number, but you just happen to get that doctor exclusively as like a "bonus figure" in the set. That way it would be available for everyone and would encourage people to buy ALL the sets even if the same current doctor like Mr. Capaldi is in different sets. Like, maybe a Zygon set based on the upcoming episode from series 9 that includes the 4th Doctor as the bonus fig (since they're more often than not associated with his era) and the graveyard with cybermen from series 8 Dark water with the doctor, clara, master and either 1st, 2nd or fifth doctor as the extra doctor minifig included!

How about a set with the 4th, 9th, 10th, and War Doctor, along with Rose, Sarah Jane, and a brick-built K9?

Or would two seperate sets be better? One with the 9th, 10th, and War Doctor, along with Rose, and another with the 4th Doctor, Sarah Jane, and K-9.

Got a 9/10th doctor tardis console moc based on the general build from dimensions:

11wczrq.png

Edited by deskp