BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

Wait what? ANOTHER SET PUSHED BACK TO AUGUST!!! Lmao, Harry Potter for June for me I guess

Brickset and New Elementary have posted reviews of it as well, if you're interested in a closer look at all three models.

> The 3 different models can be attached to each other to create an eye-catching mega castle if 3 separate boxes are purchased.

Official confirmation that they link. Shame there’s no picture of the mega castle. 

Especially after seeing the Review (Brickset) 3-in-1 Castle just remains the best set of 2021 for me , last year I was hyped about the Pirate Ship, initially wanted to get 3, but then I saw the size comparison with the Barracuda (which I got later) and don't regret getting that one (in Ship Mode especially).

However, this set, for sure is a big multi-build for me (with parts from itself and other sets/themes of recent times, 3in1 had a fair amount of yellow/brown/darkblue  in recent sets, I don't mind the colorful appearance, after all Nexo Knights was colorful and got me back into LEGO.

I loved the IDEAS Blacksmith for sure, but I can already see use for the parts to extend this to some form of smaller Guarded Inn/Stable type build instead, Blacksmith just has some nice generic color parts that will go well with MOCs like this, and Blue/Darkblue just goes well with Nexo/Falcons etc.

Will probably turn some combination of Lava Monsters / Ninjago Season 13 into a villain base at some point (Skull Dungeon + Jestro's Lair).

And then there's the crowdfunding for Castle in the Forest soon enough, this year so far looks like a good Castle year and hopefully more to come from IDEAS / Creator and more.

Edited by TeriXeri

51 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I loved the IDEAS Blacksmith for sure, but I can already see use for the parts to extend this to some form of smaller Guarded Inn/Stable type build instead, Blacksmith just has some nice generic color parts that will go well with MOCs like this, and Blue/Darkblue just goes well with Nexo/Falcons etc.

I think the blacksmith set is better deal for parts for those of us who MOC.  But this 3-in-1 castle looks terrific and will be a day 1 (in August :pirate-sad) purchase for me.  I too am super excited about the castle sets in the Bricklink Designer program.  2021 will be the best year for LEGO castle in a long time.

Well...  It looks like the LEGO store employee that told me August a couple of months ago is a good source of information.  I have waited 8 years for 2021's offerings.  I can wait a little longer.

I just hope these sets sell so well that TLG changes their mind and considers a full castle theme again.  Fingers crossed.  Anyone want to make a prediction of how many pages this thread will be by the time we get a full castle theme released again?  Put me down for 167 pages...  My prediction takes all of the pre-release hype discussion into account...  :wink:

From the very moment I first saw the Creator castle, I thought the part of the build right above the smithy, the living quarters of sorts, reminded me of something, but I wasn't quite sure what. Now I know, and can't unsee it: it's a gypsy wagon! Add some wheels and a horse, and it could roll on a happy journey. Well, it already has one huge wheel, so it only needs three more...

I does look a bit like a gypsy wagon. 

AFOL day at the LEGO store this weekend in the USA.  I suppose I will get a couple more blacksmith sets because I have nothing else to buy until August.  

On 5/26/2021 at 8:21 AM, DaleDVM said:

I does look a bit like a gypsy wagon. 

AFOL day at the LEGO store this weekend in the USA.  I suppose I will get a couple more blacksmith sets because I have nothing else to buy until August.  

would harry potter be close enough

On 5/17/2021 at 5:57 PM, DaleDVM said:

I just hope these sets sell so well that TLG changes their mind and considers a full castle theme again. 

I don't know, I get the feeling LEGO is more like "we are no longer interested in Castle as a fully-fledged LEGO theme, but have this instead" rather than them using a single set to determine if Castle as a LEGO theme is still viable. Even if this set sells exceptionally well, that still won't gurantee a full range of Castle sets also would. 

If the LEGO designers are to be believed, then I assume for the time being we'll have to be pleased with just occasional one-off sets like this one. 

Harry Potter has the right concept, with Castle rooms / Walls / Sets, that connect horizontally and vertically, it's just not a Castle theme replacement .

LEGO has the designs, the parts, and even the Castle theme shows up in media , the LEGOLAND parks and LEGO Masters shows.

Now, of course there are castle(s) via the AFOL program , but that isn't the same as a line of sets.

2021 isn't the worst of years in terms of Castle, but the chances of return of regular wave of sets for Classic themes seems small right now.

I don't want to be negative for Harry Potter fans of course, as the theme did have a break from 2011-2018, but right now it's going strong.

If anything, the minimum that would already be nice would be a few small sets with figures and horses from various factions to be used with the Blacksmith and/or 3in1 set while they are being sold, and Knights/horses isn't something harry potter is really doing either.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/29/2021 at 10:54 AM, TeriXeri said:

Harry Potter has the right concept, with Castle rooms / Walls / Sets, that connect horizontally and vertically, it's just not a Castle theme replacement .

LEGO has the designs, the parts, and even the Castle theme shows up in media , the LEGOLAND parks and LEGO Masters shows.

Now, of course there are castle(s) via the AFOL program , but that isn't the same as a line of sets.

2021 isn't the worst of years in terms of Castle, but the chances of return of regular wave of sets for Classic themes seems small right now.

I don't want to be negative for Harry Potter fans of course, as the theme did have a break from 2011-2018, but right now it's going strong.

If anything, the minimum that would already be nice would be a few small sets with figures and horses from various factions to be used with the Blacksmith and/or 3in1 set while they are being sold, and Knights/horses isn't something harry potter is really doing either.

It’s confusing, I get nostalgic everytime I go to a Legoland, I get emotional seeing the Medieval decorations, I had my kids birthday party there this saturday and just seeing the rides and dark rides I love it.  

Thanks to the theming my kids call the castle theming “forest” look daddy I want to build a castle but they don’t get all that etc.

I’m sad like everyone on the churning on and off of the Pirates/Castle Theme but still at the end of the day i miss the regular waves, more than anything, buying the Chess sets with perfect figures to upgrade your army building, the Pirates of the barracuda bay helped with the right amount of pirates that could be used with the only 3 we got in the Creator 3 in 1 set, but same thing happens with castle, the medieval blacksmith only gave us 2 knights and so will the creator 3 in 1 castle.  

Can’t really complain though, now it’s easier to buy the knights from both sets through bricks and pieces but still hehe I wish more were included

For those who really want to know Lego Creator 31120 Medieval Castle B&P are out in the US Store 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

For those who really want to know Lego Creator 31120 Medieval Castle B&P are out in the US Store 🤣🤣🤣

I figured that would be the case. They'd like show up at target 😄

1 hour ago, Shroffy123 said:

My target usually slacks off on these, I have a better chance of snagging one at Legoland but no one knows stuff about Lego there so asking questions is always an Huh!? Lolol.  Would love to have some good insight

1 hour ago, Shroffy123 said:

The set won't be in actual stores till August in the US.  The pieces are up on B@P on the lego website.  

On 6/1/2021 at 8:13 PM, zoth33 said:

The set won't be in actual stores till August in the US.  The pieces are up on B@P on the lego website.  

Just snagged the digital manual from a different region, WOWOW I’m gonna have a blast! With that said though I never realized despite the numerous amount of times looking at the pics, that there’s an entire side with moss/grass on one side! now I definitely plan on buying 2 just to make a symmetrical castle hehe

Any images of the three different builds with three copies of the set combined into one yet?  Trying to decide if I buy one or three.

Wait so has anybody bought this set in Europe?  That’s a good point Lacdaran, I was happy with 2 but 3 sets for each build 😭

OMG it feels amazing to see something Castle in a long time!! I would only change the “market, the windmill to face the inside of the castle lolol It’s the super castle we need!!!

Edited by eldiano