BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, valon said:

i personally like fantasy castle as well as historcal and do not prefer one over the other. I think that people who only like on of the two, might prefer the one that they like less to nothing

 

2 hours ago, valon said:

but fantasy has historical elements so they should like part of it at least

 

But then they don't like only one of the two as your argument was set up, they already like aspects of them both. If they only like one of the two, then they like one and don't like the other.

Plus fantasy does not have to have historical elements. Fantasy can also be present day, futuristic, space, alternative universes and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MAB said:

 

 

But then they don't like only one of the two as your argument was set up, they already like aspects of them both. If they only like one of the two, then they like one and don't like the other.

Plus fantasy does not have to have historical elements. Fantasy can also be present day, futuristic, space, alternative universes and so on.

what i ment was, if you like historical and your favorite theme is kingdoms, you probably also would like the fanatasy era castle, even if it has mythcial creatures and even if you do not like the other sets. I ment that a historical castle fan might like a fantasy castle theme more then nothing not a fantasy something else theme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And putting unwanted fantasy elements into builds and into the characters (minifigs plus dragons, trolls, etc) will mean that those sets are not cost effective for a few bits of castle like parts. Historical castle fans that MOC are just as likely to want to buy Star Wars sets for grey parts as they are fantasy castle sets if they don't like the fantasy element. Plus, if fantasy castle sets are on shelves then they would be seen as stopping historical castle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the people here really want to see the return of Castle in some form, the new LEGO World Builder platform is the way to go. There are already a few good Castle/Fantasy projects on the site that would be worth taking a look at:

The Three Kingdoms  by micromodelmaker.

LEGO Enchanted Realms  by princesspooka.

LEGO Elios (Role Play Adventures) by joghurt89. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raya and the Last Dragon images just surfaced on IG. Three sets so far. Seems to be Asian high fantasy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, today the summer lists leaked and no Mythica whatsoever :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robert8 said:

Well, today the summer lists leaked and no Mythica whatsoever :sad:

Was there any solid chance for there to be sets based on Mythica? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well, today the summer lists leaked and no Mythica whatsoever :sad:

maybe mythica would be a code name theme were there any theme with code name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's good news for us Castle fans:

Promobricks posted that in summer there's going to be 31120 Creator 3 in 1 Medieval Castle. :thumbup:

I bet that it will be similar in price, size and build-up like last year's Creator 3 in 1 Pirates Ship. Do you think that the Medieval Castle will include the new Black Falcon torsos from the Ideas Blacksmith Shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

There's good news for us Castle fans:

Promobricks posted that in summer there's going to be 31120 Creator 3 in 1 Medieval Castle. :thumbup:

I bet that it will be similar in price, size and build-up like last year's Creator 3 in 1 Pirates Ship. Do you think that the Medieval Castle will include the new Black Falcon torsos from the Ideas Blacksmith Shop?

That's interesting hopefully it will have some decent figs.  If they are black falcon again its going to be a good year for black falcon fans.  Interested in seeing what the castle will look like too.  

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Well, today the summer lists leaked and no Mythica whatsoever :sad:

That is a bummer.  Hoping for something in the fall or winter then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

There's good news for us Castle fans:

Promobricks posted that in summer there's going to be 31120 Creator 3 in 1 Medieval Castle. :thumbup:

I bet that it will be similar in price, size and build-up like last year's Creator 3 in 1 Pirates Ship. Do you think that the Medieval Castle will include the new Black Falcon torsos from the Ideas Blacksmith Shop?

i wonder if it will be fantasy or historical. I like both, but since nexo knights only had good fantasy parts and the good guys were stupid, i hope it is historic. Also, just curios, i have read on other threads that you like historical only what did you think of 2013 castle ? beside the dragon and wizard it was historical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

There's good news for us Castle fans:

Promobricks posted that in summer there's going to be 31120 Creator 3 in 1 Medieval Castle. :thumbup:

I bet that it will be similar in price, size and build-up like last year's Creator 3 in 1 Pirates Ship. Do you think that the Medieval Castle will include the new Black Falcon torsos from the Ideas Blacksmith Shop?

Amazing news! Thank you. :pir-cry_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt there will be much castle-ish in the Creator set, aside from the colours of the parts. Creator sets tend to concentrate on brick-building rather than theme specific items, so while the pirate ship got the odd cannon and cutlass, the parts do not really scream Pirates! at you. I imagine the same will be true of a castle based Creator set. If we're lucky we might get a new torso print but I doubt much else that is new and unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MAB said:

I doubt there will be much castle-ish in the Creator set, aside from the colours of the parts. Creator sets tend to concentrate on brick-building rather than theme specific items, so while the pirate ship got the odd cannon and cutlass, the parts do not really scream Pirates! at you. I imagine the same will be true of a castle based Creator set. If we're lucky we might get a new torso print but I doubt much else that is new and unique.

that would be good, but i am worried that it will be microscale, or how a castle looks today. I hope it looks like a castle in the medieval times though, fantasy or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MAB said:

I doubt there will be much castle-ish in the Creator set, aside from the colours of the parts. Creator sets tend to concentrate on brick-building rather than theme specific items, so while the pirate ship got the odd cannon and cutlass, the parts do not really scream Pirates! at you. I imagine the same will be true of a castle based Creator set. If we're lucky we might get a new torso print but I doubt much else that is new and unique.

Maybe not theme specific, but don't discount recolors. There have been a few new parts that if they came in stone or wood colors would be a great boon to Castle builders. Some years ago I bought the Creator set 5929 which itself was an improvement from the previous Creator set 6193. A $100 3-in-1 set should be quite the parts pack. I even speculated on the possibility of this happening some time ago, because of how Pirates got the Ideas and Creator sets released in tandem.

I actually hope we don't get more Black Falcons torsos with the Creator set. I'm hoping for Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, or even Wolfpack.

Edit: It just occurred to me that a Creator Castle set could make use of the new road plates. Not ideal, but the 8x16 ones could be used for long wall expanses.

Edited by gedren_y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

Maybe not theme specific, but don't discount recolors. There have been a few new parts that if they came in stone or wood colors would be a great boon to Castle builders. Some years ago I bought the Creator set 5929 which itself was an improvement from the previous Creator set 6193. A $100 3-in-1 set should be quite the parts pack. I even speculated on the possibility of this happening some time ago, because of how Pirates got the Ideas and Creator sets released in tandem.

I actually hope we don't get more Black Falcons torsos with the Creator set. I'm hoping for Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, or even Wolfpack.

Yes, it should be a decent parts pack at the very least, so long as they keep the castle like colours. I imagine torsos will be existing ones (like in the pirates set) but I'm hoping for at least one new one (like the pirates set got). I imagine the Black Falcons torso will be on bricks and pieces, so I would not buy a set just for more of those. An old faction torso brought up to date like the Black Falcons one would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Edit: It just occurred to me that a Creator Castle set could make use of the new road plates. Not ideal, but the 8x16 ones could be used for long wall expanses.

I wouldn't really expect something like that in the Creator 3-in-1 theme... generally those sets tend to favor smaller parts that can be reused more creatively in the alternate builds, rather than larger parts like that. I also think that even for another Castle theme, those really wouldn't offer much of an advantage as walls compared to tried-and-true parts like wall panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lyichir said:

I wouldn't really expect something like that in the Creator 3-in-1 theme... generally those sets tend to favor smaller parts that can be reused more creatively in the alternate builds, rather than larger parts like that. I also think that even for another Castle theme, those really wouldn't offer much of an advantage as walls compared to tried-and-true parts like wall panels.

i hope it is a castle like the looked like in the medieval times, with wall panel or not i am worried that it will be how a castle look today or be a microscale castle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, valon said:

i hope it is a castle like the looked like in the medieval times, with wall panel or not i am worried that it will be how a castle look today or be a microscale castle

It will not be micro scale that's not what creator is.  It might be a modern version of a castle but we will find out soon enough.  Either way it should have some decent parts and hopefully decent figs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 2:53 AM, valon said:

i wonder if it will be fantasy or historical. I like both, but since nexo knights only had good fantasy parts and the good guys were stupid, i hope it is historic. Also, just curios, i have read on other threads that you like historical only what did you think of 2013 castle ? beside the dragon and wizard it was historical

I disliked the 2013 Castle theme: The minifigs looked to colorful and cartoonish and the castle looked like a license from a vieo game.

Imo Kingdoms was the til now most historical accurate and nicest looking Castle theme of this century with even some great civilian sets. And the Medieval Market Village was of course stunning, too.

15 hours ago, valon said:

...

See below.

7 hours ago, valon said:

i hope it is a castle like the looked like in the medieval times, with wall panel or not i am worried that it will be how a castle look today or be a microscale castle

Since the set name is "Medieval Castle", I'd das it's obvious that the set will be a non-fantasy castle looking like in the Middle Age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope this does end up being a Black Falcons castle. I’d be surprised if they don’t reuse the torsos from the blacksmith shop; after all the original 2002 version of the blacksmith didn’t even have guard minifigures in it. Just the fact that they have those torsos, which really do seem a bit out of place, implies to me that this Castle is designed as a companion to the blacksmith shop (or vice versa?). Plus, given how much LEGO likes to reuse prints across multiple sets . . I would honestly be very surprised if at least some of the minifigures in the castle weren’t guards that match the ones in the blacksmith shop. (Though I’d also be surprised if every figure was identical, I expect we’ll also get a king, maybe a queen or a ‘guard captain’ with a different outfit . . even bandits?)

Still, I’m interested. I’m too young to really get the nostalgia but I do enjoy seeing all these things that harken back to classic LEGO - makes me feel like I’m part of the tradition, y’now? I skipped the 3-in-1 ship because I still have Misfortune’s Keep and the Ninjago pirate stuff to put with Barracuda Bay, but if it’s as good a castle as I think we’re all hoping I probably will get this one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I really hope this does end up being a Black Falcons castle. I’d be surprised if they don’t reuse the torsos from the blacksmith shop; after all the original 2002 version of the blacksmith didn’t even have guard minifigures in it. Just the fact that they have those torsos, which really do seem a bit out of place, implies to me that this Castle is designed as a companion to the blacksmith shop (or vice versa?). Plus, given how much LEGO likes to reuse prints across multiple sets . . I would honestly be very surprised if at least some of the minifigures in the castle weren’t guards that match the ones in the blacksmith shop. (Though I’d also be surprised if every figure was identical, I expect we’ll also get a king, maybe a queen or a ‘guard captain’ with a different outfit . . even bandits?)

Still, I’m interested. I’m too young to really get the nostalgia but I do enjoy seeing all these things that harken back to classic LEGO - makes me feel like I’m part of the tradition, y’now? I skipped the 3-in-1 ship because I still have Misfortune’s Keep and the Ninjago pirate stuff to put with Barracuda Bay, but if it’s as good a castle as I think we’re all hoping I probably will get this one!

I cannot really see the castle being a companion as such to the blacksmith, given the sizes of the sets. Castles are surely significantly bigger than a blacksmith. No doubt there will be similarities in figures though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.