BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

In the last weeks I built together all three models of the Medieval Castle - so you get an impressive and extremly well looking layout! :thumbup:

Now I hope that next year TLG will offers us in the 18+ range some sort of re-design of the Medieval Market Village to fill in the place inside the castle.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:06 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

In the last weeks I built together all three models of the Medieval Castle - so you get an impressive and extremly well looking layout! :thumbup:

Now I hope that next year TLG will offers us in the 18+ range some sort of re-design of the Medieval Market Village to fill in the place inside the castle.

How much space is there in there? I feel like to even with all three connected together, you probably couldn't fit something MMV-sized in without it looking quite oversized compared to the outside walls.

I think a big 18+ set would probably be better suited to either a standalone castle build of sorts or another big medieval building to complement this year's Blacksmith Shop (perhaps something like a tavern and inn, or a mill and bakery). If they wanted to make something to complement the Creator 3-in-1 set it'd probably be more fitting for that to be a 3-in-1 set with a similar target age range as well.

I hope if they do more this or next year they keep using the "neo-Black Falcons". Either that or bring back another classic faction.

15 hours ago, GameyRaccoon said:

I hope if they do more this or next year they keep using the "neo-Black Falcons". Either that or bring back another classic faction.

I’ll take an updated Kingdoms Lion faction with some medieval common folk.

Quick question, has anyone seen the Lego Creator set 31120 out in the wild in North America? If so from what retailer, I did my daily rounds on local shops to see if anyone stocked up the august toy lines across other brands also and nothing so far, i need to check my local Legoland just in case they sneak it in hehe

58 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Quick question, has anyone seen the Lego Creator set 31120 out in the wild in North America? If so from what retailer, I did my daily rounds on local shops to see if anyone stocked up the august toy lines across other brands also and nothing so far, i need to check my local Legoland just in case they sneak it in hehe

A WalMart in the Indianapolis, Indiana had some out. A friend of mine saw 4 of them at a WalMart in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. 

1 hour ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

A WalMart in the Indianapolis, Indiana had some out. A friend of mine saw 4 of them at a WalMart in the Salt Lake City area of Utah. 

Walmart!!! Interesting, headed up right now, they usually stock mine up on Fridays but let’s hope the toy section stockers are on their A game!! Thanks

23 hours ago, Wurger49 said:

Yeah, I saw people posting the 31120 on reddit, from Walmart. 

Thank you my Goodman, found your posts on Reddit also in regard to your mods 🤣🤣 with that said, ended finding my 31120 today during my second Walmart trip, my first Walmart gave me hopes because they had every single summer wave and found 31119 hidden in the shelves, they also had the entire marvel infinity saga on the top shelves hidden, hit up my second Walmart and there it was by itself the 31120 before the street date, you all know how excited I am about this set ever since I laid my eyes on it 😍😍 even had a dream about it last night hahaha

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

Thank you my Goodman, found your posts on Reddit also in regard to your mods 🤣🤣 with that said, ended finding my 31120 today during my second Walmart trip, my first Walmart gave me hopes because they had every single summer wave and found 31119 hidden in the shelves, they also had the entire marvel infinity saga on the top shelves hidden, hit up my second Walmart and there it was by itself the 31120 before the street date, you all know how excited I am about this set ever since I laid my eyes on it 😍😍 even had a dream about it last night hahaha

haha, awesome that you found it, it's a great fun build. 

Well, the Medieval Castle is Temp out of stock on the website, tried purchasing a second set with no success, my local stores are sold out also, so back to waiting which is a good thing haha I would be down if Lego released a re color version of this set as they are testing waters with the other 3 in 1 sets!! 

Edited by eldiano

7 hours ago, eldiano said:

haha I would be down if Lego released a re color version of this set as they are testing waters with the other 3 in 1 sets!! 

What colour would that be; yellow?! :laugh::tongue:

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hahahaha who knows there’s some fans who didn’t like the vibrant yellow, I’ve seen some pretty amazing recolored mods already!!! Hahaha maybe Lego could take the opportunity to sneak in another faction also hehe

On 8/15/2021 at 6:41 AM, Roebuck said:

Lol

But seriously, if they’re just changing colors now go ahead and make a light (bluish) grey version with some lion knights.  Black version with black monarch knights, etc, etc…

On 8/15/2021 at 6:41 AM, Roebuck said:

Or hot pink?! LOL

I was able to pick up the creator set. Fun to build and looks beautiful! It's been a long time since I've built a proper Lego castle set. Cannot wait until this set restock so I can buy two more. 

I was casually browsing my insta feed when I stumbled upon the mention of a Creator Expert Creator 3 in 1 Viking Ship for 2022 on promobricks! I don't read german well enough to assess precisely where it stands on a scale from rumor to official fact though - somewhere inbetween as far as I can understand. Ideas or more info, anyone? :moar:

(That post is a duplicate of the one I just dropped on the Latest impact on historic themes thread, but, oh well, you can never talk too much about vikings right?)

Edited by Aurore
Thanks icm!

Promobricks doesn't say it's going to be Creator Expert, it says it's going to be Creator 3-in-1 at the $100 price point like the Pirate Ship and the Medieval Castle.

@icm right, thank you! I typed too fast (enthusiasm...). I'm going to update my posts, to avoid causing a desilusion to a fellow airhead who would read too fast...

Edited by Aurore

1 hour ago, Aurore said:

I was casually browsing my insta feed when I stumbled upon the mention of a Creator Expert Creator 3 in 1 Viking Ship for 2022 on promobricks!

AWESOME.

A little worried that they're still neglecting Space but that's a discussion for another sub-forum...

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

I was casually browsing my insta feed when I stumbled upon the mention of a Creator Expert Creator 3 in 1 Viking Ship for 2022 on promobricks! I don't read german well enough to assess precisely where it stands on a scale from rumor to official fact though - somewhere inbetween as far as I can understand. Ideas or more info, anyone? :moar:

(That post is a duplicate of the one I just dropped on the Latest impact on historic themes thread, but, oh well, you can never talk too much about vikings right?)

This is from Safari's translation of the post:

"This is supposed to be a Viking ship including a sea snake, which means above all bad news for all fans of the  ideas design  by our esteemed colleague Jonas Kramm. His Viking ship should have almost no chance of being implemented.

A little consolation perhaps: The LEGO version should probably be quite large and equally chic and look like a modern version of the 7018 Viking ship from 2005. There are six oars and seven round shields per side on the ship, the built sail is red and white. In addition, there will probably be a large green sea snake in the set. The only negative point: As so often, only three figures are included - which seems a bit strange on a ship with twelve rowing places."

But maybe this could elude to something else Viking related coming from ideas? 

Pirates of Barracuda Bay > Creator pirate ship

Medieval Black Smith > Creator Castle

????? > Creator Viking ship? :pir-wub:

28 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

This is from Safari's translation of the post:

"This is supposed to be a Viking ship including a sea snake, which means above all bad news for all fans of the  ideas design  by our esteemed colleague Jonas Kramm. His Viking ship should have almost no chance of being implemented.

A little consolation perhaps: The LEGO version should probably be quite large and equally chic and look like a modern version of the 7018 Viking ship from 2005. There are six oars and seven round shields per side on the ship, the built sail is red and white. In addition, there will probably be a large green sea snake in the set. The only negative point: As so often, only three figures are included - which seems a bit strange on a ship with twelve rowing places."

But maybe this could elude to something else Viking related coming from ideas? 

Pirates of Barracuda Bay > Creator pirate ship

Medieval Black Smith > Creator Castle

????? > Creator Viking ship? :pir-wub:

Unfortunately, Lego dropped the ball by not approving the Viking Village Ideas set by BrickHammer.  Otherwise we would have had a nice Vikings 1-2 punch like Pirates and Castle previously.

This is amazing! I occasionally look back on the original Vikings theme which was amazing apart from the weird robotic-looking monsters. 

I didn't mind the dragon in the castle set but I much prefer it when they have molded heads so I don't have very expectations for the sea serpent. That being sad I am really looking forward to seeing that Longship, it sounds amazing! I was tempted to get the Creator pirate ship it was so good a longboat that is equally well-designed will probably be on the top of my list for next year :moar:

Also I missed out on the cmf Viking because of covid but I really hope that there are 1-2 of the new helmet mold in the set, that would be amazing

2 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also I missed out on the cmf Viking because of covid but I really hope that there are 1-2 of the new helmet mold in the set, that would be amazing

I guess we can expect that awesome CMF Viking figure but I doubt they’ll just throw 3 of them in there.  I just hope we don’t get a pirate minifig in a Viking ship…

Spoiler

Saw this news on IG this is great.  Hopefully the torsos are useful.  At least we are getting nods to old school themes.