BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

On 4/5/2021 at 12:18 PM, Poco Lypso said:

But bricklink is part of the lego group now iirc.

So how does that work with Bricklink part of the Lego Group though?  I’m about to place a big order through there because the Lego group’s turn around time on bricks and pieces right now is insanely monumental on wait time!! Two months have passed by just waiting for 2 pieces I ordered from them.  

28 minutes ago, eldiano said:

So how does that work with Bricklink part of the Lego Group though?  I’m about to place a big order through there because the Lego group’s turn around time on bricks and pieces right now is insanely monumental on wait time!! Two months have passed by just waiting for 2 pieces I ordered from them.  

That's unfortunate to hear about TLG turnaround time for bricks and pieces. I just put in an order, and estimate was 13 days. 

10 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

That's unfortunate to hear about TLG turnaround time for bricks and pieces. I just put in an order, and estimate was 13 days. 

it was weird because I submitted a missing brick order the same day and got that within 7 days, but it’s disappointing that I want to purchase extra bricks but the service’s turn around time is longer

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

it was weird because I submitted a missing brick order the same day and got that within 7 days, but it’s disappointing that I want to purchase extra bricks but the service’s turn around time is longer

That all depends.  I ordered recently on March 2 and got them in about 3 weeks so.  But some people have been waiting for months and others get orders quick so it's a crap shoot.  Although bricklink is owned by lego now it's still independent sellers so it's all in who you order from.  Just make sure you read through the reviews and look at the sellers rating to make sure you are ordering from someone that is good.  

6 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

That all depends.  I ordered recently on March 2 and got them in about 3 weeks so.  But some people have been waiting for months and others get orders quick so it's a crap shoot.  Although bricklink is owned by lego now it's still independent sellers so it's all in who you order from.  Just make sure you read through the reviews and look at the sellers rating to make sure you are ordering from someone that is good.  

OHHH thanks for the heads up! Wow, you figure lego owning bricklink that they might help by at least having an official store with out of print items for dirt cheap!!! Who knew the goats and animals from mill village raid would be expensive 😭

On 4/6/2021 at 8:07 PM, Shroffy123 said:

On 4/6/2021 at 10:55 PM, zoth33 said:

Heh, I will perfectly fine with waiting now heh, was doing an MOC that required 1,200 bricks and I finally sat down and pieced them all out through brick and link and did the best job that I could on bricks and pieces, at the end of the day bricks and pieces was 200 dollars cheaper than bricklink would had been if I would had purchased them all through there.  Granted I have to wait it out but still very happy with the process I guess.  

Granted the lego pieces are a bit more expensive but it does not compare to the multiple shippings added on through the different stores IMHO.  

Edited by eldiano

On 4/7/2021 at 2:38 AM, eldiano said:

Which country are you ordering to? in Germany it takes about 5 weeks

Bits and Pieces is certainly taking a long time to get to the USA.  Bricklink shipping times depend on the store owner and doesn't really have anything to do with TLG.  Sometimes it takes less than a week.  I think 5 weeks has been my longest wait. 

TLG is just running the website and skimming profits off of resale of the very products they profited from the first time they were sold.  Thus taking vertical integration of a company to the next level by grabbing a piece of the aftermarket as well.

The last store employee I talked to said the castle 3in1 was coming in August.  That was just one employee however...

3 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

TLG is just running the website and skimming profits off of resale of the very products they profited from the first time they were sold.  Thus taking vertical integration of a company to the next level by grabbing a piece of the aftermarket as well.

Off topic : It's about controlling the brand. TLG is not going to make any serious money of BL compared to the headache they've bought

If anything, I wish LEGO would make some smaller sets with horses again, taking the last 5 years there have barely any horses in regular non-licensed sets (some white horses in Harry Potter, and Brown in AFOL designer program in 2019, and then a big gap)

Medieval Blacksmith did include a new color horse which is good, hope it's a sign for more.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

If anything, I wish LEGO would make some smaller sets with horses again, taking the last 5 years there have barely any horses in regular non-licensed sets (some white horses in Harry Potter, and Brown in AFOL designer program in 2019, and then a big gap)

Medieval Blacksmith did include a new color horse which is good, hope it's a sign for more.

Me too, but until we get Castle or Western sets back I do not see sets with horses happening very often. I had good faith the HP chess set would give us 4, but alas no. A city farm subtheme will also give us some horses I guess, but that seems as likely/unlikely as the two other themes to pop up :def_shrug:

An earlier post said no horses in the HP chess set.  I don't know where that information stems from.  However, if the chess set is cheap like described earlier, there is no chance of horses.

Thank goodness I was lucky enough to get a case of both brown and white horses when they were on the PAB wall years ago.  I never would have thought how scarce they would become among LEGO sets, since usually the castle theme gives us plenty.  I didn't really think of the problems "no castle" for 8 years would have for the broader LEGO community.  After all, castle LEGO fans are the only real LEGO fans anyway...  :wink:

1 hour ago, DaleDVM said:

Thank goodness I was lucky enough to get a case of both brown and white horses when they were on the PAB wall years ago.

Lucky you! If animals like that where in the PAB on the occasions I have visited Lego stores I would start buying PAB as well, I think I only have seen spiders there :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, DaleDVM said:

An earlier post said no horses in the HP chess set.  I don't know where that information stems from. 

I asked and @Guyon2002  answered, he has some inside info :classic:

2 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

An earlier post said no horses in the HP chess set.  I don't know where that information stems from.  However, if the chess set is cheap like described earlier, there is no chance of horses.

From the leaks. Horses won't fit on the squares.

4 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

After all, castle LEGO fans are the only real LEGO fans anyway...  :wink:

You are joking, right? Some people may be quite offended by this kinds of statements... :wacko:

Edited by Lego David

On 4/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, 1974 said:

Off topic : It's about controlling the brand. TLG is not going to make any serious money of BL compared to the headache they've bought

Ooofff My wish from BL owning Lego was under the assumption that Lego group would at least drop some prices for cheaper old molds and pieces that don’t exist anymore.  Kind of funny how they could make some money off it again lmao

On 4/10/2021 at 2:23 PM, Shroffy123 said:

I thought conensus was a June release? Hopefully we will see pictures soon. 

Don’t play with my emotions, hahaha I too was hoping for a June Release but TLG is keeping this under their chest too much!!

On 4/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, Padlix said:

Which country are you ordering to? in Germany it takes about 5 weeks

THe US LOL

On 4/10/2021 at 1:12 PM, DaleDVM said:

Bits and Pieces is certainly taking a long time to get to the USA.  Bricklink shipping times depend on the store owner and doesn't really have anything to do with TLG.  Sometimes it takes less than a week.  I think 5 weeks has been my longest wait. 

The last store employee I talked to said the castle 3in1 was coming in August.  That was just one employee however...

August OMGGG.   I was hoping June!! I Can’t wait to see it and kind of curious how will they pull this one off I think.  We will see.  Somehow someway I completely overlooked the fact that Lego released a castle theme back to back from the Kingdoms line, looking at those prices skyrocket I’m morbid at the notion of forking over the cash required for King’s Castle, either from parting this out or outright buying one.  My boys were worn at that time but I was too focused with buying all Marvel and DC sets I completely forgot about Castle and can’t wait for the next set to be honest!! 

I bought a ton of extra armor from Bricks and Pieces from the Medieval Blacksmith to upgrade some of my old knights hehe

i think that nexo knights, if the knights looked normal and if instead of vechiles they had mythical creatures would have been cool, the bad guys were good for normal castle and i am very suprised that they did not have a village set, most of the show is about monsters attacking normal medieval peasant villages Il Libro dei Mostri - LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS - Episodio 1 - 2016 - Italiano -  YouTubeInstant Carnage 44: January 2017

On 4/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, DaleDVM said:

After all, castle LEGO fans are the only real LEGO fans anyway...  :wink:

On 4/11/2021 at 9:09 PM, Lego David said:

You are joking, right? Some people may be quite offended by this kinds of statements... :wacko:

Hey, hey, hey! Let's not debate which theme has the true Lego fans. We all know Pirates fans are real Lego fans. :grin::cannon:

(I'm just joking, I believe that a true Lego fan is a person who loves any Lego theme whatsoever.)

5 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Hey, hey, hey! Let's not debate which theme has the true Lego fans. We all know Pirates fans are real Lego fans. :grin::cannon:

(I'm just joking, I believe that a true Lego fan is a person who loves any Lego theme whatsoever.)

Well, according to Zach the Maniac the only themes that matter are Castle, Pirates, Town, Space and Technic hahaha only then we can build like crazy and become Lego Maniacs hahaha

I was watching this and thought of this post haha 

52 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

So which fan base has suffered the most. Castle or pirate ?

Neither of those. The fanbase that has actually suffered the most is actually the Bionicle fanbase. Pirate and Castle fans still get the occasional LEGO Ideas of Creator set related to their themes, but Bionicle fans never get anything. While LEGO still acknowledges Castle and Pirates as "Classic themes" Bionicle has always been infamously treated by LEGO as the unwanted step child. 

Trust me, as someone who's interacted with all three of the fanbases, the suffering within the Castle or Pirate fanbases doesn't compare with what Bionicle fans have gone through.

1 hour ago, Shroffy123 said:

So which fan base has suffered the most. Castle or pirate ?

Let's compare our misery :laugh:

It might be the bias speaking but I'm going to go with Castle. Until 2013 we had the expectation of yearly Castle sets and it was unceremoniously yanked out from under us with a dry spell that will soon become a full decade. Pirates' original run only lasted for about eight years and upon the discontinuation of the 2009 wave Lego made it clear that it would only be a part time theme. Pirates fans can reasonably expect to get something every few years, while we're basically staring down the barrel of the permanent discontinuation of our theme unless Lego says otherwise. At this point though, it's going to take action instead of meaningless platitudes or goofy excuses about Nexo and Harry Potter. I yield the floor.

4 hours ago, eldiano said:

Well, according to Zach the Maniac the only themes that matter are Castle, Pirates, Town, Space and Technic hahaha

Zach probably wanted people to buy his drugs (most likely reason why he was called the maniac).