BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

Remember that dragon head in a circle, I just realized that's the new ring piece in Ninjago. You can see it clearly in the leaked images of 71747 The Keeper's Village.

20 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Remember that dragon head in a circle, I just realized that's the new ring piece in Ninjago. You can see it clearly in the leaked images of 71747 The Keeper's Village.

ok

Man oh man. I'm starting to regain some measure of faith in TLG. Last year I got two new ships, this year new black falcons and something else? This is shaping up to be a good lego year again for me.

A set 3 in 1`is great news, I wonder what the constructions will be. I guess basing on the most iconic builds on medieval coming to mynd is the castle, guard tower, tavern, wood refuge. The build I guess will have some vehicle for transportation.
And how the major colours shall accompany the build.

My guess:

3-4 minifigs (2 guards, 1 peasant, 1 noble) Not sure if they would include a horse or brick built one. I would prefer 4 minifigs and the molded horse.
First build: Guard Tower Keep - main build: a tall tower with entrance and interior, tudor style build at the top. with civilian cart.
Second build: tavern/inn an horizontal build with stone foundation and tan/brown roof. with army cart
Third build: training grounds, tents for army on campaign with a palisade, food on tables, with brick built accesories, maybe a small dragon attacking or as ally.

I hope it is done in a way so that if you buy 3-4 sets, you can build a single mega castle.

1. Keep

2. Gate house & wall

3. 2-3 towers (diff. designs & wall)

5 hours ago, Niku said:

A set 3 in 1`is great news, I wonder what the constructions will be. I guess basing on the most iconic builds on medieval coming to mynd is the castle, guard tower, tavern, wood refuge. The build I guess will have some vehicle for transportation.
And how the major colours shall accompany the build.

My guess:

3-4 minifigs (2 guards, 1 peasant, 1 noble) Not sure if they would include a horse or brick built one. I would prefer 4 minifigs and the molded horse.
First build: Guard Tower Keep - main build: a tall tower with entrance and interior, tudor style build at the top. with civilian cart.
Second build: tavern/inn an horizontal build with stone foundation and tan/brown roof. with army cart
Third build: training grounds, tents for army on campaign with a palisade, food on tables, with brick built accesories, maybe a small dragon attacking or as ally.

It's a creator set so it will probably be a brick built horse, but they may surprise us and throw in a large molded animal.  It will be interesting to see what the other 2 builds will be alternate to the castle.  

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Just seen the Ideas Contest! I voted for Wolfpack, Forestmen and the Dragon Knights 

very good !!!!!!!! i wish lego only put in castle and pirates and johnny thunder, mosts of the other themes like space and town have city and star wars, only castle pirate and bionicle have nothing !!!!!! ( bioncle is not one of my favortie themes, but it has nothing ) 

Just now, valon said:

very good !!!!!!!! i wish lego only put in castle and pirates and johnny thunder, mosts of the other themes like space and town have city and star wars, only castle pirate and bionicle have nothing !!!!!! ( bioncle is not one of my favortie themes, but it has nothing ) 

Castle definitely needs more sets, I remember being desperate for it when Nexo Knights was still a mystery and that was years ago! I'm definitely prepared to strategically vote in the second round for whichever Castle theme seems to be doing the best :grin:

1 hour ago, valon said:

Off topic: still think Bionicle is the coolest theme! I think Bionicle e one ms that saved the Lego Group’s butt from being bankrupted back in early 2000s....

Back to castle topic: it’s hard to vote 3 out of 30 classic themes but I’m excited about the winner in the end! It would be cool to see castle themes’ return!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

So will the Blacksmith's be 130$ or 150$ ?? Because if it's the latter then that's rather steep. 

I saw over on an Instagram leak that it is $150, but comes in at a whopping 2,164 pieces.

6 hours ago, valon said:

Sorry but saying "Space has Star Wars" is as silly to a Space fan as saying "Castle has Ninjago" is to a Castle fan.  You might as well say Nexo Knights was the perfect theme for both Castle and Space fans.  As a fan of both, I found Nexo Knights useful as parts packs on clearance but not as an actual theme.

As for the poll, I voted for Black Knights, Blacktron, and Classic Space.  I would have voted for Black Falcons instead of Black Knights but we are getting those in the Blacksmith Shop so l am aiming for something else.  Pirates just got an Ideas set.  Adventurers just got a mansion disguised as a fairground ride.  Bionicle is of no interest to me at all.  My biggest concern with this is that the resulting set will only be a stupid gift with purchase that can't be bought in multiples.  That would completely defeat the point to me.

1 hour ago, Lord Insanity said:

Sorry but saying "Space has Star Wars" is as silly to a Space fan as saying "Castle has Ninjago" is to a Castle fan.

Or "Castle had LOTR" or "Castle had The Hobbit" or "Castle has Harry Potter"...

I would love for any castle sub theme to win! But with castle being so spread out over many subthemes, I fear if there is not a more coordinated vote, none of them will make top 3.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:47 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Since the set name is "Medieval Castle", I'd das it's obvious that the set will be a non-fantasy castle looking like in the Middle Age.

Depends how strictly you define "non-fantasy", I think. Even if it doesn't include any wizards or dragons or so forth, it might still reflect some modern, pop-culture-influenced ideas about what medieval castles would have been like, just like how the Creator pirate ship reflected modern ideas of what the age of piracy looked like based on iconic fictional stories like Treasure Island (including stuff that would be historically inaccurate or uncommon like skull-patterned sails or skull-shaped treasure caves).

And while I expect the main model would be a fairly standard/archetypical portrayal of a medieval castle without too many uncommon or unexpected architectural flourishes, the alternate models might be more fantasy-influenced.

Anyway, that LEGO Ideas poll was a really neat surprise to wake up to! Most people I saw it shared from were heavily pushing for Bionicle to win (since that's what tends to be trendy among my generation and my circle of friends/acquaintances), but I also saw various people expressing enthusiasm about the Space and Castle themes in the running, as well as some more surprising candidates like Paradisa and Time Cruisers.

IDK if this is helpful to anybody in deciding what to vote, but the historic theme that I've seen the most excited comments about on Facebook and Twitter is Forestmen. So from a strategic perspective, that might be one of the easier poll options to reach a majority with. Even then, though, it might still be a challenge to compete against the popularity and familiarity of longer-running themes like Bionicle or Classic Space.

I haven't really decided yet how I'm going to vote. Bionicle is definitely one I'd love both out of nostalgia and my general love of buildable, posable characters and creatures, regardless of theme. But a lot of my other childhood favorites like Aquazone, Spyrius, and Dragon Knights are from that mid-90s period that tend to be somewhat more divisive, and also don't tend to have quite as much sentimental value for me as Bionicle anyhow.

Conversely, I have a lot of affection for Forestmen, M:Tron, and Blacktron on a conceptual basis, but they were all before my time, so how much I'd enjoy sets based on those themes would depend HEAVILY on how well the designers manage to elevate them to a modern, AFOL-worthy level of complexity and detail.

Edited by Aanchir

On 1/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, Lord Insanity said:

Sorry but saying "Space has Star Wars" is as silly to a Space fan as saying "Castle has Ninjago" is to a Castle fan.  You might as well say Nexo Knights was the perfect theme for both Castle and Space fans.  As a fan of both, I found Nexo Knights useful as parts packs on clearance but not as an actual theme.

As for the poll, I voted for Black Knights, Blacktron, and Classic Space.  I would have voted for Black Falcons instead of Black Knights but we are getting those in the Blacksmith Shop so l am aiming for something else.  Pirates just got an Ideas set.  Adventurers just got a mansion disguised as a fairground ride.  Bionicle is of no interest to me at all.  My biggest concern with this is that the resulting set will only be a stupid gift with purchase that can't be bought in multiples.  That would completely defeat the point to me.

no, star war is in space and has space ship and minifigure that work. Harry Potter has castle, but there are no knight the current ninjago theme is castle partially nexo knight was good for space but not for castle johnny thunder i guess

On 1/16/2021 at 4:44 PM, zoth33 said:

It's a creator set so it will probably be a brick built horse, but they may surprise us and throw in a large molded animal.  It will be interesting to see what the other 2 builds will be alternate to the castle.  

Yes probably it will be brickbuilt altought a molded sheep(or any new animal) would be awesome.

9 hours ago, Niku said:

Yes probably it will be brickbuilt altought a molded sheep(or any new animal) would be awesome.

It would be nice but I won't hold my breathe.  I am really interested to see the builds and hopefully some nice figs.  I hope there are some animals in the set but most if not all will be brick built.  Like I said they might surprise us with a nice molded animal.  I do like the tan horse in the blacksmith shop set.  

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

It would be nice but I won't hold my breathe.  I am really interested to see the builds and hopefully some nice figs.  I hope there are some animals in the set but most if not all will be brick built.  Like I said they might surprise us with a nice molded animal.  I do like the tan horse in the blacksmith shop set.  

:cry_sad: I know, the odds are unlike to happen, well I do hope the set is great, I have a great illusion on it, given how nice work they make on the 3 in 1 ship.
I think all we have left as Castle followers is to be grateful for having some good sets this year.
The horse is fantastic and a well waited color variety for many persons. 
Ps the nostalgia voting is a good idea and hoping castle can get at least a participant on the final round.

21 hours ago, Niku said:

:cry_sad: I know, the odds are unlike to happen, well I do hope the set is great, I have a great illusion on it, given how nice work they make on the 3 in 1 ship.
I think all we have left as Castle followers is to be grateful for having some good sets this year.
The horse is fantastic and a well waited color variety for many persons. 
Ps the nostalgia voting is a good idea and hoping castle can get at least a participant on the final round.

My only fear with that is they have spread out so many of the castle themes instead of just a few.  But I do hope that they do bring back a castle theme.