BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

Hey people.

Now, the old folks in this forum know me as a leaker and as matter of fact, I've been for a long time, having a lot of inside sources.
Why do I use the past tense?

Well there's more than a reason behind that and it's quite simple.
A) I have little time now to care about that as now.
B) I don't find it as interesting as I did before.
C) In the old times, LEGO Leaks weren't this interesting and you didn't have IG filled with that. Now look at it today.
The tag is pure trash with 95% of it being anything but leaks, and it's mostly people craving for attention, likes, and subscribers.

So when someone puts something interesting they come at your pic, steal it and repost it without control, just to have part of "your" likes/followers.

Recently this became even insane with people sharing and resharing a retailer catalog, with the name of the retailer clearly written on it.

I had to come and tackle on that, explaining what was happening and trying to put a stop on it Well, I'm not as known as I was before, and I'm little to not at all known on IG so, well, that didn't work.

So all of this to tell you that I still can't control myself from getting infos when it's something about castle or pirates, because that's the main reason I love LEGO.

And I will be digging every day in order to understand wheter there will be a castle like theme or not.

BUT 

In the meantime, this is what I would like to believe, so this is pure speculation.

A) Castle is absent since years as now, at least 7.
B) The last Ninjago Wave (Summer one) was the closest non-licensed thing as a Fantasy castle line we had since castle was gone. 
C) TLG is indeed trying new ways. Vidiyo is something like that. Ideas are that. Mario is. Etc

My best hope is that LEGO realizes one thing: if they did a game (see point B) that has rules, easy, but funny, that look like Warhammer, which is a game that people still play every time, so trying something new (point C) and exploiting the fact that however it goes, people is craving for castles (point A) ... this would be a winner.

Scenarios, battlepacks for factions, weapon packs, etc etc 
We would all love something like that and you bet this would be a total winner.

So why isn't TLG doing such? Because they know the market better than me and know I'm too enthusiastic?
Or... maybe they're planning something like that?  Let me hope. 

42 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

My best hope is that LEGO realizes one thing: if they did a game (see point B) that has rules, easy, but funny, that look like Warhammer, which is a game that people still play every time, so trying something new (point C) and exploiting the fact that however it goes, people is craving for castles (point A) ... this would be a winner.

Scenarios, battlepacks for factions, weapon packs, etc etc 
We would all love something like that and you bet this would be a total winner.

So why isn't TLG doing such? Because they know the market better than me and know I'm too enthusiastic?
Or... maybe they're planning something like that?  Let me hope. 

They sort of tried that with Heroica. And in (licensed) LOTR Battle for Helm's Deep.

3 hours ago, MAB said:

They sort of tried that with Heroica. And in (licensed) LOTR Battle for Helm's Deep.

Not exactly what I had in mind (speaking about Heroica).
Heroica it's more "Hero Quest"-like. I like that, but not my point.
I think TLG is ready to profit with things that look like
Warhammer 40,000 - Wikipedia

or like:

Miniatures Game Review: Warmachine & Hordes - Shut Up & Sit Down

I really believe they would make a lot of money out of such.

Nexo Knights was a castle theme. So in their eyes, Castle has only been absent 2 years

22 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Nexo Knights was a castle theme. So in their eyes, Castle has only been absent 2 years

Yes, Nexo Knights was indeed a castle theme. No, it’s not exactly castle theme I was hoping. I prefer a medieval type. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

That's right indeed.
But let's move on. Let's pretend Nexo Knights never happened.
For everyone's sake.

I would like to see some ghost or zombie citizens of the ruined Middle Age castle. It would be interesting to see an army of ghost or zombie knights raiding the living castle! 

And I would love to see medieval castle with small village surrounding it. 

Hey hey! I just looked at a video on YouTube from someone saying that he had some info from a very good source about castle coming back in 2021. Castle of alatok or something. Now i saw a post about this somewhere else but the numbers that were listed are Hidden side sets currently on the selves. What do you make of this rumour? I would be excited if it was true... but unless there’s a huge mix up in the infos, I can only conclude that this fake?

12 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The tag is pure trash with 95% of it being anything but leaks, and it's mostly people craving for attention, likes, and subscribers.

IKR??

The #legoleaks is used for Fornite, MCU news, even pictures of shoes and whatnot

Or when a kid makes a crappy build putting a couple of pieces together, and the proud father/mother goes and post it with the tag for everyone to see

Like why the hell I'm supposed to care? 

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

Hey hey! I just looked at a video on YouTube from someone saying that he had some info from a very good source about castle coming back in 2021. Castle of alatok or something. Now i saw a post about this somewhere else but the numbers that were listed are Hidden side sets currently on the selves. What do you make of this rumour? I would be excited if it was true... but unless there’s a huge mix up in the infos, I can only conclude that this fake?

Is it this?

I've never seen this guy's videos before but he does have a sizable following. He's also claiming that it's called "Castle of Allatok", which was in the fake post on the last page, but he said that there are six sets, not eight. Apparently he posted the names in a private discord but I'm not paying for that. The name overlap is interesting because the original source has said that the retailers he talked to did not give him a specific name, and so far that name has only appeared in the fake post.

24 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Is it this?

I've never seen this guy's videos before but he does have a sizable following. He's also claiming that it's called "Castle of Allatok", which was in the fake post on the last page, but he said that there are six sets, not eight. Apparently he posted the names in a private discord but I'm not paying for that. The name overlap is interesting because the original source has said that the retailers he talked to did not give him a specific name, and so far that name has only appeared in the fake post.

That’s why I was confused. I guess we’ll see. I would really like for this to be true. 

20 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Not exactly what I had in mind (speaking about Heroica).
Heroica it's more "Hero Quest"-like. I like that, but not my point.
I think TLG is ready to profit with things that look like

or like:

I really believe they would make a lot of money out of such.

Yes, there are many other companies' products that LEGO could copy and use minifigures in the place of other figurines. I am not sure it would be a good move though. Warhammer and so on has two types of fans, the customizer "painter" fans and the "gamer" fans, and of course there is a significant overlap between the two groups. LEGO could try to make a Warhammer style game but to do so, the game would have to be good to survive and also they would have to continually renew it with many new products every year or it would just die out. I don't think of LEGO as a strategy games maker. They tried with the games range, but ended it. They might well make money from doing lots of (insert any theme) based minifigure parts that can be mixed and matched to create armies, but would they actually be used to play a LEGO designed strategy game? If not, there is no point to the game and they might as well just make the factions without gameplay. But then they can do that now if they want. Just create battle packs of elves, dwarves, knights, archers, orcs, trolls, Vikings, Romans, Spartans, etc ... that is just historical and historical fantasy, then there are the people that would want space fantasy, space marines, and so on. But LEGO is in the business of making and selling lots of plastic parts, not games or parts for games. If they make loads of battle packs, then figure sales might go up but brick sales might go down.

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

He probably saw the same rumours on instagram as everyone else. This is how rumours grow. He can't 100% say it is coming because he has not seen any real evidence.

It won't surprise me if it is true, and it won't surprise me if when it comes people complain it is not real "Castle".

6 hours ago, MAB said:

Yes, there are many other companies' products that LEGO could copy and use minifigures in the place of other figurines. I am not sure it would be a good move though. Warhammer and so on has two types of fans, the customizer "painter" fans and the "gamer" fans, and of course there is a significant overlap between the two groups. LEGO could try to make a Warhammer style game but to do so, the game would have to be good to survive and also they would have to continually renew it with many new products every year or it would just die out. I don't think of LEGO as a strategy games maker. They tried with the games range, but ended it. They might well make money from doing lots of (insert any theme) based minifigure parts that can be mixed and matched to create armies, but would they actually be used to play a LEGO designed strategy game? If not, there is no point to the game and they might as well just make the factions without gameplay. But then they can do that now if they want. Just create battle packs of elves, dwarves, knights, archers, orcs, trolls, Vikings, Romans, Spartans, etc ... that is just historical and historical fantasy, then there are the people that would want space fantasy, space marines, and so on. But LEGO is in the business of making and selling lots of plastic parts, not games or parts for games. If they make loads of battle packs, then figure sales might go up but brick sales might go down.

Agreed. There are already a couple of aftermarket parts providers that make LEGO compatible hex bases for gamers that are FOLs.

Wouldn't surprise me if the attraction is something like a 3d cinema , which then could be further expanded to a Augmented reality LEGO set theme, as in the replacement of Hidden Side.

Maybe even something like LEGO's version of Pokemon Go / Minecraft Earth to go beyond just scanning LEGO sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

Is there any evidence that trailer is for anything other than a new Legoland theme park attraction?

I mean if that is also teasing a play theme of sets I think the whole "parallel universe" is a massive red flag.  That could wind up being nothing more than a Nexo Knights 2.0 theme.  (where the parts are more useful for building spaceships than actual castles)  Of course if it went with more of an Elves theme inspiration crossed with the current Ninjago: Master of the Mountain it could be an epic win that puts fantasy era Castle to shame.  Of course this is making a massive assumption that the trailer is for anything besides a theme park attraction.  So we are back to that first question.

I really hope this is a fantasy based theme too.  There is so many possibilities they could have for sets.  I love the skull dragon from the new Ninjago line.  If they did a dragon of that scale and possibly a griffon.  I hope these rumors are true my youngest son would be so excited.  If it has giant eagles too that would be great and I hope that if there are eagle knights that they are comparable to the black falcon knights.  Hopefully there will be some concrete evidence by around Christmas time.  I would really like a true castle theme.  The new Ninjago line is great for figs and parts and even the builds and dragons are very nice but we need that true castle theme to return.  

3 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

Is there any evidence that trailer is for anything other than a new Legoland theme park attraction?

Yes, it's a summer theme for next year. 

The good news is that there's clearly a dragon in the trailer, and given Lego's current slate of themes, I think there's a pretty low chance that it's going to be similar to Nexo Knights. The bad news is that after reading the description I highly doubt that it's a Castle theme, or at least a traditional one. Like you, I think the whole "parallel universe" bit is a huge red flag.

If I had to guess I think we're dealing with some sort of high fantasy theme, maybe with some magic thrown in. The minifigures are the biggest wild card here.

Edited by BrickJagger

5 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

I don't think there is any hard evidence, just rumour and that at this stage. 

What are people's expectations of the LEGO IDEAS Medieval Blacksmith set?  Do you think the final design will remain faithful to the original or do you think it's going to get nerfed?

Me personally,  I have been disappointed in most IDEAS sets since the Old Fishing Store and therefore,  I don't hold much hope for this. 

On the other hand, it is clear that this is an adult orientated set, that may not have any appeal to a younger audience if elements are dumbed down too much. I hope the final design choices are conscious of this. 

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

3 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Yes, it's a summer theme for next year. 

Is that confirmed 100%?

Don't toy with my feelings.... :cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad::cry_happy::cry_sad:

21 minutes ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

What are people's expectations of the LEGO IDEAS Medieval Blacksmith set?  Do you think the final design will remain faithful to the original or do you think it's going to get nerfed?

Me personally,  I have been disappointed in most IDEAS sets since the Old Fishing Store and therefore,  I don't hold much hope for this. 

On the other hand, it is clear that this is an adult orientated set, that may not have any appeal to a younger audience if elements are dumbed down too much. I hope the final design choices are conscious of this. 

Personally I do not mind if they make changes to that build since I think it is a little to big in scale compared to earlier civilian based sets like 10193: Medieval Market Village and  7189 Mill Village Raid. I am sure Wes Talbott and other designers will do a great job, I hope for lot of details, animals and more minifigs than the submission had :grin:

5 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

I actually hope it gets a little bit more of a Guarded Inn approach.

I expect the piece count likely gets cut down a bit in terms of little wall/roof texture pieces, and maybe less printed wood tiles indoors, and less small pieces outside.

The Tree House final result wasn't as cluttered on the base compared to the original, I expect a similar base/terrain build.

I wouldn't mind a bit smaller simpler build if it means they can add at least 1-2 more horses, and keep the other animals around.

The tree likely will be smaller or simpler as well.

Would even be more of a surprise if they can make it a 2-in-1 build like Barracuda Bay, or add some seasonal pieces like they did for the Tree House.

Edited by TeriXeri

I think the changes will be significant, especially in terms of color. But that's not bothering me at all... I'm just happy to get any medieval set at all!