BrickJagger

Future Castle Sets?

Did exosuit put energy back into classic space? Lego had so many left over, it might have killed any ideas for a comeback completely.

The same could happen to anything castle.

Kids are moving on fast these days. It's the adults that want more of the same.

Edited by MAB

Did exosuit put energy back into classic space? Lego had so many left over, it might have killed any ideas for a comeback completely.

The same could happen to anything castle.

Kids are moving on fast these days. It's the adults that want more of the same.

I can see where you're coming from, although I haven't seen the sales figures on the Exo-Suit. If anyone has, please share.

Anyways, it didn't reinvigorate the theme, but I did feel like it was a nice fresh take on a classic. So in a way, I felt like it did add some energy to the Space themes.

Nexo Knights is clearly inspired by Space themes, so that's something.

:wink:

I guess what I'm really hoping for is a great, well-built set in the Castle theme, even if it comes from Ideas (which seems like the only option, as it was for Space at the time). I feel like there is a lot of potential there, but the right Idea just hasn't come along yet. And appealing a little more to adults as far as the theme goes isn't really a bad thing, as there will likely be enough adult votes and buyers to justify it (after all, the Ideas website is intended for people above the age of 13).

I apologize that this isn't exactly on topic, but rather than start a new topic…. Has anyone tried using the ultron head piece (here) as a viking helm? I'm curious how it would work, if anyone has one that they could show. With a lack of any new pieces to use for dark ages/viking mocs, I'm trying to find alternatives...

Edited by Hammerhand

Hammerhand, the eye holes in up perfectly. I think it makes a nice varient in a Viking army, but it still seems a bit off for me to want to use it exclusively for the Viking helm.

In regards to Nexo Knights. They obviously are not a Castle theme. Instead it is a hybrid or compound of High Tech and Castle. Both the High Tech and Castle are existential elements. Nexo Knights would not exist without it.

Just like water needs both the hydrogen and oxygen molecules. We can breath both hydrogen and oxygen but if they are combined into water, we cannot breathe theme.

I wish Nexo Knights a long as successful run. But I find the sets lacking elements to entice me to purchase them. I considered getting the Ultimate Macy for the ponytail piece, but it does not appear to fit the Roman helm. I might still get her for the new pyramid elements in gun metal. I also plan on getting Ultimate Lavaria for the crossbow as well as a completely usable (for me) figure. The rest of the Nexo Knights sets might be worthwhile if I find them on clearance.

I think the hope for Castle fans will be a licensed wave, but I don't know yet what it could be.

I considered getting the Ultimate Macy for the ponytail piece, but it does not appear to fit the Roman helm. I might still get her for the new pyramid elements in gun metal.

Just so you know, the pyramid pieces are silver (Silver Metallic), not gunmetal (Titanium Metallic).

I considered getting the Ultimate Macy for the ponytail piece, but it does not appear to fit the Roman helm. I might still get her for the new pyramid elements

I thought the same. A friend gave me the plume, which sadly does not fit any current helmet. It fits in a stud hole. And the pyramids are nice. I want to see a bigger variety of colors for them, though.

Is there any chance that we get a licensed theme of the new Warcraft movie?

That's a possibility. I wouldn't mind collecting the human side of that theme at all.

I thought the same. A friend gave me the plume, which sadly does not fit any current helmet. It fits in a stud hole. And the pyramids are nice. I want to see a bigger variety of colors for them, though.

Yep, Macy's plume is designed to fit in a stud hole because it's also used in black as a ponytail for Nadakhan from LEGO Ninjago and General Magmar from LEGO Nexo Knights. It's a pretty useful piece in its own right, even if it doesn't work so well as a traditional plume. It could be great hair for orcs/trolls/barbarians (actually, you could probably even use it as a plume on the helmets of the giant trolls, since those have a hollow stud but no hole for an ordinary plume).

The Brickset review of Ultimate Macy does make a good point, though, which is that her VISOR would be more versatile for Castle building if it had a regular 1.5mm plume hole underneath the 3.2mm hole so it could fit other types of plumes. Bit of a missed opportunity there.

More colors for the pyramid element could be great. Which colors specifically did you have in mind? I can see a whole lot of colors being useful for microscale building, either as pyramids or peaked roofs.

I would like to see those new pyramid pieces in white for capstones on brick fences as well as dark tan / light gray for detailing on castle walls.

I would like to see those new pyramid pieces in white for capstones on brick fences as well as dark tan / light gray for detailing on castle walls.

I'd like to see it in olive green, if only to see some tree MOCers beautiful creations eventually.

I don't make trees much myself, but I'll bet that piece would be useful.

Is there any chance that we get a licensed theme of the new Warcraft movie?

Not if Mega***ks still has the licence. But it would be an awesome theme if we did, even just as a mild fantasy stop-gap for fans of traditional Castle while the ultra sci-fi fantasy stuff is happening.

Too close to NK, in Lego's mind. Nope.

If it's too close to Nexo Knights in LEGO's mind, LEGO has lost their mind.

I thought that was established when Lego ended LotR before releasing anything resembling Minas Tirith. :sceptic::tongue::wacko:

That happened looong ago.

I thought that was established when Lego ended LotR before releasing anything resembling Minas Tirith. :sceptic::tongue::wacko:

Doesn't stop that thread from still getting posts three years later. :poke:

Too close to NK, in Lego's mind. Nope.

Don't think so. Warcraft is high fantasy, more like LoTR, NK is...eh, basically a futuristic theme which combines elements of medieval era. Also, isn't TMNT too close to Ninjago as well? They still produced both themes simultaneously.

Also, Mega Bloks has the Wacraft license. They always pick up licenses of popular videogames: CoD, Halo, Assassin's Creed, NFS, WoW, Skylanders, Starcraft....

Very useful site, glad to be a member

Glad you're enjoying it. Perhaps a post in the "New Member" forum would be warranted.

I don't think it'd just be that it's too close to Nexo Knights, but also that it'd be too close to Nexo Knights too soon.

Nexo Knights is a big bang theme, which means Lego will be pouring a lot of money into media in this first year, and will be expecting that investment to pay off. Later in the theme's lifespan, when it's proven its own sales potential, Lego might be willing to consider other, more similar licensed themes (somewhat like how Lego began the Ninja Turtles theme after Ninjago had found its footing), but this first year is crucial to them and they're probably going to want Nexo Knights to be the only real Castle theme for at least that long.

Them's fightin' words :wink:

True.

They may want Nexo Knights to be the only Castle theme, but it's certainly not a real Castle theme.

:tongue:

I don't think it'd just be that it's too close to Nexo Knights, but also that it'd be too close to Nexo Knights too soon.

Nexo Knights is a big bang theme, which means Lego will be pouring a lot of money into media in this first year, and will be expecting that investment to pay off. Later in the theme's lifespan, when it's proven its own sales potential, Lego might be willing to consider other, more similar licensed themes (somewhat like how Lego began the Ninja Turtles theme after Ninjago had found its footing), but this first year is crucial to them and they're probably going to want Nexo Knights to be the only real Castle theme for at least that long.

Counterpoint: TMNT might not have come out the same year as Ninjago, but it did come out the same year as Legends of Chima, which it was arguably just as similar to (anthropomorphized animal characters in animal-inspired vehicles). I don't think the LEGO Group is terribly afraid of launching a licensed theme the same year as a tenuously related "big bang" property.

But with all that said, yeah, I'm pretty sure Mega Bloks still has the Warcraft license.

Counterpoint: TMNT might not have come out the same year as Ninjago, but it did come out the same year as Legends of Chima, which it was arguably just as similar to (anthropomorphized animal characters in animal-inspired vehicles). I don't think the LEGO Group is terribly afraid of launching a licensed theme the same year as a tenuously related "big bang" property.

But with all that said, yeah, I'm pretty sure Mega Bloks still has the Warcraft license.

I'm not even sure that something like Warcraft would translate well into Lego anyways. Lots of complicated designs, from what I can see, that Lego would have a hard time re-creating.

I'm so glad I found this thread! I want a new castle in the four wall style but without large castle wall pieces in favor of more brick built details. Basically 7948 King's Castle in the style of 10223 Joust. I would also like a new Royal Carriage like the one from 2010. Finally, an updated Medieval Market Village would be amazing!

Edited by Airbenderfreak