ootkaman

7th Robin Hood MOC: Sherwood Camp (with Friar Tuck)

After several requests, I have made an MOC of a Sherwood camp, including Friar Tuck and his faithful dogs, Marian, and another member of the Merry Men roasting a fish.

The MOC includes:

• A hut covered in vegetation, with loopholes on the sides for archers, a table for eating using gold dishes, plenty of food in barrels and crates, and some tools and cooking utensils on the wall
  • A campfire surrounded by rocks and places to sit, with a fish rack and a bipod for making stew
  • The target, conveniently "borrowed" from the tournament grounds, with which Robin Hood split his opponent's arrow
  • Three minifigures, as mentioned above: Friar Tuck, Marian, and another member of the Merry Men roasting a fish over the fire. Since Friar Tuck is such a difficult minifigure to design with existing Lego pieces, I decided to give him his characteristic look using a yellow sticker over the bowl cut hair piece (after deciding that painting made the hair indentations even more conspicuous). He is accompanied by his trusty dogs.

You can see better pictures of the camp on Flickr at https://www.flickr.c...157659507712026.

This is also a project on Lego Ideas if you like it enough to support it or share it: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/119057

I have always wanted to portray Robin Hood through Lego bricks. I hope you like it, and if not practical suggestions are always welcome!

21389588324_fb493e92cc_c.jpg

21824533048_b9c8f69393.jpg 21986197856_539f1e9759.jpg

The best Robin Hood MOC from you! Friar tuck is really good! Keep them coming (btw, di you have an actual set of that tournament, something with a tribune and King John, and...? Otherwise, i love to see that realized :laugh:)

Definitely my new favorite! The little hut is fantastic, I love all the details inside :thumbup:

Great job with the fire and target too, especially how you used the brown grass stalk :classic:

The best Robin Hood MOC from you! Friar tuck is really good! Keep them coming (btw, di you have an actual set of that tournament, something with a tribune and King John, and...? Otherwise, i love to see that realized :laugh:)

Thank you very much! That would be great to have a set of the tournament, although I am not sure I could make it much different or cooler than Kingdom's Joust. Do you have any ideas?

Definitely my new favorite! The little hut is fantastic, I love all the details inside :thumbup:

Great job with the fire and target too, especially how you used the brown grass stalk :classic:

I appreciate it, LittleJohn! I was curious to see what you would think. I had fun designing it. You are the first to mention the brown grass stalk :D

Thank you very much! That would be great to have a set of the tournament, although I am not sure I could make it much different or cooler than Kingdom's Joust. Do you have any ideas?

Well, the set is a joust. This should be around archers, not about knights. And i do remember that in thedisney version i saw when i was 4 (IT was my favoured film), that in that pecular scene Friar tuck went behind the podium of King John and put a knife against his back and so forced him to release Robin. IT would be so nostalgic when you could find a way to present that...