DuckBricks

Lego Nexo Knights TV Series Discussion

External material doesn't count, but having seen the map myself I can't help but question if spending 3/4 of one episode trying to turn the power on and arguing over what to do could have been better spent introducing the knights' backstories. Maybe Axl came from the desert region where there was little food, hence his constant need to eat everything. Perhaps Aaron came from some boring farm village, giving him a thirst for action and adrenaline. This would have created a connection between characters and locations that could be explored in the future, and simultaneously shown us how vast and distinct certain regions are. But they didn't, and we know next to nothing about the world after 40 minutes of time.

That would actually make Axl and Aaron less useless, and here I was thinking it couldn't be done.

the BoM and Jestro is basically Crooler and Cragger all over again at this point.

Maybe they could make Jestro steal all of the BoM's power, and now he can make monsters and do real magic by himself. Then he dumps the book in lava.

Jestro also has the potential to share a relationship with either Clay or Merlok (someone who was his friend, or someone he hates).

And also, am I the only one that thinks Ninjago has better animation (combat) than Chima and Nexo Knights?

There is that gaming term. "graphics for gameplay" or "gameplay for graphics". Nexo Knights and Chima follow that in my opinion. They both look gorgeous, but have bad-ish animation.

That would actually make Axl and Aaron less useless, and here I was thinking it couldn't be done.

How so? They're both still fully-trained knights from an academy. That's more than Luke Skywalker had.

Maybe they could make Jestro steal all of the BoM's power, and now he can make monsters and do real magic by himself. Then he dumps the book in lava.

Jestro also has the potential to share a relationship with either Clay or Merlok (someone who was his friend, or someone he hates).

I talked about this earlier in the thread, having a double-betrayal where the BoM tries to betray Jestro but Jestro comes out on top would do wonders for having a real villain. I hope we get a "Dark Knight" (not the Dark Knight though) at some point, if the lack of a black knight on the Nexo team is any indication that we could get one.

How so? They're both still fully-trained knights from an academy.

I talked about this earlier in the thread, having a double-betrayal where the BoM tries to betray Jestro but Jestro comes out on top would do wonders for having a real villain. I hope we get a "Dark Knight" (not the Dark Knight though) at some point, if the lack of a black knight on the Nexo team is any indication that we could get one.

I meant character-wise useless. They seem pretty clear cut the way they are now.

Also, that's a really good idea, I just hope they don't follow Power Rangers with the wearer of the outfit.

Keep in mind that world building requires relevant timing and is naturally done as a show progresses.

You didn't know that there were two halves to the Land of Ninjago, one light and one dark, after the pilot. Heck one would only be aware of Ignacia, the Monastery, the weapon locations, and the Underworld (80% of which have been nearly irrelevant since then). It's all that you needed, and there was no need to expand beyond that until the series began, where locations were reused, but were only expanded upon when necessary.

All we need to know right now in Nexo Knights is that Knightonia is the castle/city. Knighton is the kingdom. That's it. We have that, and we don't need any more than that.

Chima's issue is that it would introduce locations, but we'd get nothing about it. Information that it took to its grave, unfortunately.

All I can say is that Book of monsters is still my favorite character and I really think he has many things hidden in his pages. :) And Man I'm mad we don't get that "Igor-type" Lava monster in jestromobile.

Love the scaredy knight and brave queen concept. It's one of my favorite cliches.

The only thing I don't liked is how book of evil transformed Jestro with no reason. It would be better if they went "Let's gave you a badder look" way.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

The only thing I don't liked is how book of evil transformed Jestro with no reason. It would be better if they went "Let's gave you a badder look" way.

Well, the book is probably made with pure evil, so there's that.

That toy ad though..

Edited by gamejutzu

The two premiere episodes are now available on YouTube!

https://youtu.be/t69mijohc00

https://youtu.be/qqgM73rXHRg

There are full credits at the end, but unfortunately there's just a "voice cast" section rather than specific credits for which actors played which characters. Still, good to see some familiar names!

I should have guessed LEGO would block this in Australia. :hmpf_bad:

After seeing the two episodes I only have on real complaint about mainly the second episode

Why did Merlock have a book that made people evil just by touching it.

I would have had it that the book of monsters could turn people evil by biting them. Making it more a reason to keep the Book of Monsters locked away.

Having another evil book that turns things evil just doesn't make sense. Its the flower from chima all over again. At least unlike the flower the evil book is gone as the Book of Monsters ate it.

After seeing the two episodes I only have on real complaint about mainly the second episode

Why did Merlock have a book that made people evil just by touching it.

I would have had it that the book of monsters could turn people evil by biting them. Making it more a reason to keep the Book of Monsters locked away.

Having another evil book that turns things evil just doesn't make sense. Its the flower from chima all over again. At least unlike the flower the evil book is gone as the Book of Monsters ate it.

I think there are plenty of conceivable reasons for Merlok to have a book like the book of evil—the most obvious potential reason being to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. Again, Merlok hasn't really revealed everything about himself or the Book of Monsters—but that's part of what makes him such a compelling character. Pretty much all great wizard characters, from Merlin to Gandalf to Dumbledore, have had their fair share of secrets, only shared when the time is right, and Merlok seems like he'll be no different.

Edited by Lyichir

I think there are plenty of conceivable reasons for Merlok to have a book like the book of evil—the most obvious potential reason being to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. Again, Merlok hasn't really revealed everything about himself or the Book of Monsters—but that's part of what makes him such a compelling character. Pretty much all great wizard characters, from Merlin to Gandalf to Dumbledore, have had their fair share of secrets, only shared when the time is right, and Merlok seems like he'll be no different.

Maybe but how would you handle a book that turns things living things evil? Tongs?

Maybe but how would you handle a book that turns things living things evil? Tongs?

How about...

A Vincent Tong!

Huh? Huh?

Edited by gamejutzu

How about...

A Vincent Tong!

Huh? Huh?

HA!!!

I too thought that

Jestro's transformation (into Venom Jestro :tongue: ) was quite rushed.

I'm quite curious if the other Books have effects upon touch.

Well, he could conjure up fake monsters an he had a magic cane, he could have even used the Force on it for all we know.

Well, he could conjure up fake monsters an he had a magic cane, he could have even used the Force on it for all we know.

FIYAAAA

Um, I mean, he could balance it on his staff or something...

There are full credits at the end, but unfortunately there's just a "voice cast" section rather than specific credits for which actors played which characters. Still, good to see some familiar names!

My son loves this show. Erin Mathews plays Macy. I recognized her voice instantly. She voiced Azari and Naida from Lego Elves.

Those don't work for me. It says they are not available :sceptic:

Here is another link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98lBHiOFgs

Here's a new webisode, personally I liked this one much better. Jestro and the BoM make the show so much more fun.

Edited by Dr_Chronos

Not brilliant, but most certainly a giant step up from their last attempt at a minisode. Only serious problem I had was with the "NEXO POWAH!!!" scene, that's going to be unbearble before we get through half the season if it happens as much as it has so far.

Here's another webisode which might just be my favorite so far!

Not brilliant, but most certainly a giant step up from their last attempt at a minisode. Only serious problem I had was with the "NEXO POWAH!!!" scene, that's going to be unbearble before we get through half the season if it happens as much as it has so far.

So far we've had two true TV episodes, and in those it's happened... once altogether? So if that's too often for you then I think the problem is on your end, not the show creators'. It's kind of like complaining "I like this show Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu, but I wish they didn't do Spinjitzu so often." :sceptic:

Plus, half the point of the Nexo Power scenes is to give kids something to scan for the Merlok 2.0 app, so not having those scenes would mean not giving kids anything new to scan that week.

Edited by Aanchir