DuckBricks

Lego Nexo Knights TV Series Discussion

Unfortunately, you're right. I get the feeling that with the "villains unite" wave coming up, this might be the last we see of regular NINJAGO for a while, or ever again, so it's not too far-fetched to believe that they might just assign random realms to be certain things because they'll never get around to exploring them all.

Assuming they ever actually INTENDED to explore them all... I'm fairly sure part of the reason why they introduced as many realms as they did was to give them more than they'd end up needing (some of which could indeed be used for funny cameos).

That said, I'm already sick of the "Such-and-such theme is a realm in Ninjago!" theories, so I wouldn't mind if they went ahead and revealed all the other realms so that we didn't have to deal with those anymore...

It's bothering me a bit that there seems to be a lot of different monsters and characters on the evil side, but almost every episode we've seen so far has been the exact same monsters.

Glad to see something new finally though, interested to see how they'll incorporate characters to come.

Haven't followed any of these lego series before, are we likely to see all 20 episodes this year or is there a planned break at some point?

It's bothering me a bit that there seems to be a lot of different monsters and characters on the evil side, but almost every episode we've seen so far has been the exact same monsters.

Glad to see something new finally though, interested to see how they'll incorporate characters to come.

Haven't followed any of these lego series before, are we likely to see all 20 episodes this year or is there a planned break at some point?

The fact that we've only seen a few monster varieties so far doesn't seem to be an accident—it seems like Jestro and the Book of Monsters gain the ability to summon new monster varieties with each evil book the Book of Monsters eats. So with that in mind, it's not unlikely that the variety of monsters Jestro summons will continue to increase as the series progresses.

I'm really getting tired by Clay's by-the-book attitude. I was thinking that Axl would be an issue with a repetitive trait, but with him, it isn't food all the time. With Clay it's rules, after rules, after rules. Even the Book of Monsters isn't that bad. At least not anymore

The fact that we've only seen a few monster varieties so far doesn't seem to be an accident—it seems like Jestro and the Book of Monsters gain the ability to summon new monster varieties with each evil book the Book of Monsters eats. So with that in mind, it's not unlikely that the variety of monsters Jestro summons will continue to increase as the series progresses.

I never thought the phrase "literary cannibalism" needed to exist, but it seems that it does!

We'll probably see all 20 before the summer wave is even released, albeit with a several month break between the first ten or so and the last ten. And I'm pretty sure the other monsters will show up once the BoM consumes enough books.

I just got the chance to see the episodes, and so far, I'm loving them. Apparently Klaatu Barada Nikto is a meme even in the Nexo Knights world. I'm really glad that Jestro and the BoM actually get a chance to destroy a few places without being stopped by the protagonists, unlike in NInjago. It makes villains a lot more impressive if, you know, they can actually do something. And our secondary characters get characterization too! Plus, the Techcalibur isn't just a random named sword, but has actual significance.

Little details, like the mosaic actually being made of LEGO, are just everywhere. At this point, I think I like it more than Ninjago. And it'll probably improve even more when the other evil minions, like Lavaria, show up.

Today's episode was maybe my favorite so far! Whiparella is a very amusing villain, and it was neat getting to learn all the knights' fears.

I wonder how long we'll keep getting a new magic book in each episode. If there's one for EVERY episode (as there has been so far) then there will surely be more in the show than in the sets!

Been watching these with my son. He has been enjoying them but is disappointed that the new Nexo power each episode doesn't seem to do anything different. The Knights just glow and turn the monsters to smoke when they hit them. Hopefully one of the powers will eventually do something visually interesting.

The Lion Chi Temple from Legends of Chima made a small cameo during the training room scene, Nexo Knights could be a realm of Ninjago too.

I really want a crosover now.

Yeah I also don't like that.- the only nexo power that did something different is the one from Axl Webisode.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Interesting that Whiparella, based on the sound she makes when she moves, is not only snake-like, but somewhat slug-like as well. Kinda dissapointed she didn't think of using fear of boredom against Aaron. Helplessness and inability to do anything kind of hurts if you're an adrenaline junkie. And it's pretty obvious. She claims to be able to make nightmares true, yet she doesn't think to use something that is the core of most nightmares?

So far, I'm a little underwhelmed by the TV episodes. The first two where ok, but after that the storylines are just too bland. Episode 5 did have a little twist with the knights not having to battle the monsters directly but their own fears, however it was ruined by the major plot hole of Whipperella being immediately able to zero in on everyone's worst fear but Aaron's.

I still have high hopes for this show, after all we are still in the "get-to-know-the-characters-phase", but imo the webisodes were more enjoyable than these first TV episodes.

Cheers

TomKraut

It's not a plot hole. Aaron was the only one to avoid actually getting hit by the whip, as he caught it.

It's not a plot hole. Aaron was the only one to avoid actually getting hit by the whip, as he caught it.

You are right, of course!

The new webisode is rather nice. For those who wanted it, we finally get a Nexo Power that actually does something besides desummoning monsters. Lavaria is just perfect.

EDIT: Episode 6 is out in Dutch. I haven't watched it, just looked at the stills, but apparently Lavaria makes her first appearance.

Edited by DraikNova

How come the episodes are airing like everyday instead of once a week?

Ninjago did the same in the summer wave, and now there's two per week. I guess the idea is that it's more fun to watch in a row, and kids can get content quicker to push set sales and excitement? Not too sure myself, but I like it. Shame CN isn't airing any NK episodes this week as they were canceled and pushed back to a later date. (Not this month)

Edited by legozebra

I'd like to congratulate Nexo Knights for doing in just 4 episodes what it took Ninjago 35 episodes to do... nudity. :tongue:

It's nice that these characters actually have some sort of fear. It's certainly further than Chima got with character development, even though they are no where near what they could have been.

How come the episodes are airing like everyday instead of once a week?

Cartoon Network does that a lot these days, with a lot of their shows (Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Ninjago, etc). To be honest I don't know when they started doing this or why, but I guess they decided it gets them higher ratings.

A bit frustrated that Cartoon Network had listed new Nexo Knights episodes this week on their schedule, then decided to air Clarence instead without updating the cable listings. Now I'm going to have to go and delete all the recordings on my DVR that are marked as LEGO Nexo Knights but are actually Clarence.