the gear rack actuators are working well. the turntable too, but more mounting options would be cool. it moves to much in relation to the chassis and the bevel gear is jumping over on high load

btw. 500g on 50cm distance

Great idea to use string to raise the boom. Does the string stretch when you try to lift something?

Quite hard test, wasnt it? :D Two remarks - you can barely expect less 'bending' in turntable with half kilogram weight and half a meter leverage unless your couterweight is much (several times) heavier. With your reduced superstructure, your counterweight doesn't really counter anyway. Remarkable drawback of having better look. I think however that with the weight closer to the pivot point (boom fully raised) the bending should be fairly acceptable.

I also noticed that your hook string doesn't unwind when you extend the boom - I often miss this auto-function on cranes. Wouldn't it be possible to make it that way so you get rid of that inevitable unwinding with ever few inches of extension?

quite Hard? iam happy to have done it, because i have found a small, but big problem with the rotation drivetrain. Unfortunately there is no room for the synchronized winch like in 8421. The same thing can be done with the remote.

Looking fantastic, and I'm amazed at how well it's lifting that weight. I can't quite see how the boom is being raised though, can you explain please. Cheers.

There is a winch which pulls a rope, which pulls the gearracks out, with help of a pulley, and this lifts the boom

Oh I see, so the racks teeth themselves aren't used. No wonder I couldn't see any gear train for them. I guess the pulley is at the very end of the boom then is it, to allow for full extension. Is it just the weight of the boom that retracts it when the rope is wound back in?

Great for a road truck, but perhaps a bit too low for a crane truck, but it maybe form the angle of the photo. How much is the clearance beneath the mudguards?

nearly two studs from ground. same height as the front bumper

Then its great! I was afraid that it would look too much sporty and low to the ground.