Sign in to follow this  
tkatt

MOC: Phil's Diner

I was inspired by a curved glass panel.

21406300424_be9e6ded0e_c.jpg

22038978771_a95e58f9e1_z.jpg

21840915570_650a9915ae.jpg21841243538_7ec54e5b17.jpg22016773582_fa6ffddb09_z.jpg21840913460_1029cb50d5_z.jpg22038976361_fd022ecc26.jpg21842116958_b632698b94.jpg22038979911_141fbb881f.jpg

Thanks for looking, sorry about the phone camera picture quality.

Neat-o! The dark green/sand green color scheme is really cool. It looks really small next to the others in that corner space though... :look: Maybe it would benefit from a second floor? :shrug_oh_well:

I love one story diners, but because the entrance (very nice) looks like a classic building I agree that a second floor in this case may make it look even better.

What a fantastic design in a great size. Very well executed and very fun!

Very nice piece! I want to get them as well after seeing this. Also, love the portrait in the toilet.. haha. Great use of grain wood on the bar counter.

This is awesome! I love it! I think I'm inspired to make a version of my own. I actually like the 1 story look. It's cool. Great job.

This is great. Looks great with the other buildings too!

Did you consider dark green over the door? Or perhaps alternating dark green and black curved pieces on the roof?

Thanks for checking out my build and the nice comments.

This is great. Looks great with the other buildings too!

Did you consider dark green over the door? Or perhaps alternating dark green and black curved pieces on the roof?

I really wanted to use dark green 1x3x2 curved top bricks 33243.jpgfor the entire roof line, but the part is actually somewhat rare. No seller on Bricklink currently has more than 6 in stock and Lego B&P is sold out. I'd have to order from 5 or 6 different stores to get the amount I need. If I find them at a resonable price someday I'll swap the green for the black.

Kind of reminds me of Night Hawks. Looks great!

Nighthawks by Edward Hopper is what I thought of the first time I saw the curved glass panel. I used the painting as a reference for my build. I was hoping someone would see a similarity.

400px-Nighthawks_by_Edward_Hopper_1942.jpg

It wasn't until the second photo where I recognized the nighthawks imagery. Very well done!

Kind of reminds me of Night Hawks. Looks great!

Nighthawks by Edward Hopper is what I thought of the first time I saw the curved glass panel. I used the painting as a reference for my build. I was hoping someone would see a similarity.

It was my first thought too, even the title kind of made me hoping it would be (although the bar in that painting is offcourse called Phillies). Well done!

That is really cool.

It catches the atmosphere very nicely.

Maybe a bit to brown-ish on the inside (I always imagine these diners as being pretty light in the interior), but that's subject to personal taste.

Keep clicking those bricks together!