Sign in to follow this  
Feuer Zug

Navy Seabee

22013147902_14e1fe1930_c.jpg

Another commission I built. My grandfather served as a Seabee in the Pacific theater during World War II, and it made me proud to create this piece.

The Navy Seabee logo was designed by Frank Iafrate. He said, “…I thought of a bee — the busy worker, who doesn’t bother you unless you bother him. But provoked, the bee stings. It seemed like an ideal symbol.

“The rest came easily. I gave the bee a white sailor’s cap, various tools to show his construction talents, and finally a Tommy gun to show his fighting ability. I made the bee a third-class petty officer (E-4) with the 1942 Naval insignia used by the first Seabees on each arm … a machinist’s mate, a carpenter’s mate, and a gunner’s mate.”

Information from: The Seabee Museum and Memorial Park http://www.seabeesmu...ightingBee.html

21999247556_ec2265722e_c.jpg

22025454745_eebc483d9c_c.jpg

21402657514_b2c646e9a0_c.jpg

22013147272_f7c7638555_c.jpg

Nice one Feuer Zug :sweet:!

I really like your build and the story behind it - well done!

Do you still accept commissions for this. I’m a current active duty Seabee officer and would love one of these please 

On 10/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, skittle986 said:

Do you still accept commissions for this. I’m a current active duty Seabee officer and would love one of these please 

Sorry for the late reply. I only noticed this when going back to check activity. Yes, I do commissions. Please check your inbox.