kbcakir

The Ugly Bastard

Hi guys, I know it has been a while from my last post (space samurais). But I graduated from the uni and started to work, so I don't have much free time nowadays. Actually I assembled the troops for my late medieval army which is inspired from Holy Roman (German) Empire. (It employs about 200-250 soldiers) But after building the ship 'The Ugly Bastard' I felt that the Totenkopf mercenaries fit really well to the ship. So I am really confused about sharing it here or in the historic themes topic. If I did wrong by sharing it here, admins can relocate it.

The Totenkopf Mercenaries (20 soldiers and a captain) are halberdier troops and they will continue to serve the emperor as long as they are sure that they will be paid well icon_biggrin.gifBut their leader of the Totenkopfs 'Sir Langenschwanz' is also a talented sailor and he acts like a state pirate when the duty calls.

Now I present you the Totenkopf Mercenaries and their transport Ugly Bastard. I hope you guys like them.

21927650776_0abd5a87e0_c.jpg

pirates-indexed.gif Fully Rigged Ship, Three Masts 19D

21941457502_052c71af29_c.jpg

My Flickr

What a viscous group of mercs! Awesome ship! Love the army! I am a fan of black and silver soldiers! :wub: lovely all around! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Loving the black and white, with skull detailing and the Mercenaries look very menacing (I had to google where the armour came from, too bad it was released 8 years ago otherwise I would be hunting it down! :-)

Is your ship based on the combination of "Black Pearl" and the Imperial flagship 10210? I like the crew most of all. But two questions - why do you call her ugly? she isn't ugly at all. Why do you call her bastard?

Hahahaha good questions. After finishing the hull and the nose section she looked like an anglerfish which is really ugly. Normally ships are feminine but this one felt so masculine and i imagined this ship as a buccaneer (state pirate ship). In my opinion he name bastard fits well for a ship with such a character. You are right, after the sails attached i became more attractive. But I still continued with the preset name. Maybe you can rename it, I would be really happy.

Thank you guys for all of the motivating comments.

So cool and scary ship! I like that it's totally black & white. Also the sea base is great (dfferent shades of blue).

Great work. :thumbup:

The crew looks awesome. Are the weapons Brickarms or Brick Forge?

While the parentage of this ship may be in question, it is definitely *not* ugly.

Bravo!

Edited by gev

Very nice ship! I love the custom crew!

tag-fontpage-pirates-276x60.png

Thank you so so soo much for frontpaging me that's an honor a huuuge honor LOL. This kind of appreciations make me want to build more but my stupid job kills all of my time. But I will try to participate this lovely forum as much as possible.

Beautiful ship!

Good work. Congrats on Frontpage.

While the parentage of this ship may be in question, it is definitely *not* ugly.

Bravo!

Thank you soo much for the support guys. For the 'ugly' issue, I named it ugly because I thought this ship as bloody mercenary ship. Also if you look closely to the teeth like design on front part it is really ugly. But I thank you for finding it not 'ugly'

Do you have any close-up pics of the ship. I would like to take a closer look at the details. Great MOC!

Thank you!

Sadly I didn't have time for taking and editing close up photos. But I will try to take some shots becase of the increasing demand :D

Amazing vessel!

I love it! :wub:

Thank you so much bro!

The ship is lovely (well, apart from the skull railing, which looks sinister) and the crew is excellent as well. I think an older type of ship would suit them better, but then I suppose historic accuracy wasn't your overall goal. That combination of colors looks great for both the ship and the crew. Great work and congrats on the frontpage appearance.