Wait....what should I be using then? I did all that work on my many versions of Jennifer Clark's demag on mlcad.

I personally am a big fan of LDCad. Especially the new 1.5 (Beta) with the new source-window. :classic: For me, it has almost everything that I liked from SR3D Builder (the ease of building) and almost everything that I liked from MLcad (the more advanced features and the source-editor). And, besides that, the flexible part editor in LDCad is amazingly powerful and easy. It isn't LSynth compatible, but because it generates a part in the MPD file, it's still compatible with other viewers (e.g. LDview, LPub).

Of course, it's a matter of preference and I can imagine that if you've been using MLcad for years and years, you've grown used to it. But I started LDraw with SR3D Builder years and years ago, and I've always found MLcad kinda annoying.

Hi everyone,

I've today received the last two pieces for this MOC that I ordered from BrickOwl - just in time for Christmas!! I'm really looking forward to getting started and was delighted to read Blakbird's mini review of the model. To me, it looks terrific. More later.

Season's greetings,

John

Hi Folks, I completed my copy of this model - a couple of small mods;

SBrick control with a basic (for now) iPhone interface

Added an LPG bottle, since this is the most common forklift configuration in Australia

Changed the seat, as other folk have mentioned, it was out of scale & I found the black colour tended to become lost so it is now LBG/DBG

OMR

23911647036_c879598713_c.jpgIMG_1569 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

23569873729_961bc962a1_c.jpgIMG_1570 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Edited by OneMoreRobot

At the moment it's definitely too expensive for me to get all the required pieces for this model, but one day... One day I hope I will manage to build this machine. Thank you!

Added an LPG bottle, since this is the most common forklift configuration in Australia

Changed the seat, as other folk have mentioned, it was out of scale & I found the black colour tended to become lost so it is now LBG/DBG

Nice job with the mods. It looks really good.

Kevin,

I have just finished building my Christmas/New Year project, your Fork Lift Mk II. I was tremendously impressed by the density and robustness of the mechanics and by the superb quality of the building instructions - a brilliant design and terrific engineering. Thank you very much; it was the most satisfying build that I have made.

Best wishes,

John

OMR

23911647036_c879598713_c.jpgIMG_1569 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

23569873729_961bc962a1_c.jpgIMG_1570 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Hi,

I have just finished Kevin's Fork Lift - terrific MOC - and would like to add the LPG tank as on your MOD. How did you make and attach it?

John

Hi OneMoreRobot,

I have just finished Kevin's Fork Lift - terrific MOC - and would like to add the LPG tank as on your MOD. How did you make and attach it?

John

Hi John,

Very easy to add - I made two adapters that attached to the framework that extended either side of the battery box, the LPG cylinder then attached to the adapters via black pins. I have attached lists of the parts required and some photos;

Adapters (each)

2 x Axle 2N #32062

2 x 1x2T Liftarms #41677

1 x 1x2 Liftarm #60483

1x Pin #2780

1 x Pin #15100

23656172054_c55e35e646_n.jpgAdapter by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

23656165424_9617608479_n.jpgAdapter2 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

LPG Cylinder

4 x Cyl half 2x4x4 #6259

2 x Brick, round 4x4 #6222

4 x Plate, round 4x4 #11833

1 x Plate 2x2 round #2654

1 x Dish 4x4 inverted #3960

2 x Pin #2780 (already included with adapters - shown on Cylinder photo)

24284375615_8a193b4ff4_n.jpgLPG Cyl by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

I used LBG for the cylinder, some parts are hard to find in that colour

OMR

Edited by OneMoreRobot

Hi John,

Very easy to add

OMR

Since you made quick work of that any way you could post another photo and the parts list for your seat too. I can't resist the LPG mod and seeing the seat makes me want to do that too. THANKS!

Hi John,

Very easy to add - I made two adapters that attached to the framework that extended either side of the battery box, the LPG cylinder then attached to the adapters via black pins. I have attached lists of the parts required and some photos;

Adapters (each)

2 x Axle 2N #32062

2 x 1x2T Liftarms #41677

1 x 1x2 Liftarm #60483

1x Pin #2780

1 x Pin #15100

LPG Cylinder

4 x Cyl half 2x4x4 #6259

2 x Brick, round 4x4 #6222

4 x Plate, round 4x4 #11833

1 x Plate 2x2 round #2654

1 x Dish 4x4 inverted #3960

2 x Pin #2780 (already included with adapters - shown on Cylinder photo)

I used LBG for the cylinder, some parts are hard to find in that colour

OMR

OMR,

Thanks for the rapid and helpful response - parts are now on order from BrickOwl.

John

Since you made quick work of that any way you could post another photo and the parts list for your seat too. I can't resist the LPG mod and seeing the seat makes me want to do that too. THANKS!

Your welcome. Mod seat uses same two pins for mounting - it's just wider.

24323914805_41f39b0c5e_n.jpgSeat by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

24215702862_7044cbb1ac_n.jpgSeat2 by OneMoreRobot_NZ, on Flickr

Parts required;

Seatback & arms

1 x Axle pin connector #63869

4 x 1x6T liftarm #32063

4 x 1x3T liftarm #6632

2 x 1x7 liftarm #32524

2 x 3x3 L-shapeT liftarm #32056

2 x 1x4T liftarm #32449

Base

4 x 1x5T liftarm #11478

2 x Axle / pin connector #42003

1 x Axle / pin connector No.2 #32034

1 x Axle / pin connector #6538c

1 x Pin connector round #18654

Pins & axles

1 x 7L #44294

2 x 6L #3706

1 x 5L #32073

2 x 2N #32062

1 x Pin 2780

5 x Axle / pin #43093

2 x Axle / pin #11214

OMR

Edited by OneMoreRobot

I've started with this model too. As I do not own that many pieces in red I have to revert to yellow.

Last weekend I got approximately halfway through the excellent build instructions and decide to take a picture.

Now I have to source some black panels first before I can continue.

Great build so far, relatively dense model. The outer two L motors were swapped for M variants for steering and tilting, else I had to tear down Jurgen's Backhoe V2. I hope these have enough torque.

800x1029.jpg

Edited by emielroumen

Finished my build of this moc today. Have to say, great design and very good instructions. Forklift it self works fine and has good lifting power and good turning rate. Thx Kevin. :thumbup:

Finished the MOC this week after I received a few missing parts.

This model could or should have been released by Lego itself because of the excellent photo instructions, build quality and sturdiness.

More photos of this MOC available in my bricksafe folder, some feature Jurgen's Backhoe V2 too :).

800x548.jpg

800x513.jpg

800x787.jpg

Edited by emielroumen
Remove image from bricksafe