I really like that you went with the studded boom. Those bricks offer so much more strength and rigidity. Having the cab beam holes face the outside instead of the usual flat/panel look works really well with the studded bricks, too. It looks like an official set from an earlier era. I'm looking forward to the video.

I really like that you went with the studded boom. Those bricks offer so much more strength and rigidity. Having the cab beam holes face the outside instead of the usual flat/panel look works really well with the studded bricks, too. It looks like an official set from an earlier era. I'm looking forward to the video.

+1

Hello legotechnicus,

I know that you probably had no time to finish your MOC for TC8 on time but it would be great if you finish it sometimes because I like Tatras a lot...

Do you got plan to finish it? :)

Thanx...

Max...

Hello legotechnicus,

I know that you probably had no time to finish your MOC for TC8 on time but it would be great if you finish it sometimes because I like Tatras a lot...

Do you got plan to finish it? :)

Thanx...

Max...

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been a bit busy.

Im not sure I will finish the crane, but the truck still lives.

At this point its a cab with some axles and a chassis.

In order to move forward I need some bricks and pieces.

Hope I can order the parts soon.

Good question, it should be finished someday, one way or the other... :sceptic::classic: That build is just amazing from every view and/or stand point... :thumbup:

These kind words motivate me to finish the model. At this point I am also testing different chassis, axle outputs, steering setup and the suspension

OK then I motivate you... :D

It would be really great if you finish it... Looking forward for next progress!

I'm awaiting gzzig for next support... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Hi guys,

Lately I've been very busy, so I didn't have much time to build and work on this project. But it's for a good cause.

I don't know how to change the topic into something else because it's no longer a crane truck and it's no longer 6x6.

Here are my latest updates to the truck. I wanted to try and build the 8x8 version for a long time now and i've finnaly worked some stuff out to make the best tatra model I can make.

The cab is still unchanged from the last time you've seen it, that's because i'm a bit lazy and I wanted to make a good chassis first.

I also wanted to make a realible steering system for the 8x8 configuration. It's not totally finished yet but few changes are needed.

Enough talking time for some pics

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Well, i must say that this is a whole new level of awesomeness, its pretty amazing how good the chassis looks, and now it is 8x8, so its even better, i really want to see it running, nice work again.

Really would have loved to see the crane truck finished... :wub: ...nevertheless I love this beauty too!!! :thumbup:

I notice a change at the rear suspension. Already loved it on the 6x6, but curious what you did on this 8x8. Really love the chassis, as you know this is exactly how I make my chassis too... :thumbup::wub::laugh::classic: