Hello Ingmar,

as I've already told you many times, the Torpedo looks great!

I love the well designed shape and the color combo.

It has the deserved place in "The art of LEGO scale modeling" :wink:

Keep it on!

I think this is the best truck you made thusfar... absolutely love it! Your def the best overall lego truck builder in my book...

Hello Ingmar,

as I've already told you many times, the Torpedo looks great!

I love the well designed shape and the color combo.

It has the deserved place in "The art of LEGO scale modeling" :wink:

Keep it on!

Well thanks so much and yes you did...!!! :wink: Great that an amazing builder as you are like the shapes and colors...

I think this is the best truck you made thusfar... absolutely love it! Your def the best overall lego truck builder in my book...

I might agree with, but am not sure... :wink: Probably because I build my other models myself as well... :laugh: Thanks so much for the kind words!

really impressive. I like your building style ;)

Glad you like it, thanks...

As an update...The site is currently free of any issues but has to be reviewed by google before they release the flags that show up for everyone.

Hopefully that will be resolved soon but I don't know exactly how long it will take.

As an update...The site is currently free of any issues but has to be reviewed by google before they release the flags that show up for everyone.

Hopefully that will be resolved soon but I don't know exactly how long it will take.

Thanks for the update Chase, we just have to be a little more patient...

I am sorry to say but I have just tried to get on the site nychase and I am still getting all the malware warnings

Unfortunately that is correct, the issues have been solved, but Google has to remove the warning still... Sorry for the delay, hopefully you can be patient a little more...

Just to update everyone. The issue has been resolved and Google has cleared the security flags that were showing up for everyone.

Thank you all for your patience and enjoy Ingmars wonderful models!

Just to update everyone. The issue has been resolved and Google has cleared the security flags that were showing up for everyone.

Thank you for sorting that out nice and quickly Chase, everything's been running nice and smoothly all day :classic:

Ingmar,

I have made good progress on the cab in LDD and have the floor and doors so far. Once I've completed this I'll be able to modify it to the right colour scheme and start a WIP topic! :sweet:

Thank you Chase!

Hi, Ingmar,

Just to say: All models are excellent which combine the best of Model Team an Technic. I'd like to build all of them, but I'll never stop by bricklinking parts.....

Greetings

Alex

Thanks again Chase for all the effort you put in...!!! That is very much appreciated :thumbup:

Thank you for sorting that out nice and quickly Chase, everything's been running nice and smoothly all day :classic:

Ingmar,

I have made good progress on the cab in LDD and have the floor and doors so far. Once I've completed this I'll be able to modify it to the right colour scheme and start a WIP topic! :sweet:

Agree with you and great to know it runs nice and smooth again... :thumbup::wink:

Well done my friend...wel done... :laugh::thumbup: You really make me curious what you've got so far. Maybe you can show what progress you made so far?

Hi, Ingmar,

Just to say: All models are excellent which combine the best of Model Team an Technic. I'd like to build all of them, but I'll never stop by bricklinking parts.....

Greetings

Alex

Thanks again Alex! Nice you recognize what I try to achieve, to combine both worlds... :classic: Just give yourself time to build them one by one... :laugh:

You asked and now you shall get :classic:

I have built the cab, bonnet and fuel tanks with just the wheel arches and air deflector on the roof to go. These are all of the segments which are going to be recoloured to match TNL colours.

800x383.jpg

800x383.jpg

I couldn't connect all of the parts together as they should be due to LDD constraints but what I couldn't put in I added on the side, all part of my plan for getting the right parts ordered.

My plan is that I will finish the bodywork that I described above as they are in instructions, then copy the truck into a new LDD where all the magic happens :wink: I will then remove all of the bodywork stage by stage, placing the removed parts in an organized manner on the side, and replace it with the right parts to complete the new colour scheme. I will then be able to find out which parts I removed and take them from the parts list. I will create yet another LDD copy of this version where I will remove the new bodywork piece by piece until I get the list of new parts. This is probably a very slow, bad way to do it but it's what I thought of :laugh:

Any suggestions as to a more efficient way to find the new parts required and the old ones I don't need would be great but we'll see. I think that once I've completed everything as original I'll start my WIP topic and keep you updated on there.

Wow, you did it well my friend... :laugh: Nice to see it in LDD too, but did realize about the constraints...but who cares... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::wink:

I think you are doing well this way, I would not know any more efficient way... Well keep us posted and I am looking forward to your WIP topic on your TNL version!!! :thumbup:

I have finished converting the truck into TNL colours :sweet:

I must say that it looks really, really good IMO. Personally it makes it look tidier than the original colours.

I fitted Silver Metallic wheels to it as the finished model will have properly chromed wheels and exhaust pipe.

800x383.jpg

800x383.jpg

As I said I'm really pleased with how it turned out, but I'm considering possibly building this instead:

6328415856_6e0c600511_b.jpg

It is another New Zealand company, however this photo is from the 1980's showing a Scania T142M towing a four axle B-Train, common at the time.

I'm considering this because:

I haven't found any recorded proof of a Scania T143M being used by TNL Freighting

I'm not going to build a second T143M so this would be my only opportunity to build the above unit, which I would like to do

Putting an HPMV six-axle B-Train behind a T143M is just crossing time borders, the truck is from the 90's and you barely see any of them around and the HPMV permit only came into life in 2010 (approximately)

This B-Train would be a hardsider because Hall's are a refrigerated haulage company and it would be nice for my future array of studded trucks to include a classic combination that the older visitors to the Lego shows could recognize and connect to.

I will still build a TNL six-axle B-Train but instead it would be pulled by a Western Star 4864 FX which is a very common TNL unit:

16990024569_375e83e725_b.jpg

So that's what I'm thinking at the moment, if you could give me your thoughts on that I'll make a decision from there and at some point tomorrow I'll work on converting the truck to classic Hall's colours to see how it looks :wink:

Nice job mate! Well done and I really think those colors are very nice! Chromed wheels and exhaust would be perfect! :wub: Did you consider to chrome the fuel tanks as well?

This Hall's combination is nice and if that is a common four axle B-Train for that era you should build it I think. Building a single classic Scania as this is makes sense. As you describe you can still build a TNL combination, but not necessarily with this Scania :classic:

Crossing time borders is basically what I did by releasing this truck. Consider it to be a just recently completely rebuild truck, that is how I look at it. Nevertheless giving it classic Hall's colors and that B-train will do well! People will indeed recognize it as such... :thumbup:

Having another combination that is common these days with a WS would be great! I really love that brand a lot and is indeed common in your region! Great to have both a classic and a contemporary B-train at shows...

Just curious how that Hall's color scheme will turn out! What about the roof? My design has a TopLine roof but your Hall's truck doesn't. Would be nice to make it a little lower adding round fuel tanks and that box impact guard at the front with that bull catcher...would be amazing... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::wub:

So I've hit a small major problem where there are no colours that I can build the truck out of that matches the classic Hall's colour. This is, as you can guess, a very big problem which means that I can't really make it in this colour scheme without using a custom sticker over the entire bodywork to do the colour which is just cheating.

I have found some other options though, I could do:

img286.jpg

ModelExpo014.jpg

Either that red log-deck with a three axle trailer or the PBT unit above. I'm favouring the red option at the moment. The other option is to stay with the original TNL option. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Kiwi_Builder

You know, I really start to see why I love this type of truck so much... What ever color scheme or configuration, it always looks so impressive, really love this truck... :thumbup::wink::wub:

Let's get back to your dilemma, I completely understand. The colors of Hall's are indeed not easy to achieve. Custom stickers are okay, but they only to add not to cover... :laugh:

Probably Red would be the best option and would look nice too! Nevertheless the other color options are more exciting and challenging!!!

I'm not sure what you are looking for precise. The PBT unit uses Medium Blue, White and Dark Blue, these colors are available! However the color of the chassis would demand most of your skills. Either it is in DBG as my original design or in Medium Blue and you have to find solutions. Not many Technic Bricks and other parts are in this color, if not none at all...

Maybe you should stick with the TNL colors, just an imaginary truck, why not... You can also stick to the curtain siders you initially come up with... What would you say?

I think what I'll do is I'll build all of the options in LDD (The TNL truck with six-axle B-Train, the PBT truck with a 1980's trailer combination and the Red Log Deck with trailer), put them in a single LDD and see which I prefer. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Red log-deck and I think what I'll do is that I'll give it a custom colour scheme as that it isn't based off of any company's truck.

I think what I'll do is I'll build all of the options in LDD (The TNL truck with six-axle B-Train, the PBT truck with a 1980's trailer combination and the Red Log Deck with trailer), put them in a single LDD and see which I prefer. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Red log-deck and I think what I'll do is that I'll give it a custom colour scheme as that it isn't based off of any company's truck.

Works best probably...especially giving it your own colors, again curious... :-)

I've noticed a problem with your instructions on pages 10 onwards. There are two floating ball joint pins at the rear of the suspension setup, one on each side. From what I have found so far they have no purpose shouldn't exist. Is there a reason they're there or are they just a little mistake that got missed?

Edited by Kiwi_Builder