Sign in to follow this  
Pizzareno

Christmas Train

So I know it is a wee bit early for a Christmas train but our LUG has a competition to build a Christmas train this year and I thought I'd step way outside the normal for building a Christmas train and do something fun for me and hopefully somebody else gets a kick out of it too.

21976722432_1f4339ebf9_c.jpg

So this is my weird Christmas train. I wanted to build a train that was sort of abandoned and being overtaken by nature but with a Christmas theme and still used by people for events that happen around Christmas. Everything has some sort of meaning for me. Because I have never had a winter Christmas, snow and sleighs and all that wintry stuff doesn't really have much significance for me.

In the loco we have the nativity scene. For me as a Christian the birth of Christ is the driving force for Christmas...also that is why it is in the locomotive. In the middle the tree is a pohutukawa, sometimes referred to as New Zealand's Christmas tree. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosideros_excelsa

21998767661_50846437ba_c.jpg

And because it is summer here every time that Christmas rolls around I thought we should have a swimming hole scene. What is better than swimming on hot summer's day in the Christmas holidays!

21367832663_95a745f6b2_c.jpg

As far as the build goes, I tried to leave as much original looking parts of set 60051 as possible so that it was somewhat recognisable but different.

Here is a link to the full album of this train https://www.flickr.c...157659540955331

Edited by Pizzareno

Wonderful! Creative to do something with the passenger train!

You'd need to have a heart of stone and a soul of custard not to love that. It's chuffing marvellous!!

If I was in your LUG I would give up trying to compete. I couldn't conceive of anything more perfect than that.

Interesting interpretation of the Christmas train. Is the water defying gravity or there's a river going through the train?

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them.

You'd need to have a heart of stone and a soul of custard not to love that. It's chuffing marvellous!!

If I was in your LUG I would give up trying to compete. I couldn't conceive of anything more perfect than that.

This made my day! Thank you.

Interesting interpretation of the Christmas train. Is the water defying gravity or there's a river going through the train?

Yes I thought it was interesting too! In an ideal world this would be nestled in a forest and the water would be flowing in from the far side of the 3rd wagon and be flowing right through the train. I did actually build water flowing through the whole last carriage but you can't see it in the photographs.

I appreciate your creativeness. I liked it a lot and I will also try to make these kinds of nativity for Christmas day this year.

Edited by Chris Morgan

I love it. Christmas themed, but done in an innovative way. Also, I like thinking about warm weather for Christmas instead of the wind and rain I have now.