jonfett

Eurobricks Badges-June 24th deadline

We have had a small discussion about the possibility of getting some Eurobricks Badges for our event.

I am sure most of you have seen the badges created by Brick Engraver, most likely in Brickfest pics. Here is his site http://www.brickengraver.com/prod01.htm which explains a little about the costs and what you can choose.

Here is a price list from the site:

2 Brick Badge - $5.00

3 Brick Badge - $6.00

4 Brick Badge - $7.00

5 Brick Badge - $8.00

So firstly we want to know what those who are coming to the event would like to see.

For example, we could have (on a 3 brick badge):

Full name

Username

Eurobricks Event 2005

Once we have made a decision on this then we can choose what colours we want it to be.

So for now please post your opinions.

Jon.

perhaps we should add "billund" considering that we might go to windsor and M

Good idea Snefroe, I have made a few moc ups of the possibilities of colours just to see what they look like.

First is a 4 brick badge all in blue with white lettering.

post-13-1113148057.gif

Second is the same blue 4 brick badge but with yellow lettering instead of white.

Please say what you think about these and suggest other colour, or word, combinations.

post-13-1113148075.gif

We can put these four bricks in any combination as they are just normal 1x8 bricks and they are not glued.

Jon.

Excellent idea Jon ;)

I think that it would be better to have the event and the location on one brick to make it more unique.

If (and I hope) we do the same event at a different location next year, we don't want to have exactly the same badges (colors...).

That's why I would put "Eurobricks Event '05 - Billund"

For the colors, I like the blue bricks with yellow inscriptions. Is it possible to add a yellow star as well, like the logo?

Thanks for your efforts ;)

I would be able to come to a Windsor event! I definitely support that.

And not a Billund event?? (OK that would be a Looooong flight, RDU-NY-London/paris and billund ;) ).

For the colors, I like the blue bricks with yellow inscriptions. Is it possible to add a yellow star as well, like the logo?

Having both things on one brick may be better (cheaper anyway) but I will just have to check if he can inscribe symbols.

He states on his site that he can inscribe bricks with logos so I will email him shortly to see if he could do anything with the eurobricks logo.

Jon.

Jon,

If he can, I have another idea:

Having one 2X3 with the loge and next to it 3 6X1 with:

User name

Name

Eurobricks Event '05 - Billund

That could be cool, but its just a suggestion ;)

I understand what you mean and it sounds like a great idea, but he only inscribed 1x8 bricks :/

Jon.

that was also my original thought, but too long for a 1 x 8, i guess

i'd also like "2005" and not " '05"

It really doesn't matter. However, 2005 would be more appropriate because we're a european website if there's enough place to put it.

I'm used to the US way of '05.

The most important thing as snefroe1 wrote is to have the year and where the event took place on the same brick ;)

"Eurobricks Event '05 - Billund" cannot fit on one brick as this is 30 characters (inc. spaces) and only 22 will fit on each brick.

Is everyone happy with the blue brick and yellow fill on 4 bricks?

Jon.

i'm probably just moaning about crappy details here, but could you leave an extra space between "event" and "2005"? it seems to me that those two are almost glued to each other. but this could just be a wrong impression...

Thanks Jon, great work, mate :P

I have sent an email to the Brick Engraver so now I need to wait far a reply.

I dealt with the space issue between Event and 2005 (see below) and I explained this in the email, so hopefully the badge will be great.

Jon.

post-13-1113318347.gif

I was wondering something here, are we (snefroe1 and I) the only one going to the event :-D

Come on guys feed back would be appreciated for Jon's great work with the badges ;)