Sign in to follow this  
PaulPrime

(MOD) Rey properly riding her speeder

I apologize for the bad pictures, poor light and even worse camera. I hope you can see my modifications anyway. Every speeder made by TLG shows the pilot seated instead of riding the vehicle, and I tried to solve that innaccuracy with this little mod. It doesn't need a lot of pieces and I think the overall look is improved.

My only gripe is that if you remove Rey there is a gap in the pilot's place. Not a big deal for me as I am planning to keep this model for display only.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

As I read somebody asking about this, I can confirm BB-8 fits perfectly inside the speeder.

5.jpg

This is the first MOD I post so please leave your feedback.

I like it. I never thought of something like this. My only problem would be that the legs should really be on the outside, but that isn't possible. If I ever had any inclination to buy this set I'd probably do something like this as well.

Thank you. If you want to know what was my source of inspiration, just check any picture of a Lego horse.

I tried to improve the handlebars as well. Given the limited space I'm very satisfied with the result.

Thank you. If you want to know what was my source of inspiration, just check any picture of a Lego horse.

I tried to improve the handlebars as well. Given the limited space I'm very satisfied with the result.

I always felt a bit sorry for the lego horse! Good stuff.

I always felt a bit sorry for the lego horse! Good stuff.

Yes, poor empty backed Lego horses. Thanks!

What about adding 93095 on where the figure stands?

I thought about using that piece too but it is designed for a seated minifigure. There is not enough space to fit the legs of a standing one. Maybe a horse saddle could be used but I don't have any and I'm afraid it will look strange and bulky.

Neat MOD!

Thank you!

I don't remember who exactly wrote in this forum that he reduced the front width to three studs using jumper plates. It came to my mind after some time and I decided to give it a try. I actually like it a lot, so thank you whoever you are. While I was at it I smoothed the surface a bit.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by PaulPrime